FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed] Heads Up Notifications

1,080 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,538
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Requires Xposed Framework!

This module enables Heads Up Notifications on KitKat devices.

Screenshots:


Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.m...headsupenabler

Source code:
https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed...-Notifications
The Following 227 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
22nd June 2014, 02:50 PM |#2  
GermainZ's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 8,787
 
More
FAQ
  • Q: I've disabled this module but Heads Up still show up, what can I do?
    A: If you've used a version prior to 1.2 in the past, you may need to run the following command in a terminal emulator, as root (to request root: use the 'su' command):
    Code:
    settings put global heads_up_enabled 0
    Other than that, make sure you haven't enabled Heads Up in your ROM's setting, if your ROM has a switch. Also note that GravityBox or other modules may enable Heads Up, so double check that as well.
  • Q: How can I hide Heads Up for a particular notification?
    A: You can use the blacklist for this. Open the notification shade and long press the notification you want to blacklist. Tap "App Info" and note the package name to identify which package sent the notification. Now open Heads Up Xposed and blacklist the relevant package.
  • Q: SystemUI is crashing!
    A: This happens on some vendor ROMs (e.g. TouchWiz). To fix it, blacklist your dialer package. If that doesn't solve the issue, also disable Heads Up for ongoing notifications.
  • Q: Can we customize the colors?
    A: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=366

Feature requests
Before suggesting new features, please search this thread and check the commits, issues and pull requests on GitHub to make sure your suggestion hasn't been offered before (or completed).

Bug reports
Please search this thread and check the commits, issues and pull requests on GitHub. If it's already been reported or fixed, there's no need to post about it. When reporting a force close, include a logcat.
Also keep in mind this module enables Heads Up - it doesn't implement it from scratch. Some vendor specific issues may not be possible to resolve.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 02:52 PM |#3  
PunchUp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,806
 
More
Yet another handy module
22nd June 2014, 02:59 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG

Requires Xposed Framework!

This module enables Heads Up Notifications on KitKat devices.

Screenshots:



Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.m...headsupenabler

Source code:
https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed...-Notifications

I love you, how fast you guys achieved it
22nd June 2014, 03:08 PM |#5  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,188
 
More
I recommend using Hide Xposed IME with this to avoid the annoying keyboard notification when typing.
This is the perfect module! Thank you for releasing this so fast. Can't wait for the next versions.
One suggestion for future releases:

- Let us choose how much time the notification stays on the screen.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaKTaiL Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 03:13 PM |#6  
GermainZ's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 8,787
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkz14

I love you, how fast you guys achieved it

Among other discussions about the usefulness of pie, Hover, some other modules as well as life, the universe and everything:
Code:
[…]
14:43:49   GermainZ │ HeadsUp looks nice
14:44:07          ⤷ │ http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06/21/cyanogenmod-unearths-floating-heads-up-notifications-in-aosp-enables-them-in-latest-cm11-nightlies/
[…]
15:37:56 MohammadAG │ I saw heads up a **** ton of times
15:38:00          ⤷ │ never looked into it
15:39:08   GermainZ │ I'm guessing it's just a simple debug method to hook
15:39:11          ⤷ │ and make it return true
15:39:34 MohammadAG │ http://grepcode.com/file/repository.grepcode.com/java/ext/com.google.android/android/4.4.2_r1/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/HeadsUpNotificationView.java?av=f
15:40:15          ⤷ │ oh wow
15:40:20          ⤷ │ it's much simpler
[…]
15:53:58          ⚡ │ MohammadAG posts module
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GermainZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 03:19 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Among other discussions about the usefulness of pie, Hover, some other modules as well as life, the universe and everything:

Code:
[…]
14:43:49   GermainZ │ HeadsUp looks nice
14:44:07          ⤷ │ http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/06/21/cyanogenmod-unearths-floating-heads-up-notifications-in-aosp-enables-them-in-latest-cm11-nightlies/
[…]
15:37:56 MohammadAG │ I saw heads up a **** ton of times
15:38:00          ⤷ │ never looked into it
15:39:08   GermainZ │ I'm guessing it's just a simple debug method to hook
15:39:11          ⤷ │ and make it return true
15:39:34 MohammadAG │ http://grepcode.com/file/repository.grepcode.com/java/ext/com.google.android/android/4.4.2_r1/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/HeadsUpNotificationView.java?av=f
15:40:15          ⤷ │ oh wow
15:40:20          ⤷ │ it's much simpler
[…]
15:53:58          ⚡ │ MohammadAG posts module

I'm not sure what you meant, I know It appeared in AndroidPolice before and that It was fairly easy to implement, however I was just trying to thank you for the speed and the work you made, althought It was easy and fast I thank you very much.
22nd June 2014, 03:22 PM |#8  
reversegear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,478
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKTaiL

I recommend using Hide Xposed IME with this to avoid the annoying keyboard notification when typing.
This is the perfect module! Thank you for releasing this so fast. Can't wait for the next versions.
One suggestion for future releases:

- Let us choose how much time the notification stays on the screen.

The IME notification is clearable with swipe its not annoying
22nd June 2014, 03:25 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
More
I can't believe something like this is found by default in stock android! It shows that Google did think of improving android notifications (which has pretty much been the same since ICS days). But I wonder why they didn't enable it by default, or at least give an option to enable it? :what:

Nexus 4 Stock Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Thanaya For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thanaya Ad-Free
22nd June 2014, 03:30 PM |#10  
PunchUp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,806
 
More
Or maybe the next version of Android
22nd June 2014, 03:31 PM |#11  
MaKTaiL's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 1,188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reversegear

The IME notification is clearable with swipe its not annoying

Trust me. It will get annoying in a few minutes when you try using Google Search for exemple.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaKTaiL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MaKTaiL Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes