FORUMS

[Xposed][MOD][4.0+][22-05-2020] KMod FWA v2.8.1 - WhatsApp privacy & customization

1,099 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,757

By Krowne, Senior Member on 12th October 2015, 05:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Krowne: Compatible with Android 4.0.4 and higher supports.
22nd May 2020, 01:40 PM |#3031  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 14

More
For me, highlighting groups sometimes doesn't work: contacts are highlighted in color and some groups are not highlighted in color.

Device: Samsung S7 (Android 8.0.0), EdXposed, KMod FWA v2.8.1
22nd May 2020, 02:25 PM |#3032  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by update.freak

For me, highlighting groups sometimes doesn't work: contacts are highlighted in color and some groups are not highlighted in color.

Device: Samsung S7 (Android 8.0.0), EdXposed, KMod FWA v2.8.1

Please re-select all your groups and contacts. In version 2.8.0, I made changes that may have something to do with your problem.
22nd May 2020, 07:02 PM |#3033  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krowne

Please re-select all your groups and contacts. In version 2.8.0, I made changes that may have something to do with your problem.

I had the same problem. Deselecting and reselecting didn't help. Then I went back to 2.8.0 -> same problem. another version back -> still same problem.
Even went back with WA one and to versions. Didn't make things better. Out of options I returned to KMOD 2.8.1. Still same problem ofcourse, but after updating libraries again problem was solved???

No clue what did the trick, too many tests and reversions.

Edit: it's even stranger. Sometimes it's okay and sometimes not. It seems repeatable:

1) open WA and scroll through the chats -> some groups are highlighted (which they should, all my groups should be highlighted) and one contact (which shouldn.'t. The I scroll all the way up again and scroll down again -> now everything is okay

2) Close WA, also remove from recent apps, open WA and again same ritual as by 1). Spooky

I've been playing for an hour with, so better stop now, start doubting myself
The Following User Says Thank You to hansxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hansxl Ad-Free
22nd May 2020, 11:36 PM |#3034  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Krowne, amazing work man. Hiding tabs is working again and all the other features are working great as well. Thank you for all the work you put in to this!
23rd May 2020, 06:58 AM |#3035  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansxl

I had the same problem. Deselecting and reselecting didn't help. Then I went back to 2.8.0 -> same problem. another version back -> still same problem.
Even went back with WA one and to versions. Didn't make things better. Out of options I returned to KMOD 2.8.1. Still same problem ofcourse, but after updating libraries again problem was solved???

Edit: it's even stranger. Sometimes it's okay and sometimes not. It seems repeatable:

1) open WA and scroll through the chats -> some groups are highlighted (which they should, all my groups should be highlighted) and one contact (which shouldn.'t. The I scroll all the way up again and scroll down again -> now everything is okay

2) Close WA, also remove from recent apps, open WA and again same ritual as by 1). Spooky

That's exactly the same case I have
The Following User Says Thank You to update.freak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift update.freak Ad-Free
23rd May 2020, 10:43 AM |#3036  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by update.freak

That's exactly the same case I have

Yes, I forgot to mention, that when you enter WhatsApp, the first rows will appear fine, but when you scroll down, the color pattern will repeat itself like the first rows you see when you enter WhatsApp. But when you go back upstairs, everything will fall into place. It's something I thought about a lot over the course of several weeks, and I couldn't figure it out, so now this is the new behavior.
23rd May 2020, 12:23 PM |#3037  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

Yes, I forgot to mention, that when you enter WhatsApp, the first rows will appear fine, but when you scroll down, the color pattern will repeat itself like the first rows you see when you enter WhatsApp. But when you go back upstairs, everything will fall into place. It's something I thought about a lot over the course of several weeks, and I couldn't figure it out, so now this is the new behavior.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, so I'm not completely losing it (so far)

I tested again:

- When I open whatsapp (after completely closed and delted from recents) the first page is okay.
- Then I scroll to the next highlighted which is false , I scroll back so I don't see the false highlighted anymore and then scroll forwards again, now the falsely highlighted is not highlighted again
- same ritual is needed for group which should be highlighted but is not.

Somehow the scrolling is needed for 'repairing' the highlighted groups/contacts

Don't know if this helps in the analysis
23rd May 2020, 03:56 PM |#3038  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one, so I'm not completely losing it (so far)

I tested again:

- When I open whatsapp (after completely closed and delted from recents) the first page is okay.
- Then I scroll to the next highlighted which is false , I scroll back so I don't see the false highlighted anymore and then scroll forwards again, now the falsely highlighted is not highlighted again
- same ritual is needed for group which should be highlighted but is not.

Somehow the scrolling is needed for 'repairing' the highlighted groups/contacts

Don't know if this helps in the analysis

That is exactly what I was trying to explain you in my previous post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krowne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krowne Ad-Free
25th May 2020, 01:55 AM |#3039  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:

That is exactly what I was trying to explain you in my previous post.

Thank you for your hard work
I cant figure out How to change marked color?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200525_025331.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	5025983  
25th May 2020, 10:16 AM |#3040  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshouki

Thank you for your hard work
I cant figure out How to change marked color?

I haven't put the option to change it at the moment, sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Krowne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krowne Ad-Free
25th May 2020, 06:38 PM |#3041  
Thanks Meter: 438

More
Every time i try to copy me own message (while typing it) WhatsApp fc , most of the time i select accidently the text and all the message goes
Tried to disable the copy date feature , still crashes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customization, customize, features, personalization, privacy, whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)