FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] HTC Car Mode Xposed! (Version 2.3) [Lollipop Compatible!]

1,823 posts
Thanks Meter: 483

By Ambious, Senior Member on 1st June 2014, 09:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ambious: Additional settings and hacks for the HTC Sense 6.0 Car App!
16th June 2014, 10:05 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxsense

I am pretty sure that I ran settings app prior to trying it out, not completely sure though. I just toggled the home screen option and get the same results. It only works if it is not selected.

Hmm. I'm not getting that on the M8, but I'll look into it.
Unfortunately I don't have an M7 to test on.
Could you for the sake of testing go to the settings interface - uncheck both boxes, then recheck both boxes, then restart your device and see if it works then?
Thanks!

16th June 2014, 10:50 AM |#12  
Flag Nærbø
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

uncheck both boxes, then recheck both boxes, then restart your device and see if it works then?
Thanks!

Its work thanks
16th June 2014, 04:55 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlot18

Its work thanks

Thanks for the info, I think I know what's causing it:
The mods don't take if the car app is running in the background because it hooks into methods as they load.
There's a command to kill it if it's running in the background and settings have been changed, but it might not have taken - or rather, it also won't be run if settings are at their default state, so if you install the mod, then run the car app, then load the module interface and change nothing - it still won't be set.
Next version will handle this more properly, I hope (currently writing it).
16th June 2014, 05:51 PM |#14  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,819

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyzis

Please add support for all apps in car mode! Currently you can add only a few apps .. For example you can't add Torque

I can add Torque to Car...?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-16-09-49-06.png
Views:	233
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	2801791  
Reyzis
16th June 2014, 06:33 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

I can add Torque to Car...?

Torque free or the paid App? I have torque free and can't add it to car mode ... :/
16th June 2014, 06:44 PM |#16  
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,819

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyzis

Torque free or the paid App? I have torque free and can't add it to car mode ... :/

Torque paid. Maybe free is different, but from what I can tell, HTC Car doesn't blacklist any apps from being added to one of the screens.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 06:56 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
I agree, there doesn't seem to be a limit on which apps you can add and which you can't.
Your issue must be related to the app itself. Since I'm unfamiliar with Torque, I really can't tell.
Are there any other apps, as far as you can tell, that you can't add?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ambious Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 08:26 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

Hmm. I'm not getting that on the M8, but I'll look into it.
Unfortunately I don't have an M7 to test on.
Could you for the sake of testing go to the settings interface - uncheck both boxes, then recheck both boxes, then restart your device and see if it works then?
Thanks!

If I do that when I run the HTC car app the home button will open recent apps if double tapped but otherwise it just returns to car mode when home is pressed. If I disable it pressing home takes me to the desktop and double tapping it takes me to recent apps. I am running NuSenseSIX based off the m8-base fwiw. If you have any tweaks you would like tested let me know, I can provide logcats and such.
16th June 2014, 11:18 PM |#19  
Dialer not working
Thank you for this awesome mod. I'm not sure if it's the ROM I'm running, but I can't seem to launch the dialer using this module. All other buttons work normally, as well as the added functions of this module.

I'm running the Venom ROM on the M8.

Does anyone else have this problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to dafob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dafob Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 11:21 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafob

Thank you for this awesome mod. I'm not sure if it's the ROM I'm running, but I can't seem to launch the dialer using this module. All other buttons work normally, as well as the added functions of this module.

Good catch. Just shows how much I actually use my 'phone' for calls...had not even tried it yet

I have the same issue on an M7, the 'Dialer' button in the car mode app doesn't do anything.
17th June 2014, 12:54 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Haifa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafob

Good catch, I didn't even think to test it
I'll look into it first thing tomorrow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car app, htc, sense, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)