Announcement from Roughy: Exi for Swiftkey[2.3.6] - Compatibility
8th September 2019, 08:27 PM |#1041  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadToThePhone

Is it possible to add spacing between each row? I would like to add space between the L key and the backspace key. I would like to make the rows wider.

Also is there a way to customize the secondary punctuations in the period key like you did with the space bar? Thanks
@Roughy

Messing with key spacing should technically be possible now, though I haven't tried actually messing with it, nor do I really intend to do so.
Would need some pretty fancy configuration tools on Exi's side to make it useful.

Customize the secondary punctuations in the period key... like I did with the space bar? Not sure what you are referring to here.
You should be able to add popup keys to the period key, just like you can with any other key. The only different is that the "delete existing keys" option doesn't work for that one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roughy Ad-Free

8th September 2019, 08:37 PM |#1042  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Spacing the rows would be nice if you do decide to try or get around to it. I don't need specific key spacing.

So what you are saying is I can't delete the question mark or exclamation point from the period key and just have a period or comma?

Is it possible to hide the period key and extend the space bar over the period keys place?
@Roughy
10th September 2019, 02:03 AM |#1043  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadToThePhone

Spacing the rows would be nice if you do decide to try or get around to it. I don't need specific key spacing.

So what you are saying is I can't delete the question mark or exclamation point from the period key and just have a period or comma?

Is it possible to hide the period key and extend the space bar over the period keys place?
@Roughy

Indeed. For some reason removing all the other popups keys doesn't work the same way as it does for the other keys, so you're stuck with whatever is already there.

Extending the space bar to cover the comma key should in fact be possible. Would probably have to mess with the sizing of the comma key too.
But again, theoretically a thing but nothing something I have confirmed, nor do I have any intention of adding it.

That would just be a simple on-off thing though, so I might actually give that a go sooner or later.
Add it to the github issues list maybe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roughy Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 09:36 PM |#1044  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughy

Indeed. For some reason removing all the other popups keys doesn't work the same way as it does for the other keys, so you're stuck with whatever is already there.

Extending the space bar to cover the comma key should in fact be possible. Would probably have to mess with the sizing of the comma key too.
But again, theoretically a thing but nothing something I have confirmed, nor do I have any intention of adding it.

That would just be a simple on-off thing though, so I might actually give that a go sooner or later.
Add it to the github issues list maybe.

If you could cover the comma or period key or both that would be nice. Then you can customize the space bar to anything to use any punctuation or letter. Extending the spacebar over those 2 keys would be helpful.

In the 3rd paragraph what are you taking about to add to github?

Thanks
12th September 2019, 08:19 PM |#1045  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 91

More
New SwiftKey 7.3.8.16 is working with Exi.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeardKing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BeardKing Ad-Free
16th September 2019, 11:20 PM |#1046  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Working fine with SwiftKey 7.3.9.
But I think emojies appear bigger than before (not a problem though).
Yesterday, 07:15 PM |#1047  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Guys, from some time I have a bad thing happening to me with SwiftKey.

It tends to cut the last letter of the word I'm typing.

I don't know if it's the SwiftKey itself or Exi. I have fiddled with some Exi settings but haven't changed anything major.

Do you also experience that issue?
Yesterday, 07:48 PM |#1048  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taracair

Guys, from some time I have a bad thing happening to me with SwiftKey.

It tends to cut the last letter of the word I'm typing.

I don't know if it's the SwiftKey itself or Exi. I have fiddled with some Exi settings but haven't changed anything major.

Do you also experience that issue?

Never experience such problems in my case.
Have you tried disabling exi module to see if it's related to exi?
Or maybe reinstall both SwiftKey and exi.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)