[MOD] Sensor Disabler

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By WardellBagby, Member on 29th June 2014, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th January 2019, 08:14 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Actually I'm not the developer of the module. I was struggling to get it to work on my phone running nougat (it worked fine on marshmallow). I merely decided to share the results here as others seemed to need it as well, with the developer no longer responding.

So then, whatever works for you!

[QUOTE=jjcdennis;78629226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikee19

Doesn't work over there?[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry for the late response Mikee19.
I was running steadfasterX's Oreo rom for H812 and your module for xposed. I'm not sure if sensor disabler worked or not. I tired multiple settings but no matter what the screen would go blank. However, with the proximity set to off I could hit the power button 2x and the screen would open again without hanging up. The Oreo roms have a big problem where they do not allow for BT voice. Horrible distortion in the car. So I installed steadfasterX's Cypher OS rom - https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...s-4-2-t3782212
(based on 7.1 I think) and immediately had a blank screen when trying calls. I could find no way to get the screen back on except by continuously pushing power, volume up and down randomly, many times. I installed xposed and the Sensor Disabler app and I set the 2 proximity sensors and accelerometer to off. After reboot it seems to be working. The app version is 2.1.3, downloaded via the xposed app.
My question is should I install the apk you added a few posts up, or is it the current version in xposed? I installed Cypher and reinstalled all apps a few days ago.
Thanks a lot for your efforts with this rom. For me steadfasterX's great work and your xposed module have save my H812 G4 from the scrap heap.

14th February 2019, 08:46 AM |#252  
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Thumbs up Works top with 8.1
Works nice for me with Lineage 15.1 (Android 8.1, Patch Level 2019-02-05).
Have disabled Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Linear Acceleration, Orientation, Step counter & - Detector, because these ones were defect and
causes reboots. After disabling these sensors with this Xposed Module, the reboots are away.
"GPS Status & Toolbox" shows these sensors now as not available (not as defect like before, see attachments) and "Sensoren Multitool" hide these sensors now in popup menu.

My last problem: the camera makes the pictures always in a wrong orientation. Because I hold the smartphone for pictures always horizontal/landscape (looks better on TV without big black stripes), I would mock the values for orientation
for camera app, but mocking this sensor is not possible. I have also the app "Rotation control" to change the orientation via notification dropdown, but this wont help here.
Somebody an idea?

Thanks @WardellBagby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-Before1.png
Views:	208
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	4705198   Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-Before2.png
Views:	206
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	4705199   Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-After1.png
Views:	202
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	4705200   Click image for larger version

Name:	GPS_Status-After2.png
Views:	180
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	4705201  
17th April 2019, 02:46 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Has anybody tried this on Pie with EdXposed? Does it work?
The Following User Says Thank You to MDV106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MDV106 Ad-Free
8th October 2019, 04:42 PM |#254  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Which sensor should i remove or motion to keep doze wihtout interupt by any motion i mean
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)