Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2019, 07:19 AM |#191  
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 967

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokaryote

Am I the only one that gets these really bad lags with the animated emotes? I get it a lot from channels like xQc, Forsen, and Greekgodx when they spam a lot of the animated ones. It sometimes even makes the entire stream stutter but that is only sometimes.

I'm on Android 9/Pie using EDXposed

Yes, me too
It's a known problem with Edxposed...
Wish there was a way to disable the animation...
Is there a way to implement that?

5th September 2019, 04:43 PM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBruderman

Yes, me too

Oh I see, I thought it had to do something with my phone lol

And no I'm not sure about that. But there are these alternative twitch apps on the Play Store that have BTTV and FFZ twitch emotes enabled by default and one of them (named Pocket Plays: For Twitch) doesn't animate the GIF emotes, maybe there's a setting? And also the other one named Xtra for Twitch doesn't lag any of them but I'm not sure what you could get out of that since it's an EDXposed issue.
6th September 2019, 01:33 AM |#193  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

Am I the only one that gets these really bad lags with the animated emotes? I get it a lot from channels like xQc, Forsen, and Greekgodx when they spam a lot of the animated ones. It sometimes even makes the entire stream stutter but that is only sometimes.

I'm on Android 9/Pie using EDXposed

I don't think the twitch emote code was written with gif emotes in mind. Usually there is never more than a few bits in chat at any given time and that is the use case their image spans were most likely designed for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBruderman

Yes, me too

I'm not sure since twitch unified all of their bits and emote code into one imageable. I can take a look eventually but don't get your hopes up unfortunately.

Quote:

Oh I see, I thought it had to do something with my phone lol

And no I'm not sure about that. But there are these alternative twitch apps on the Play Store that have BTTV and FFZ twitch emotes enabled by default and one of them (named Pocket Plays: For Twitch) doesn't animate the GIF emotes, maybe there's a setting? And also the other one named Xtra for Twitch doesn't lag any of them but I'm not sure what you could get out of that since it's an EDXposed issue.

The problem with that is I know next to nothing about Android. The only reason stuff works the way it does now is because twitch implements it. If someone wants to submit a patch that makes static emote spans I'd be more than happy to accept it, but unfortunately I don't see that happening and there is no way that I'm capable of making it myself.
10th September 2019, 09:26 PM |#194  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can u even block ads on Twitch mobile nowadays!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)