FORUMS

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1.2+] LG Optimus Jelly Bean Play Store Fix [v1.0]

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from v0rt3x: Fix Google Play Store 4.9.13 crash on LG Optimus when tapping on the "hamburger" button at top left corner.
Description
Fix Google Play Store 4.9.13 crash on Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on LG Optimus when tapping on the "hamburger" button at top left corner.

I've written this fix for my LG Optimus 4X HD (P880 aka X3) but it should work for any other Android phones from the LG Optimus series or even from any other brand and model that encounters that bug since the workaround is very simple and in principle safe.

Additional Information
When tapping on the "hamburger" button, the Google Play Store crashes with the following "OK" dialog box:
Code:
Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped.
Here is the error visible using adb logcat *:W:
Code:
W/dalvikvm(15097): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4175d2a0)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid payload item type
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.util.EventLog.writeEvent(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.app.Activity.onMenuItemSelected(Activity.java:2716)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.support.v4.app.FragmentActivity.onMenuItemSelected(FragmentActivity.java:373)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at com.google.android.finsky.activities.MainActivity.onMenuItemSelected(MainActivity.java:1129)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at com.android.internal.widget.ActionBarView$3.onClick(ActionBarView.java:172)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:4095)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:17078)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:615)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4872)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:790)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:557)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)
E/AndroidRuntime(15097): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 415): Force finishing activity com.android.vending/.AssetBrowserActivity
Root Cause
The error is due to the resource that contains the menu item condensed title "Applis" which obviously includes some special characters that make the native method android.util.EventLog.writeEvent(int, java.lang.Object[]) to crash.

Resolution
This fix removes any potential special characters from any selected menu item condensed title before the call to android.app.Activity.onMenuItemSelected(int, android.view.MenuItem).

Download Page
Xposed module page

XDA:DevDB Information
LG Optimus Jelly Bean Play Store Fix , Xposed for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Contributors
v0rt3x
Xposed Package Name: vitkin.android.xposed.x3.jellybean.playstorefix

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-08-18
Current Beta Version: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
Beta Release Date: 2014-08-18

Created 2014-08-19
Last Updated 2014-08-19
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to v0rt3x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift v0rt3x Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 07:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No luck for me, still crashes.
23rd August 2014, 09:51 AM |#3  

More
thanks
thanks man its work for me, nice job
24th August 2014, 08:59 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
It works for me too.

My device is LG L5 II e460.

Thanks!
24th August 2014, 10:14 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbosilje

No luck for me, still crashes.

1. Have you indeed enabled the module and restarted your phone?

2. Is actually the error message still the same and what is the complete stack trace you get in logcat?
24th August 2014, 03:42 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rt3x

1. Have you indeed enabled the module and restarted your phone?

2. Is actually the error message still the same and what is the complete stack trace you get in logcat?

I have installed your apk, it is visible in the apps list but I still get the same message.
24th August 2014, 04:50 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paris

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbosilje

I have installed your apk, it is visible in the apps list but I still get the same message.

1. What do you mean by "apps list", the modules list in the Xposed Installer? Is the Xposed Installer app installed? Is my module checked and was the phone restarted after? Could you take a screen shot and include it in your next post?

2. If indeed the module is enabled, using "adb logcat" check the error you get when tapping on the upper left menu button of the Play Store. You must see a stack trace (i.e. a sequence of methods called which last one failed and caused the crash) just like in the example in the OP.
Copy/paste that stack trace in your next post.
25th August 2014, 04:23 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rt3x

1. What do you mean by "apps list", the modules list in the Xposed Installer? Is the Xposed Installer app installed? Is my module checked and was the phone restarted after? Could you take a screen shot and include it in your next post?

2. If indeed the module is enabled, using "adb logcat" check the error you get when tapping on the upper left menu button of the Play Store. You must see a stack trace (i.e. a sequence of methods called which last one failed and caused the crash) just like in the example in the OP.
Copy/paste that stack trace in your next post.

Just reinstalled the Xposed Installer, reinstalled the playstore fix, rebooted and now it works! Thanks!
3rd September 2014, 04:02 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What I should do when a new version of a play store will released?
5th September 2014, 09:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
It works fine in my LG L3 II e430.

Thanks!
9th September 2014, 05:20 PM |#11  

More
thanks!!!

This issue has perplexed me for quite some time. Nice work! It also seemed to have fixed another issue with Chrome. For some reason, Chrome would not even open up www.google.com. Now it does! Small token of thanks sent to Paypal...

Using LG Optimus G E970
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play store, lg optimus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)