Thanks Meter: 98

More
Great app, congrats!

Sent from my Moto X Play using XDA Labs

3rd August 2017, 08:11 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Some quick notes on the UI.

First off, nice! There are a few tweaks I would make (not necessary, just to make it look prettier):

- Confusing to see "Settings" twice when you open it. I understand the first one is referred to Swipe settings, right? Maybe just change it to "Customize" or something else.
- It seems like you could remove some of the extra white-space under Swipe > settings (where threshold and speed is), making that section a bit more compact. Also those two icons aren't very indicative of threshold and speed...

A few feature requests:
- On the Swipe screen, add a button like you have on the other screens (buttom right) where you can test the settings.
- Add option to hide launcher icon
- The first two requests here: https://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comm...ey_to/dgthb3u/ (You already have the third)
- Add option to donate!

PS
I would also like to see swipe left to delete word!
3rd August 2017, 08:38 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
stable original xposed... please come to nougat quick!!!

so many useful modules i've missed

my android feels like an ios now on nougat.
3rd August 2017, 08:56 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I always press the period instead of space bar. Is there a way to make the space bar bigger? Wider
3rd August 2017, 10:36 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I hope you don't mind more feedback. This is adding on to my previous post!

- "Settings" under Swipe might be better named as "Sensitivity".

- Threshold icon: Might be better represented with an image of the space bar with the dynamic threshold |--| showing the distance covered. I actually only understood what "Threshold" meant after reading your explanation: "Trigger" might be better.

In fact, maybe in the future you want to consider putting the explanations of each function as popups when you long press the titles or something (?).

- "Dictionary" in my mind has a distinct meaning: Custom words (like names, etc) that I want included in my autocorrect. Maybe this should be called "Shortcuts". Or am I missing something?

- "Modifier": I instinctively clicked on the "modifier" button thinking I was supposed to set it up there. A popup shows up and I think I can click on the "modifier" button there too because it looks greyed out. I would instead of a greyed out modifier box, actually include the icon of the modifier (an icon of the symbols key). This would change if the user customizes the modifier key in settings.

Also why only "Go to End" and not "Go to beginning"?

- Dunno if this is a bug or not: Even though I have "more suggestions" enabled, I initially only see the first three, even when the words are short. It seems with all the extra space I should be able to see at least a fourth suggestion.

- In settings, "Shift Keys/Delete Keys/Modifier Keys" should be renamed to "Add Shift Keys/Add Delete Keys/Add Modifier Keys".

- Create a way to access Exi and its settings from the keyboard.

- Create the option to export settings or better yet to backup them up to our Google account. Anyone using Swiftkey will have one.

Have I said how beautiful and awesome the app is?
The Following User Says Thank You to oroboros74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oroboros74 Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 10:51 AM |#16  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 112

More
I was waiting for any application like this and I must say thank you!
As it's said above "more suggestion" doesn't work. I see only three words. Everything else seems to be working fine. That's the first I would fix. If I see more, I'll write you again.
Keep up the good work!
3rd August 2017, 08:49 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for all your kinds words.

I'm seeing the same bits and pieces mentioned by multiple people, so I'll try to summarize my thoughts on everything here.
Some people about asked about making donations. There is a bitcoin donation address in the top release post, as well as a paypal "donate to me" button under my name. A brownie would be highly appreciated.

For starters I want to get any bugs and important UI changes sorted out.

Bugs:
- More suggestions is not working -> The two bug reports on this have me somewhat confused. @oroboros74 @kouzelnik3 do you mean that you initially only see the standard 3 suggestions, but scrolling to display more (What more suggestions enables) works correctly?
- Popups are always in upper caps -> Depends on existing popups. Will fix.

UI improvements:
- Should add a button to bring up the keyboard to test swipe settings
- The "Settings" under swipe should be renamed "Sensitivity"
- White space under these settings should be reduced
- Add option to hide launcher icon
- Rename "Dictionary" to "Shortcuts"
- Swipe Threshold and Speed indicators are confusing. -> Rename Threshold to "Trigger Distance" maybe. I am personally fond of the current speed indicator, as it's the only non-arbitrary display I can think of. Anything else wouldn't give the user any meaningful idea of how fast it is going to move. Not sure what to do about that one.
- Include "Add to" before the Shift Keys / Delete Keys / Modifier Keys menu items in settings.

Feature improvements:
- Add emoji to emoji predictions -> Same behavior can be accomplished using a shortcut with Secondary Suggestion enabled.

Feature requests will remain on the back-burner for now, until everything else is sorted out.

Feature requests:
- Gesture (Swipe from number?) to switch to different layouts -> Maybe later
- Implementing Swiftkey's existing gestures (swipe left to delete etc)
- "Go to beginning" action in addition to "Go to end" -> The reason this doesn't exist is because it's not a pre-defined keyboard action (go to end is). It can certainly be done though.
- Method to access the Exi config app from Swiftkey
- In-app explanations of all the configuration options -> Would be a bit of work. Later.
- Toggle to disable full-screen keyboard -> Looking at the original could it should be doable. Will investigate. @godlesplay
- Ability to backup settings. -> For now you'll need to manually backup the app using android's existing backup features (or just copy the whole folder). Complete and partial backup/restore is a task for another day.

Other comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros74

- "Modifier": I instinctively clicked on the "modifier" button thinking I was supposed to set it up there. A popup shows up and I think I can click on the "modifier" button there too because it looks greyed out. I would instead of a greyed out modifier box, actually include the icon of the modifier (an icon of the symbols key). This would change if the user customizes the modifier key in settings.

This originally displayed 123 (The default key configured), but was changed to MODIFIER after I implemented arbitrary key mappings. The Modifier key is always greyed to communicate that it cannot be pressed.
Having it display the actual key currently configured might be difficult, as you can add multiple keys, or even have none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGARX

I always press the period instead of space bar. Is there a way to make the space bar bigger? Wider

Possibly. I currently hook the method that decides where the actual keys are positioned, but only read them. I'm not sure if modifying them from here is viable, but it might be doable. That'll be a feature for down the road though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roughy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Roughy Ad-Free
3rd August 2017, 10:59 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Really nice module. Thanks! Only "bug" I currently see is that the default modifier of the symbols key doesn't seen to work with the hot keys (although the space bar does)

In the feature request category, it would be nice to fix SwiftKey's annoying habit of inserting a space before each colon and semi-colon and dash.
3rd August 2017, 11:05 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc

Really nice module. Thanks! Only "bug" I currently see is that the default modifier of the symbols key doesn't seen to work with the hot keys (although the space bar does)

In the feature request category, it would be nice to fix SwiftKey's annoying habit of inserting a space before each colon and semi-colon and dash.

May I ask what language layout are you using? Might be that the symbols key is given a different tag in some other languages, though I haven't run into any problems with that yet.
3rd August 2017, 11:40 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
My bad. I was using it wrong. I was swiping from the symbols key. I didn't realize that it was a two finger gesture!
4th August 2017, 12:07 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Voila!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)