FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED] TouchWiz TWCallRecorder [20140727]

865 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,390

Post Reply Email Thread
Introduction:

This is my first xposed module. I couldn't find a current xposed module that allowed me to enable call recording on my T-Mobile Galaxy S5 via the menu while in a call.

So I made one.

Download:

TWCallRecorder
QR Code:
QRCode

This app requires Xposed

Issues:
None that I know of

Details:

This mod has a simple UI to enable/disable call recording. When installed, this will override any CSC settings. You can enable the recording button (replaces add call), and/or recording in menu.

After changing any setting, you will need to reboot for changes to take affect. I can't figure out a reliable hook yet to prevent this need. There's a convenient notification to prompt you to reboot.

Confirmed working so far on:
-SM-G900T
-SM-G900A
-SM-N900T
-SM-N900V

rovo89 for Xposed
All xposed mod devs who's code is up for browsing on github

Source:
https://github.com/deVorteX/XCallRecorder
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DevVorteX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevVorteX Ad-Free

25th July 2014, 01:34 AM |#2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Can you add support for other devices like note 3?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th July 2014, 02:30 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Would this work on AOSP?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jorv976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jorv976 Ad-Free
25th July 2014, 03:50 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexxoo

Can you add support for other devices like note 3?

I can look into it, did you try it anyway? I dint have a note 3, so I can't test. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
25th July 2014, 03:52 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorv976

Would this work on AOSP?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Free mobile app

It's pretty specific to Samsung's incallui, so I'd say it's not likely.

Samsung has the recorder built in, just hidden, this mod just exposes the option.

25th July 2014, 04:49 PM |#6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevVorteX

I can look into it, did you try it anyway? I dint have a note 3, so I can't test. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Yes I did and no it doesn't work hope you can figure it out, thanks!!

25th July 2014, 07:03 PM |#7  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

More
What folder are the recordings stored in? I'm trying this out on an AT&T S5, which has a slightly different InCallUI.apk than the G900T, so it could just be that the module isn't working for me. But I do have a "Record" entry in the call menu, so I'm hopeful, but I can't find any recordings that I've made.
25th July 2014, 08:36 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harland3

What folder are the recordings stored in? I'm trying this out on an AT&T S5, which has a slightly different InCallUI.apk than the G900T, so it could just be that the module isn't working for me. But I do have a "Record" entry in the call menu, so I'm hopeful, but I can't find any recordings that I've made.

They are saved in sdcard/Sounds on my phone. You should be able to find them in "Voice Recorder" if you can't find them there.. If it's not working, let me know. I'll see if I can make adjustments.
25th July 2014, 08:37 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexxoo

Yes I did and no it doesn't work hope you can figure it out, thanks!!

Try this: http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/..._v2_26dc02.apk

It's in the xposed repo under "experimental", but I figure a direct link should be easier to get to.

Let me know if this works for you.
25th July 2014, 09:10 PM |#10  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevVorteX

They are saved in sdcard/Sounds on my phone. You should be able to find them in "Voice Recorder" if you can't find them there.. If it's not working, let me know. I'll see if I can make adjustments.

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately, it's not working on this variant. Like I said, it does add the "Record" entry into the call screen settings, but the "Add Call" button doesn't change to "Record" and the recordings don't actually work (not found in either location, at least).

TWCallRecorder gets Superuser privileges when I start a phone call, though, so everything else seems to be working fine. It's just this stupid carrier-specific phone apk screwing things up.
25th July 2014, 09:20 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orlando

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, sorry to hear that.

Like I've stated, this mod only exposes the hidden features that are built into the phone app. So, it's possible that the call recording is just not native on the ATT variant. It's funny that it can still show the record option in the menu. It's either something weird that's causing the recording not to work, or ATT removed the feature but forgot to remove that one menu piece.

If I get a few minutes, I'll try to look into it further, but I can't guarantee anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to DevVorteX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DevVorteX Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call recording, galaxy s 5, mod, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)