FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][4.4+] Force Translucent KitKat [V3][4.23]

352 posts
Thanks Meter: 287

Post Reply Email Thread
This module will force the apps selected to use the new Kit Kat Translucent Navbar and Status bar. When loaded, this app loads a list view of all your installed apps and you can freely select which to turn on.

Options per app include:
- Translucent Navigation Bar
- Translucent Status Bar
- Top Padding
- Bottom Padding

The padding options were added because some apps (especially those with Action Bars) will end up having useful information and buttons hidden under the now translucent system bars. The padding option forces the app to be in a smaller window so you can still enjoy both the translucent system bars & the whole view for the app.

Overall options include:
- Import/Export Settings : the settings per app can be exported and imported into a CSV file. Useful for testing things out while having a fail safe, switching devices, or sharing your values. CSV files open wonderfully in Excel and Google Docs
- Multi Edit : After selecting multi edit, you are brought to a screen with the 4 per app options, set them as you desire, then you are brought back to the main app list, select which apps you want your new config you just did applied to. It will overwrite all settings for the apps selected, unselected apps aren't changed.

The following apps work wonderful with translucent nav and status bar and padding of 0 for both top and bottom:
- Aviate
- Google Search (aka Google Now)
- Imgur
- XDA (The top nav buttons are big enough to still touch)
- Cal
- Threes

The following apps required me to do the top padding of 145 to achieve full functionality:
- Floating Widget (shameless plug)
- Xposed Installer
- Gmail / Email
- Google Play Store

Please share your results in the thread.

Without saying, this will only install on API 19+ (4.4)

https://github.com/StephenMilone/Xpo...nslucentKitKat
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.milone.xposed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-16 17.12.57.png
Views:	37810
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	2692670  
Attached Files
File Type: apk XposedTransKitKat.apk - [Click for QR Code] (41.5 KB, 44055 views)
File Type: apk XposedTransKitKat2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (44.9 KB, 2960 views)
File Type: apk XposedTransKitKat3.apk - [Click for QR Code] (47.9 KB, 12680 views)
The Following 88 Users Say Thank You to StephenMilone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StephenMilone Ad-Free

17th April 2014, 08:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Are you able to choose which apps have forced translucence? Also, would it be possible to create a module that does the opposite and prevents translucency in selected apps?
The Following User Says Thank You to krackers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krackers Ad-Free
17th April 2014, 08:48 PM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,082

More
Nice

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
17th April 2014, 08:57 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krackers

Are you able to choose which apps have forced translucence? Also, would it be possible to create a module that does the opposite and prevents translucency in selected apps?

yes it has a UI with a listview sorry i didnt make that clear. I'll edit the post in a few.

I can look into a way to turn it off, which app you have in mind so i can test with that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StephenMilone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StephenMilone Ad-Free
17th April 2014, 09:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMilone

yes it has a UI with a listview sorry i didnt make that clear. I'll edit the post in a few.

I can look into a way to turn it off, which app you have in mind so i can test with that.

You can test with the pushbullet app.
17th April 2014, 09:31 PM |#6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,082

More
A only navbar mode needed please

17th April 2014, 09:41 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashukmehta

A only navbar mode needed please

When I was messing around with just that, the app's screen still resulted in being pushed under the status bar (which remained black)...so know I thought of that, but first trials were unsuccessful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StephenMilone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StephenMilone Ad-Free
17th April 2014, 10:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
very good module!! is missing some features like extra top/button margin for apps with buttons in these areas
17th April 2014, 11:49 PM |#9  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Great module, thank you.

Just a suggestion, but it would be nice if there were an option to only force transparency on the navigation bar.

With so many apps having an action bar up top, forced transparency on the status bar isn't really feasible.

But most apps don't have features at the bottom of the screen, so stretching the background to go behind the navigation bar isn't a problem for the most part.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harland3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harland3 Ad-Free
18th April 2014, 02:29 AM |#10  
Flag Brazil
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedion

very good module!! is missing some features like extra top/button margin for apps with buttons in these areas

this.
18th April 2014, 06:05 AM |#11  
Flag kerala
Thanks Meter: 186

More
nice module
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)