56 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By WardellBagby, Member on 29th June 2014, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2014, 09:35 PM |#11  
Flag Banja Luka RS
Thanks Meter: 2,647

More
Update 1.01 don't work. S3 Temasek KK 4.4.4 v1.05, Boeffla Omni Kernel.

HGT - Galaxy S3 S5 blue - any KK ROM
30th June 2014, 03:10 AM |#12  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstiG

Update 1.01 don't work. S3 Temasek KK 4.4.4 v1.05, Boeffla Omni Kernel.

Hmm. I'll have to wait until I get get the 4.4.4 source straight. Expect an update in a day or so for that.

EDIT: So I've gotten the 4.4.4 source, and I can't see why it wouldn't work. Did you reboot after installing?
1st July 2014, 03:45 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
A problem that plagued me for a year, gone in 2 minutes. Thank you very much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rohail6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rohail6 Ad-Free
1st July 2014, 03:46 AM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohail6

A problem that plagued me for a year, gone in 2 minutes. Thank you very much.

That's what I made it for! I'm very happy to help!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WardellBagby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WardellBagby Ad-Free
1st July 2014, 04:29 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Instead of disabling the sensor, you could try recalibrating, as described in this post. it worked for my Sprint GN2.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2569141
The Following User Says Thank You to tdusen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tdusen Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 12:25 AM |#16  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Since the N4 suffers an annoying bug which causes a crackling noise to the headset signal whenever the proyimity sensor is active, I'd like to request an option to disable the sensor only when headset is plugged.

It would be even better if you would consider to integrate your app with Tasker so we could disable the sensor on different contexts too.
The Following User Says Thank You to cramu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cramu Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 12:27 AM |#17  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramu

Since the N4 suffers an annoying bug which causes a crackling noise to the headset signal whenever the proyimity sensor is active, I'd like to request an option to disable the sensor only when headset is plugged.

It would be even better if you would consider to integrate your app with Tasker so we could disable the sensor on different contexts too.

I actually have been wanting to try out Tasker support, so I'll look into that. I think I can push an update that'll disable during headphone disconnected only in the next few days, then I'll work on Tasker support.
The Following User Says Thank You to WardellBagby For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WardellBagby Ad-Free
3rd July 2014, 12:50 AM |#18  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Thanks for responding so quickly and for considering my suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to cramu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cramu Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 01:36 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Working on HTC Sensation XE running Vipers ROM 5.1.2 (Android 4.1.2)

Thank you very much!!! I finally solved a problem due to the proximity sensor (probably broken) whose wakelock plagued my battery after a call or automatic brightness; thank you!
Noob question: can RILJ wakelock also be related to the proximity sensor?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bino92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bino92 Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 09:59 PM |#20  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino92

Thank you very much!!! I finally solved a problem due to the proximity sensor (probably broken) whose wakelock plagued my battery after a call or automatic brightness; thank you!

To be honest, I don't know. I've never come across the RILJ wakelock issue (literally had to Google it to figure out what you meant) but it could be a possibility?

Although, according to this article here, it has something to do with accessing your location.

My two cents is, go ahead and give my app a try and if it works, great! But I don't know anything about the RILJ wakelock issue to provide any concrete data on whether this will fix it or not. Doesn't hurt to try!
5th July 2014, 10:22 PM |#21  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino92

RILJ is used by location based apps. Mostly google apps. Try disabling location based services when not in use. Check for the links in my signature. They might help you fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to phanitej For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phanitej Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)