Thanks Meter: 1,617

By zzpianoman, Senior Member on 20th August 2016, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th September 2016, 09:09 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismenon

In the moment a user chooses a spot in the map, "Fake my GPS" would read the instant GPS and wifi location values and calculate the latitude, longitude and altitude difference from the fake spot to the real one. After that the fake position would always be a difference between the real position to the values calculated!

For lat/long, I could see a variance option for a variance radius that takes a value in meters and then chooses a random spot each time the coordinates are updated, within the radius of the chosen point.

Oh, and I too can confirm that reboot loops are fixed. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to singsang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift singsang Ad-Free

5th September 2016, 03:45 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismenon

I think the best way to implement this is making a diff option!

In the moment a user chooses a spot in the map, "Fake my GPS" would read the instant GPS and wifi location values and calculate the latitude, longitude and altitude difference from the fake spot to the real one. After that the fake position would always be a difference between the real position to the values calculated!

I don't know how hard would it be to be implemented, but I can't think any other better way to really fake position (no apps would know the position is fake) because the GPS imprecision and variations would be real.

PS. No reboots on my Nexus 4, 5.1.1

Thanks for all the feedback!

Actually, I had thought about implementing this exact feature. I've had to take a short break to work on my other Xposed modules, but I plan on working on a new release very soon!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zzpianoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zzpianoman Ad-Free
8th September 2016, 02:51 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please add more favorite. I need save 100 place favorites for work.
11th September 2016, 08:05 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
UPDATE:

Fake My GPS v2.0

CHANGELOG:
✓ Added joystick to simulate live movement in fake location
✓ Bug fixes and improvements
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zzpianoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zzpianoman Ad-Free
18th September 2016, 06:00 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
V2.0 doesn't seem to work for me. Using v1.5.2 again

EDIT: Just to clarify, the gps doesn't move in v2.0 as compared to v1.5.2 where it really locks to the correct place
19th September 2016, 08:42 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virseph

V2.0 doesn't seem to work for me. Using v1.5.2 again

EDIT: Just to clarify, the gps doesn't move in v2.0 as compared to v1.5.2 where it really locks to the correct place

If your device doesn't have an actual GPS fix, it may not report the correct faked location as this module works by replacing the high powered GPS location with coordinates that you specify.

I'm currently working on a way around this - possibly having it work without GPS being enabled, but for now the only way to accomplish location spoofing without using the mock provider is to replace an already fixed location.
The Following User Says Thank You to zzpianoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zzpianoman Ad-Free
23rd September 2016, 12:36 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Dear developer,
This tool almost works perfectly except when I use joystick to move around on a google map, it doesn't actually move, I have to switch out of the google map app, and switch back in to reflect the location change.
I am running cyanogenmod cm-12.1-20160918-NIGHTLY-trltetmo.zip on my galaxy note 4 t-mobile.
Could you please let me know if there is any solution to this?
Thanks!

EDIT: by the way, I have tried both enable and disable "allow mock locations", and use both "high accuracy" and "device only" GPS mode, no luck in any case.
23rd September 2016, 09:21 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewy2005

Dear developer,
This tool almost works perfectly except when I use joystick to move around on a google map, it doesn't actually move, I have to switch out of the google map app, and switch back in to reflect the location change.
I am running cyanogenmod cm-12.1-20160918-NIGHTLY-trltetmo.zip on my galaxy note 4 t-mobile.
Could you please let me know if there is any solution to this?
Thanks!

EDIT: by the way, I have tried both enable and disable "allow mock locations", and use both "high accuracy" and "device only" GPS mode, no luck in any case.

Google Maps is tied to the Play Services location API, so you must make sure that Google Play Services is not excluded from location spoofing in order to fake your location in Google Maps.
23rd September 2016, 11:16 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzpianoman

Google Maps is tied to the Play Services location API, so you must make sure that Google Play Services is not excluded from location spoofing in order to fake your location in Google Maps.

Thank you for the response. If you mean don't exclude Google Play Services from the Fake My GPS app, then that is already set that way, I didn't check any apps in the exclusion list of the spoofing app.
Is there anything else that could go wrong?
Thanks.
23rd September 2016, 11:33 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewy2005

Thank you for the response. If you mean don't exclude Google Play Services from the Fake My GPS app, then that is already set that way, I didn't check any apps in the exclusion list of the spoofing app.
Is there anything else that could go wrong?
Thanks.

The only other thing I can think of relates to one of my previous posts about needing a real GPS fix before spoofing can work. The spoofing actually replaces the real location it receives from the GPS radio so if there is no GPS fix, there is no updated location, and no faked location.

Make sure your device has an actual GPS fix before using spoofing features.
23rd September 2016, 11:43 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzpianoman

The only other thing I can think of relates to one of my previous posts about needing a real GPS fix before spoofing can work. The spoofing actually replaces the real location it receives from the GPS radio so if there is no GPS fix, there is no updated location, and no faked location.

Make sure your device has an actual GPS fix before using spoofing features.

I think that might be the reason. Could you please explain or point me to some wiki page about what exactly is an "Actual GPS fix"? I am sorry that I have never heard of this term before.
Regards.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)