FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][4.1+] Exchange Security Bypass in AOSPish ROMs

71 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By prng, Member on 13th September 2013, 03:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Features
Bypasses Exchange Security requirements such as the PIN lock requirement in AOSPish ROMs.

Verified working in
  • Nexus 5/4.4 stock
  • Working on latest CM11 nightlies

Requirements
Install Instructions
  • Ensure you have deleted your corporate accounts before continuing. This will not fix an already installed device admin.
  • Download and Install "Xposed Installer"
  • Open the Xposed Installer, tap Framework, tap Install/Update - a lot of people are missing this step.
  • Reboot device
  • Install ExchangeBypass-x.x.apk
  • Enable module in Xposed
  • Reboot again
  • Add account in mail
  • May say security is required but should not come up and ask to create device administrator.
  • Success!

Change Log
  • 2013-12-10 - 1.5.5.5 - Works with older versions now too. - 9a70f1c2b8220d24169215f07fb3512e
  • 2013-12-03 - 1.4 - Updated for KitKat - 4d3d1b43d5a1504815c73ce74309ed8d
  • 2013-09-13 - 1.1 - Set API to 16 instead of previous 18 - 2f9881197c461682fa6e1569f3e3f320
  • 2013-09-13 - 1.0 - Initial Version

Notes
I have no clue if this will work in your ROM, I wrote it just for me since at the time there was no Xposed mod for Exchange security bypass. If it doesn't work, let me know and I can see if I can update the module for your situation. It might be a simple update. If it works, let me know so I can update the OP with what it is confirmed working with.

May not work with anything below KitKat because of application naming. I don't have access to anything less than 4.4 anymore.

[COLOR="Red"]Other ROM requests - It's hard for me to get to these. If you have something you really want, I need to get access to the ROM image so I can pull out the email application and any libraries associated with it. Send me a message here or email me.
Attached Files
File Type: apk ExchangeBypass-1.5.5.5.apk - [Click for QR Code] (248.8 KB, 2730 views)
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to prng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prng Ad-Free

13th September 2013, 06:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 63

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prng

Features
Bypasses Exchange Security requirements such as the PIN lock requirement in AOSPish ROMs.

Verified working in

• CM 10.2

Requirements
Install Instructions
  • Ensure you have deleted your corporate accounts before continuing for best results.
  • Install Xposed and reboot once
  • Install ExchangeBypass-1.0.apk
  • Enable module in Xposed
  • Reboot
  • Add account in mail
  • May say security is required but should not come up and ask to create device administrator.
  • Success!

Change Log
  • 2013-09-13 - 1.0 - Initial Version

Notes
I have no clue if this will work in your ROM, I wrote it just for me since at the time there was no Xposed mod for Exchange security bypass. If it doesn't work, let me know and I can see if I can update the module for your situation. It might be a simple update. If it works, let me know so I can update the OP with what it is confirmed working with.

After I extract the zip and try to run the APK, I get an error that it is an invalid apk file. Bad upload?

Device: Rooted GS3 i747, dandroid rom, rooted, xposed installed and working.
13th September 2013, 08:11 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi1ver

After I extract the zip and try to run the APK, I get an error that it is an invalid apk file. Bad upload?

Device: Rooted GS3 i747, dandroid rom, rooted, xposed installed and working.

Try the new file. Here's the MD5: 80a0bb935319ebed1ab65fbf3a074e67

Which version of Android is it, 4.3, 4.2?
13th September 2013, 09:44 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try the new file. Here's the MD5: 80a0bb935319ebed1ab65fbf3a074e67

Which version of Android is it, 4.3, 4.2?

Android 4.1.2

The error that pops up is "There was an error parsing this package" when I select the APK and try to install it.

I have tried unzipping the file using OSX's native archive utility and root explorer on my phone. Both times the APK give the same error.

Zip file MD5: 80a0bb935319ebed1ab65fbf3a074e67
13th September 2013, 09:46 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
The APK has the SDK set too high for 4.1, doh! I'll recompile and upload a new version.
13th September 2013, 10:40 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiksi1ver

Android 4.1.2

The error that pops up is "There was an error parsing this package" when I select the APK and try to install it.

I have tried unzipping the file using OSX's native archive utility and root explorer on my phone. Both times the APK give the same error.

Zip file MD5: 80a0bb935319ebed1ab65fbf3a074e67

Please try with the new version. It should work now.
14th September 2013, 05:08 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Please try with the new version. It should work now.

Worked like a dream. Thanks again!
15th September 2013, 11:35 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
I'm on the Nexus 4 (bonestock 4.3...rooted ofc) but I get prompted for setting a lock screen password.

Is there any other info that I could provide to help you out?

sent from my mini tractor.
15th September 2013, 08:19 PM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoveu

I'm on the Nexus 4 (bonestock 4.3...rooted ofc) but I get prompted for setting a lock screen password.

Is there any other info that I could provide to help you out?

I would try removing the account and recreating. Based on how this works it disables the checks when the account is used and added to prevent the device administrator profile. If you disable the device administrator if might delete the account so you could try that first.

Try that and let me know. If that doesn't work see if you can get the application name like com.android.email.
15th September 2013, 09:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Removing device admin usually removes the exchange account... I'll try your method (and a variation of it) tomorrow, but meanwhile, perhaps the file name is different in my phone - maybe that's why?

See screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379277501550.jpg
Views:	1798
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2260071  
15th September 2013, 10:48 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoveu

Removing device admin usually removes the exchange account... I'll try your method (and a variation of it) tomorrow, but meanwhile, perhaps the file name is different in my phone - maybe that's why?

See screenshot.

Yep usually it does that's why I suggested deleting and recreating it.

It have a different identifier. Check under apps and look for the app identifier. It might say com.android.email. I key off of that so that could cause it not to work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, exchange, mod, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)