FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][5.0+] Exi for Swiftkey [2.5.1][19.11.2019]

297 posts
Thanks Meter: 934

By Roughy, Senior Member on 2nd August 2017, 05:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Roughy: Exi for Swiftkey[2.5.1] - Android 10 emoji, plain paste, autocorrect/incog toggles
8th November 2019, 03:09 PM |#1121  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchania

Space bar shortcut not working with 7.4.3.32.
Else seems working fine.

I agree. Space bar is dead.
The Following User Says Thank You to XtraWater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XtraWater Ad-Free
9th November 2019, 06:27 AM |#1122  
Flag HCM
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Yeah, hope the developer fixes it soon.
9th November 2019, 01:42 PM |#1123  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
You know what I think I'm going to stop updating SwiftKey.
They just add new languages that I'll never use and it breaks exi and my heart. So maybe I'll just keep using one of the last working versions (I reverted to it already), until a major update is out with new features, not languages.
Tired of those moments when I'm like "oh please don't tell me it's not working after this update" 😅ī¸
10th November 2019, 05:29 AM |#1124  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Life is getting in the way. A compatibility update for the current Beta version might take me a day or two.

マ(❀☍īšâ°)īž‰īžžâ€
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Roughy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roughy Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 05:30 AM |#1125  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
2.4.1 [11.11.2019 ] - Compatibility ( Stable: 7.4.2.69 Beta: 7.4.3.32 )

Changes in 2.4.1
  • Fixed
    - Compatibility targeting 7.4.3.32 ( Spacebar / Anything overlay related )

The Xposed Installer app does not appear to be refreshing properly and may not list the latest version.
Please download it directly from the Xposed Repository below using a browser.

Download:
Exi for Swiftkey on Xposed module repository
My own mirror of all versions

Notes:

Compatibility
The Swiftkey team has been doing some refactoring, and what used to be one class is now several.
Quick fix, and we're still compatible with the current stable.
Having yet more classes we have to search for is not great for future compatibility though.

Stuff
I did want to at least get Android 10 emoji in at the same time, but I'd rather just get the fix out there.
Emoji will remain on the when-I-can-the-time list.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Roughy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roughy Ad-Free
11th November 2019, 08:25 AM |#1126  

More
Thank you as always!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tchania For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tchania Ad-Free
13th November 2019, 07:50 PM |#1127  

More
All seems to be working for 7.4.3.37.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tchania For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tchania Ad-Free
14th November 2019, 01:04 PM |#1128  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It doesn't work for me, I've miui 11, exposed, the latest exi version and SwiftKey normal version compatible and nothing at all! 😓
14th November 2019, 06:41 PM |#1129  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hello,

Thanks for your great module!

Only one thing is missing I think: a possibility to add a keyboard shortcut (with spacebar+a letter) to paste as plain text.

Would it be possible to add it?

Thanks whatever happens,
15th November 2019, 02:24 AM |#1130  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattza

It doesn't work for me, I've miui 11, exposed, the latest exi version and SwiftKey normal version compatible and nothing at all!

Have a look at the past couple of pages of this thread. A lot of people have trouble with EdXposed, but eventually get it sorted by clearing caches and stuff. Your problem is almost certainly an issue with EdXposed, and not this module itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoannjap

Hello,

Thanks for your great module!

Only one thing is missing I think: a possibility to add a keyboard shortcut (with spacebar+a letter) to paste as plain text.

Would it be possible to add it?

Thanks whatever happens,

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.

If you are talking about inserting text, the quick-menu ( swipe from spacebar ) has an "insert" option, which will insert the text you have configured.

If you just want to trigger a paste action, you can do so by holding the modifier key ( configurable, defaults to the symbols key ) and hitting the corresponding key. These actions are configured under the "hotkeys" tab in the Exi config app.

By default it uses the symbols ( 123 ) button in the corner, but you can add additional "modifier" buttons in the settings, such as the space bar.
If you add the spacebar to the modifier keys list, you can do spacebar+V to paste text.

In the following video I start off on the hotkeys tab where hotkeys are configured. I navigate to the settings and add spacebar as a modifier key, then return to the keyboard and use spacebar+A for select-all, spacebar+C for copy, and spacebar+V for paste.

https://streamable.com/b8tx1

At the end I also use the default Symbols + A to select-all, as this modifier will continue to work alongside the space bar.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roughy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roughy Ad-Free
15th November 2019, 02:21 PM |#1131  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughy

Have a look at the past couple of pages of this thread. A lot of people have trouble with EdXposed, but eventually get it sorted by clearing caches and stuff. Your problem is almost certainly an issue with EdXposed, and not this module itself.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking.

If you are talking about inserting text, the quick-menu ( swipe from spacebar ) has an "insert" option, which will insert the text you have configured.

If you just want to trigger a paste action, you can do so by holding the modifier key ( configurable, defaults to the symbols key ) and hitting the corresponding key. These actions are configured under the "hotkeys" tab in the Exi config app.

By default it uses the symbols ( 123 ) button in the corner, but you can add additional "modifier" buttons in the settings, such as the space bar.
If you add the spacebar to the modifier keys list, you can do spacebar+V to paste text.

In the following video I start off on the hotkeys tab where hotkeys are configured. I navigate to the settings and add spacebar as a modifier key, then return to the keyboard and use spacebar+A for select-all, spacebar+C for copy, and spacebar+V for paste.

https://streamable.com/b8tx1

At the end I also use the default Symbols + A to select-all, as this modifier will continue to work alongside the space bar.

Yes, I also use spacebar+A for select all, spacebar+C for copy, then spacebar+V for paste. But I'd like to configure the shortcut spacebat+B for paste as plain text.
You can do it on android by selecting text, and in the dialog, copying it, then touching 'paste as plain text'. But it's too long when you use it everyday. I'd like a ExiSwiftKey shortcut to use it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)