FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] XposedWifiFixer - Change WiFi region to US (enable most 5GHz frequencies)

3,691 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,806

By madmack, Senior Member on 11th June 2016, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wrote this for myself but here it is in case anyone is also interested.

Google sets the wifi country code to whatever is in your sim card. If the country does not have a corresponding list of enabled 5GHz frequencies, then a lot of these frequencies get disabled. This mod simply sets the country code to US. There is no GUI or anything, just enable and restart and you're all set. Android marshmallow only. I tested it on my S7 edge and it's working fine.

Enjoy.

Edit: Added OREO 8.1 version. Testing working on Pixel 2 XL.
Attached Files
File Type: apk XposedWifiFixer-1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 2692 views)
File Type: apk XposedWifiFixer-1.0_OREO8.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.15 MB, 2818 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free

6th April 2017, 04:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack

Google sets the wifi country code to whatever is in your sim card. If the country does not have a corresponding list of enabled 5GHz frequencies, then a lot of these frequencies get disabled. This mod simply sets the country code to US. There is no GUI or anything, just enable and restart and you're all set. Android marshmallow only. I tested it on my S7 edge and it's working fine.

Enjoy.

android4.4 cannot open
6th April 2017, 04:08 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Enjoy.

awesome thankx
6th April 2017, 09:55 PM |#4  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 我是一个卒

android4.4 cannot open

did you read OP's post properly ?

There is no GUI or anything, just enable and restart and you're all set.
7th April 2017, 05:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BytesReverser

did you read OP's post properly ?

There is no GUI or anything, just enable and restart and you're all set.

sorry,my english is poor
6th April 2018, 05:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
I've been trying to find a fix ever since i got this phone and your module fixed it with no hassle
Thank you very much
Can i have your permission to share this on Mi A1 forums and xiaomi subreddit?
7th April 2018, 08:39 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berezker

I've been trying to find a fix ever since i got this phone and your module fixed it with no hassle
Thank you very much
Can i have your permission to share this on Mi A1 forums and xiaomi subreddit?

Sure thing. If I can ask you to please link to this post and not share the APK.
The Following User Says Thank You to madmack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmack Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 10:13 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:

Sure thing. If I can ask you to please link to this post and not share the APK.

No problem
Thank you again so much
12th April 2018, 07:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi!

Are you actively working on this still? and did you get around to testing it on a oneplus of any kind? I got the 5T, this does nothing on it sadly, and i'm desperate for a fix

thanks!
14th April 2018, 10:23 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amornik

Hi!

Are you actively working on this still? and did you get around to testing it on a oneplus of any kind? I got the 5T, this does nothing on it sadly, and i'm desperate for a fix

thanks!

I can't say I'm "working on it still" but whenever I have a need for it, I update it. I actually have the pixel 2 xl running latest oreo 8.1 and needed the added 5 GHz access points at work to have higher speeds (780 MBps beats 54 Mbps any day!)

Works fine here. Just make sure your xposed is working fine and that this module is loaded correctly. Reboot, profit. should work on all 8.1 ROMs given that I'm only modifying a simple framework method which should exist in all variants out there.
14th April 2018, 11:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi,
thanks for the reply!
I have installed the latest Xposed, and your module (downloaded from there, not the file here) & rebooted. nothing happens. I do not see my 5GHZ when it's on the 148 and up band. When I switch it to the lower bands (38 and up) works just fine. this is driving me insane. Any chance you could help me out ?

In another post, someone offered me to replace a file, and that seemed to work for a bit, but now it has also stopped working
Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...3#post76220330

Thanks! appreciate any and all help.

Edit: Actually it would help to understand what it is exactly your addon is changing ? since the above file does have something that seems relevant. is this the same value being changed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)