By WardellBagby, Member on 29th June 2014, 08:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th July 2014, 10:22 PM |#21  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 323

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino92

Working on HTC Sensation XE running Vipers ROM 5.1.2 (Android 4.1.2)

Thank you very much!!! I finally solved a problem due to the proximity sensor (probably broken) whose wakelock plagued my battery after a call or automatic brightness; thank you!
Noob question: can RILJ wakelock also be related to the proximity sensor?

RILJ is used by location based apps. Mostly google apps. Try disabling location based services when not in use. Check for the links in my signature. They might help you fix it
The Following User Says Thank You to phanitej For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phanitej Ad-Free
5th July 2014, 10:32 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardellChandler

To be honest, I don't know. I've never come across the RILJ wakelock issue (literally had to Google it to figure out what you meant) but it could be a possibility?

Although, according to this article here, it has something to do with accessing your location.

My two cents is, go ahead and give my app a try and if it works, great! But I don't know anything about the RILJ wakelock issue to provide any concrete data on whether this will fix it or not. Doesn't hurt to try!

Sorry, I didn't express myself correctly, it's not an issue which was raised by this app; at the contrary is an issue solved by your app I think. I'm not an expert and I asked you this because since I installed this mod the RILJ wakelock (that drained my battery quite a lot) dropped from an average of 2 hours per day to 5 minutes!! For this reason I asked you if there's a correlation between proximity sensor and RILJ... Nevermind, thank you :thumbup:
25th July 2014, 06:34 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Doesnt seem to be functioning on my verizon htc one max. Running rooted nusensesix rom. Xposed 2.6.1/andriod 4.4.2
5th August 2014, 03:38 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 572

Donate to Me
More
@WardellChandler could you add an option to disable/enable the sensor without the need to disable/enable the module and reboot the device? Like a checkbox within the module.
10th August 2014, 03:58 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Thank!
This was the only the wakelock I couldn't find a way around until now.
Much appreciated!
26th August 2014, 10:56 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
touchscreen
I´d buy you a sixpack if you could do a version of this that will cause the phone to not accept touch inputs instead of completely turning the screen off, when the proximity sensor is covered. because stupig lg e460 cuts off all data transfer which makes voip virtually impossible.
3rd September 2014, 03:33 PM |#27  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 258

Donate to Me
More
Have a question. Though I haven't tried this yet. I plan to use it on my S3 mini with Cyanogenmod 11 by novafusion , I'd there a chance it will work?
8th September 2014, 08:11 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Hello,

I have installed in my Motorola Atrix, running Android 2.3.7 CM, but doesn't work.

If you need more information let me know.

Best regards,

Ferenc.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Free mobile app
9th September 2014, 02:42 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
I'm trying to disable proximity so that i will be able to unlock the G3 while the proximity sensor covered with Knock on but it doesnt seem to work.

Does it only work when screen is unlocked? Thanks
26th September 2014, 06:27 PM |#30  

More
dosent work :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardellChandler

I saw a fairly important need for this app, so I decided to make it. Shout to Rovo89 for the Xposed Framework, and the various people who inspired this.

This module is extremely simple. It disables your proximity sensor in software. While activated, your proximity sensor should never register anything as near it.

This has been tested on:
Nexus 5 running 4.4.2.
LG G2 running 4.2.2.

It should (theoretically) work on all Android phones. If it doesn't work on yours, let me know, making sure to include your phone type and your Android version number.

Post any questions/requests/etc in this thread, and I'll attempt to get to them in a timely manner.

- Wardell Chandler.

Since I can't add outside links yet, you'll have to search the Xposed Repo for it, it's under "Disable Proximity."

I use canvas magnus a117 android 4.2.1
Pls help
7th October 2014, 06:14 PM |#31  

More
Help with Nexus 5
My proximity sensor is broken as it is always set to 'Near'. Downloaded your app to solve this however it doesn't come up as an app that I can open - it is not on my app screen. How do I find the app on the phone & activate it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)