By BatedUrGonnaDie, Member on 19th October 2016, 06:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2019, 12:38 AM |#201  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBruderman

This sounds really annoying... Wish I had some knowledge in coding to help... That's why I suggested the 7.14.4 version, I figured it'll be easier to code... Is there a way I could help with that?

Most updates just require updating the class definitions for the new proguard names. I put all the those in the same block, but you have to know what the old class looked like to find the new class sometimes as it's not always obvious. It ends up just being tedious, and takes a lot of RAM since I need the decompiled sources, sometimes the old decompiled sources, android studio, and then the emulator all open at once. I plan on upgrading my pc in the near future so it might get a bit better, but I don't want to make promises that I might not be able to keep that's all.
14th October 2019, 01:26 AM |#202  
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 970

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatedUrGonnaDie

Most updates just require updating the class definitions for the new proguard names. I put all the those in the same block, but you have to know what the old class looked like to find the new class sometimes as it's not always obvious. It ends up just being tedious, and takes a lot of RAM since I need the decompiled sources, sometimes the old decompiled sources, android studio, and then the emulator all open at once. I plan on upgrading my pc in the near future so it might get a bit better, but I don't want to make promises that I might not be able to keep that's all.

Do you have a good guide how to decompile an app? I can help with that...
The Following User Says Thank You to NBruderman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NBruderman Ad-Free
14th October 2019, 01:33 AM |#203  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Do you have a good guide how to decompile an app? I can help with that...

Personally I just use the master branch of JADX. In the past it's been the most consistent at being able to decompile Kotlin files and having the cleanest function bodies (jd-gui would often decompile switch statements in really weird ways). Decompiling is as simple as opening the APK file with JADX. From there I just browse the main folders under "tv.twitch". I try and check the old locations of class files first, but often the folder structures changes now, so I look for the comment at the top of the file stating what file it was compiled from. From there I just look for the method signature, and check that the body is fairly similar to what I'm expecting the function to do. For that it helps to either have the old code up, or in my case I'm able to remember what most of the bodies I want look like since I've found them enough times at this point.

Be warned though that the in memory decompile will take about 4GB of RAM if you search for anything since it will process the entire APK, instead of just the files you open. Then increase that to 8GB if you open the old code and search anything.
14th October 2019, 01:58 AM |#204  
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatedUrGonnaDie

Personally I just use the master branch of JADX. In the past it's been the most consistent at being able to decompile Kotlin files and having the cleanest function bodies (jd-gui would often decompile switch statements in really weird ways). Decompiling is as simple as opening the APK file with JADX. From there I just browse the main folders under "tv.twitch". I try and check the old locations of class files first, but often the folder structures changes now, so I look for the comment at the top of the file stating what file it was compiled from. From there I just look for the method signature, and check that the body is fairly similar to what I'm expecting the function to do. For that it helps to either have the old code up, or in my case I'm able to remember what most of the bodies I want look like since I've found them enough times at this point.

Be warned though that the in memory decompile will take about 4GB of RAM if you search for anything since it will process the entire APK, instead of just the files you open. Then increase that to 8GB if you open the old code and search anything.

I actually got 16GB Ram machine, so I'm fine on this part... I'll just have to learn exactly the process, since I'm not a coder. However, I'll give it a go.
The Following User Says Thank You to NBruderman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NBruderman Ad-Free
17th October 2019, 09:42 AM |#205  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Thanks a ton for the new update! It seems to be working for me. I really appreciate the time you put into this, and I'm sure many others do too. I know digging through decompiled class names is an extremely tedious process, so thank you for doing this so that we don't have to.

By the way, I'm not sure if there's a typo in your latest commit name/Xposed repo text, or if the class names just haven't changed, but I can't find an 8.1.1 .apk of Twitch anywhere. I'm on 8.1.0 and Glitchify works fine, but the Play Store doesn't have an update, I can't find 8.1.1 on APKMirror, and Google doesn't turn up anything for 8.1.1.

Is this really for 8.1.0? Or is there an update coming to the Play Store very soon?
The Following User Says Thank You to ubergeek77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ubergeek77 Ad-Free
17th October 2019, 09:32 PM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Thank you for the update, I'm sure there are many users like me who appreciate you enduring the tedious process. This module is a must have for twitch addicts!
The Following User Says Thank You to arcrox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arcrox Ad-Free
18th October 2019, 02:29 AM |#207  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergeek77

Thanks a ton for the new update! It seems to be working for me. I really appreciate the time you put into this, and I'm sure many others do too. I know digging through decompiled class names is an extremely tedious process, so thank you for doing this so that we don't have to.

By the way, I'm not sure if there's a typo in your latest commit name/Xposed repo text, or if the class names just haven't changed, but I can't find an 8.1.1 .apk of Twitch anywhere. I'm on 8.1.0 and Glitchify works fine, but the Play Store doesn't have an update, I can't find 8.1.1 on APKMirror, and Google doesn't turn up anything for 8.1.1.

Is this really for 8.1.0? Or is there an update coming to the Play Store very soon?

I just google'd twitch apk and that was the one that came up. Looking on my phone it's also running 8.1.1, so they're probably doing a limited rollout or something. Usually the patch versions don't change anything with proguard. I used to tag them as 8.1.X for that reason, but they did at some point so I'd rather not make that guarantee.
The Following User Says Thank You to BatedUrGonnaDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BatedUrGonnaDie Ad-Free
6th November 2019, 05:05 PM |#208  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I updated the github version to 8.2.1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dcoolArne For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcoolArne Ad-Free
7th November 2019, 08:15 AM |#209  
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
@BatedUrGonnaDie can you merge it in?
8th November 2019, 04:34 AM |#210  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolArne

I updated the github version to 8.2.1

Quote:

@BatedUrGonnaDie can you merge it in?

Code has been merged, and new apk uploaded. I lost my signing keystore when re-installing windows last week, so a clean install will be required if coming from a previous version. Easiest way is to just copy the badge string, and uninstall then install the new version and paste it back in. The rest of the settings are pretty easy to recreate. If you have something like Titanium Backup that should also work since no changes were made to the underlying preferences.

Thanks again @dcoolArne
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BatedUrGonnaDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BatedUrGonnaDie Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)