[MOD] Sensor Disabler

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 106

By WardellBagby, Member on 29th June 2014, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2019, 09:14 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Actually I'm not the developer of the module. I was struggling to get it to work on my phone running nougat (it worked fine on marshmallow). I merely decided to share the results here as others seemed to need it as well, with the developer no longer responding.

So then, whatever works for you!

[QUOTE=jjcdennis;78629226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee19

Doesn't work over there?[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry for the late response Mikee19.
I was running steadfasterX's Oreo rom for H812 and your module for xposed. I'm not sure if sensor disabler worked or not. I tired multiple settings but no matter what the screen would go blank. However, with the proximity set to off I could hit the power button 2x and the screen would open again without hanging up. The Oreo roms have a big problem where they do not allow for BT voice. Horrible distortion in the car. So I installed steadfasterX's Cypher OS rom - https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...s-4-2-t3782212
(based on 7.1 I think) and immediately had a blank screen when trying calls. I could find no way to get the screen back on except by continuously pushing power, volume up and down randomly, many times. I installed xposed and the Sensor Disabler app and I set the 2 proximity sensors and accelerometer to off. After reboot it seems to be working. The app version is 2.1.3, downloaded via the xposed app.
My question is should I install the apk you added a few posts up, or is it the current version in xposed? I installed Cypher and reinstalled all apps a few days ago.
Thanks a lot for your efforts with this rom. For me steadfasterX's great work and your xposed module have save my H812 G4 from the scrap heap.

14th February 2019, 09:46 AM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Thumbs up Works top with 8.1
Works nice for me with Lineage 15.1 (Android 8.1, Patch Level 2019-02-05).
Have disabled Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Linear Acceleration, Orientation, Step counter & - Detector, because these ones were defect and
causes reboots. After disabling these sensors with this Xposed Module, the reboots are away.
"GPS Status & Toolbox" shows these sensors now as not available (not as defect like before, see attachments) and "Sensoren Multitool" hide these sensors now in popup menu.

My last problem: the camera makes the pictures always in a wrong orientation. Because I hold the smartphone for pictures always horizontal/landscape (looks better on TV without big black stripes), I would mock the values for orientation
for camera app, but mocking this sensor is not possible. I have also the app "Rotation control" to change the orientation via notification dropdown, but this wont help here.
Somebody an idea?

Thanks @WardellBagby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-Before1.png
Views:	420
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	4705198   Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-Before2.png
Views:	414
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	4705199   Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-After1.png
Views:	408
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	4705200   Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-After2.png
Views:	354
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	4705201  
17th April 2019, 03:46 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Has anybody tried this on Pie with EdXposed? Does it work?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MDV106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MDV106 Ad-Free
8th October 2019, 05:42 PM |#254  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Which sensor should i remove or motion to keep doze wihtout interupt by any motion i mean
10th March 2020, 09:36 AM |#255  
Flag Payakumbuh
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee19

Hopefully you don't have to live with it. I'm no developer (yet), but I do understand some java. I have also seen why it is the nougat versions do not work as expected... Due to new security measures on nougat, the mod changed the way it accessed it's settings stored in its shared preferences file, using a content provider "Remote preferences". It seems he was unable to fully implement it, and maybe I will try my hands on it someday. In the time being, I modified the apk version 2.0.1 which is the last one that works, so that it works for nougat. It works fine over here (android 7.0), settings stick on rebooting (mocking values alone... Remove doesn't work reliably yet). Please give me feedback. Might even work for Oreo

Been looking for this, a mod that automatically saved and apply the setting anf doesn't require me to set it up manually everytime I restart my device. Thanks so much
1st May 2020, 07:22 PM |#256  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
On my S6 I changed the light sensor value to 50.000 for getting the supermax brightness mode, but it doesnt work. Every app show the 50.000 value.
What do i wrong?
27th July 2020, 03:37 AM |#257  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 639

More
Working fine on my POCO F1 running lineageos16 android 9 with EdXposed. Tested on Step Counter/Detector, Proximity, Gravity, Geomagnetic, and Magnetic sensors.

Thanks to the Dev for this module.
5th September 2020, 08:28 PM |#258  
Not working to disable proximity on RR/LOS 16, LG V20.
17th November 2020, 09:01 PM |#259  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzelad

On 2.1.2 there are no errors in the Xposed log, but 'Remove Sensor' still doesn't work, mocking works, and freezing after a few minutes occurs anyway (I think it only occurs in sleep).
I will probably go back to 2.0.1 for now and disable updates.

How to disable update ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)