FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0.3+] MapsTweaks (Google maps, Yandex maps)

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By MikeZh, Junior Member on 27th November 2019, 05:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Collection of the maps UI tweaks for Google maps and Yandex maps

List of tweaks:
  • [Google] Hide "Explore Nearby" bottom slider
  • [Google] Hide bottom bar
  • [Google] Hide/shift Categories top list
  • [Google] Hide logos
  • [Yandex] Disable launch type check
  • [Yandex] Hide "Explore Nearby" bottom bar
  • [Yandex] Hide logo

All the UI tweaks are startup-tweaks that mean they handle during the apps launch only! The bottom slider and bar will be show again after e.g. cafe searching in Google Maps. It's normal behavior.

ver 1.2
Bottom bar: keep hidden

Thanx to moneytoo for All My... and idea of the tweaks

Download: Xposed repo or
Attached Files
File Type: apk mapstweaks_v1.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (930.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: apk mapstweaks_v1.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (931.0 KB, 52 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MikeZh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeZh Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 09:08 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks, very useful. 😃👍
What exactly does "hide logos" do?
And there's a bug, the buttom bar reappears after having used the search bar even although it's disabled in Maps tweak.
28th November 2019, 07:05 PM |#3  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Seems kind of finicky. I'm on the lastest stable gmaps and it seemed to change something but the settings didn't "stick".

Edit: Seems like the setting to move the categories closer to top work, but the hide explore/bottom bar works when you open it explore window then slide it down. Then it'll all be hidden.

When I close and reopen the app the bottom bar reappears.
29th November 2019, 03:44 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanaziof

What exactly does "hide logos" do?
And there's a bug, the buttom bar reappears after having used the search bar even although it's disabled in Maps tweak.

Hide logos Like "Google" logo at the bottom-left corner + some invisible logo that can be shown during usage
Reappearing is not a bug cause all the tweaks working once during startup. The idea is to hide unused bottom slider at the launch time but allow you to use search and show results as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holofractal

Seems kind of finicky

I've changed the slider state detection, so update and try new version. I use the last G-maps version too.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeZh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MikeZh Ad-Free
29th November 2019, 05:23 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZh

Hide logos Like "Google" logo at the bottom-left corner + some invisible logo that can be shown during usage
Reappearing is not a bug cause all the tweaks working once during startup. The idea is to hide unused bottom slider at the launch time but allow you to use search and show results as usual.

I've changed the slider state detection, so update and try new version. I use the last G-maps version too.

Oh, I see. I didn't even realize the logo up until now. But since you have made me aware of it, it would drive me crazy. So seems like I'm totally dependent on this module now.
Though, version 1.1 automatically opens the Explore Nearby menu after pressing the back button in the search menu. Is it supposed to be that way? I'd personally prefer not having to press the back button an other time to get back to the map.
29th November 2019, 05:37 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Though, version 1.1 automatically opens the Explore Nearby menu after pressing the back button in the search menu...

No Google Maps is responsible for this.

Bottom slider is the base layout for search results, so it opens every time when you search smth. Thus I think it's not good idea to totally remove the slider. I'm not sure if it's safe or useful
29th November 2019, 05:40 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

No Google Maps is responsible for this.

Bottom slider is the base layout for search results, so it opens every time when you search smth. Thus I think it's not good idea to totally remove the slider. I'm not sure if it's safe or useful

But in version 1.0 it was different. I actually just switched back to 1.0 for that reason.
29th November 2019, 05:51 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

But in version 1.0 it was different

I'm a bit confused. The sole difference is in the calculation of slider state, nothing else. I'll test this

UPD: "Hide bottom bar also" is checked? please white step-by-step what to do to reproduce this
29th November 2019, 06:12 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

I'm a bit confused. The sole difference is in the calculation of slider state, nothing else. I'll test this

UPD: "Hide bottom bar also" is checked? please white step-by-step what to do to reproduce this

"Hide Explore Nearby bottom slider", "Hide bottom bar also", "Cathegories top list:" "Hide" and "Hide logos" are all checked.
1. Start Gmaps
2. tap on search bar --> keyboard and search menu with recent search results open
3. press back button --> keyboard closes
4. press back button again
a) --> (1.0) shows map and bottom bar
b) --> (1.1) shows "Explore --city-name--" full screen
1st December 2019, 03:34 PM |#10  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Great modul, thanks 🙂
3rd December 2019, 05:58 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

But in version 1.0 it was different. I actually just switched back to 1.0 for that reason.

You are right. It was a bug being fixed "by the way". It changed bottom bar behavior. So, test v1.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)