FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED]Don't Swipe - Protect Your Photos/Videos

1,512 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,030

By iHelp101, Senior Member on 7th September 2015, 11:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Download:
The module is available in the Xposed Repo.

Compatible Apps
Gallery3D (Cyanogenmod 11+)
Google Photos
QuickPik (4.5.2)

Description:
Ever hate when you show a friend a single photo/video and they start swiping away through your photos and videos? This module aims to help solve this issue by allowing you to lock an image. If the user attempts to swipe to another image/video they can be greeted by the application crashing, returning to the home screen, or a custom message.

Example Usage:
Example Video

Instructions:
- Enable Module
- Open Don't Swipe Module (App Drawer or Xposed -> Modules -> Don't Swipe)
- Update Hooks (Gallery3D and QuickPic excluded)
- Choose Desired Swipe Action (Optional)
- Open Desired Gallery App
- Find Desired Image/Video
- Click Three Dot Icon and Click Lock
Please make to do the step detailed above before posting for help.

To Do List (Request/Bugs):
None At The Moment

Screenshots:

Source Code:
GitHub - Link

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iHelp101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iHelp101 Ad-Free

7th September 2015, 11:09 PM |#2  
Flag NYC metro - New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Looks nice. I'll download it and try it.
8th September 2015, 12:07 AM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Very buggy, needs work.
8th September 2015, 12:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawkiller73

Very buggy, needs work.

Can you explain the issues you are facing? Thank you.
8th September 2015, 03:17 AM |#5  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 14

More
just what I've been looking for for ages, but causes bootloop on my nexus 5 running 5.1.1 Dirty Unicorns
8th September 2015, 03:48 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRuckingFetard

just what I've been looking for for ages, but causes bootloop on my nexus 5 running 5.1.1 Dirty Unicorns

That is rather strange. I have a Nexus 5, so I will look into this issue immediately. I apologize for this issue you have encountered.
8th September 2015, 04:05 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I just tested Dirty Unicorn's Weekly 9.6 on my Nexus 5. I didn't experience any bootloop. Is you signature still current about you using version 9.5 or are you currently using another version? I want to see if I can replicate this issue.

Edit:
Tested Weekly 9.6, Official 9.6, and Official 9.5 with no issues. All done with full wipes, re-installation of Xposed, and installation of module.
8th September 2015, 04:59 AM |#8  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHelp101

I just tested Dirty Unicorn's Weekly 9.6 on my Nexus 5. I didn't experience any bootloop. Is you signature still current about you using version 9.5 or are you currently using another version? I want to see if I can replicate this issue.

Edit:
Tested Weekly 9.6, Official 9.6, and Official 9.5 with no issues. All done with full wipes, re-installation of Xposed, and installation of module.

signature is outdated, I'm running weekly 9.6 (Aug 18th build i think). Had to boot into twrp and delete the app manually to get the phone to boot again
8th September 2015, 05:18 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4,110

More
Thumbs up
Excellent. Works with quick pic but can you make it work with stock samsung gallery app? Quickpic was sold to cm and dont want to use it now 😠.
8th September 2015, 05:36 AM |#10  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:

signature is outdated, I'm running weekly 9.6 (Aug 18th build i think). Had to boot into twrp and delete the app manually to get the phone to boot again

I can confirm this, phone was stuck at boot animation for nearly 20 mins then went to recovery and deleted apk and it booted fine, running AICP on Note 4, latest build.
8th September 2015, 08:05 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I'm guessing this module doesn't work on Touchwiz ROMs either. I am using a TW 5.0.0 ROM and it bootloops when I enable this module too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
photos, privacy, videos, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)