More
Tried it with SGS4 I9500 Android 4.3
Doesn't work.

It's not compatible with 4.3 mate?
25th December 2013, 02:06 PM |#12  
Flag 23.7000° N, 90.3750° E
Thanks Meter: 445

More
@zst123 gonna try it on my galaxy y duos stock GB 2.3.6.will post results later.

EDIT: it worked! thank you so much!
27th December 2013, 07:19 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergini

this might give an extra 5minutes juice, that's it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by exodius48

Thanks for your explanation. So, Whats the side effect from this app to the battery life? not damage to the phone's battery, isn't?

Lithium-Ion batteries are NOT meant to be drained. You WILL decrease the life of your battery (since it weakens the anode bars physically). Draining works for Ni-Mh batteries. Android calibrates your battery between 80 and 90% so if you have Lithium ion batteries, calibration is a placebo. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdapowerapps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdapowerapps Ad-Free
27th December 2013, 08:18 PM |#14  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdapowerapps

Lithium-Ion batteries are NOT meant to be drained. You WILL decrease the life of your battery (since it weakens the anode bars physically). Draining works for Ni-Mh batteries. Android calibrates your battery between 80 and 90% so if you have Lithium ion batteries, calibration is a placebo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually, if the battery metering chip (also known as the 'fuel gauge') is giving inaccurate results, calibration will make a world of difference. Here's an example - on my (generic Chinese) tablet, the meter often goes down quite slowly during usage, while voltage goes down normally (according to BMW). When the meter hits ~35%, the battery starts going down abruptly (~1%/second), until it gets to 0 and the tablet shuts down.

This doesn't mean at all that I have a flawed battery, since I am getting the same usage time as when I bought it (battery was flawed from the start? ) - the battery meter chip is simply inaccurate.

Thank you, OP, for this mod, it's gonna come in handy.
27th December 2013, 09:41 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between this & removing the batterystats.bin system file?
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeSyko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoeSyko Ad-Free
27th December 2013, 10:01 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 11,968

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSyko

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the difference between this & removing the batterystats.bin system file?

Very clever question Want to know that too
The Following User Says Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mauam Ad-Free
27th December 2013, 11:33 PM |#17  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3,372

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSyko

Removing battery stats is different. On a battery with a terrible calibration, it will not prevent Android from shutting down when it (wrongly) detects a low battery. This module disables the shutdown when you reach 1% and below. Long term usage of draining to 0% WILL lower your battery life. So use only for calibration

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th December 2013, 11:35 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zst123

Removing battery stats is different. On a battery with a terrible calibration, it will not prevent Android from shutting down when it (wrongly) detects a low battery. This module disables the shutdown when you reach 1% and below. Long term usage of draining to 0% WILL lower your battery life. So use only for calibration

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks. I recently purchased an extended battery with twice the mAh as the stock battery but I am still getting roughly the same amount of time out of a full charge. I am hoping this will fix that.
28th December 2013, 12:39 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
YES!!!
Looking for 1 of this for sometime...
Good job...
28th December 2013, 04:28 AM |#20  
Flag Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks Meter: 153

More
My phone seems to have wonky battery life, it will jump from 14 to 12 to 10 to 3 percent then shut down.

This should help immensely for calibration if it does work.

Will report back. Happy holidays ☺

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 28th December 2013 at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was 27th December 2013 at 11:47 PM ----------

Didn't seem to work for my Beanstalk 4.4.2 HTC One. I am 100% willing to beta test or provide any data if needed

(I installed and activated module, rebooted, let battery drain to 0 from 16, phone proceeded to shut off right away)

28th December 2013, 08:08 AM |#21  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3,372

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimmir

Didn't seem to work for my Beanstalk 4.4.2 HTC One. I am 100% willing to beta test or provide any data if needed

(I installed and activated module, rebooted, let battery drain to 0 from 16, phone proceeded to shut off right away)

I wouldn't recommand you do "beta tests" or any others on your HTC One. Mainly, it has a non-replacable battery.
If you could, upload your debug.log here so I can see what's wrong.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)