379 posts
Thanks Meter: 388

Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2018, 09:37 PM |#1061  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,561

Donate to Me
More
Is it me or has anyone else been experiencing the Soft Reboot function acting as a normal Reboot function?

Maybe @DrAcHe981 is aware of this that I haven't realized myself?

This is happening on 2 Galaxy S5 devices (1 with LineageOS 15.1 & the other with LineageOS 14.1)...

Also with 2 Galaxy S3 devices (1 with LineageOS 14.1 & the other with LineageOS 13.0)...

I use one of the Galaxy S5 devices as my primary device and the other 3 devices as a Backup as well as for Developmental purposes for testing and such.

I didn't bother testing this function on my other devices not listed above.

I don't typically use the Soft Reboot much at all but, I attempted this recently and had noticed this, one and only, odd behavior. Afterwards, I had tried it on the others and noticed the same behavior.

Thanks a bunch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.
17th November 2018, 10:45 PM |#1062  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Is it me or has anyone else been experiencing the Soft Reboot function acting as a normal Reboot function?

Maybe @DrAcHe981 is aware of this that I haven't realized myself?

This is happening on 2 Galaxy S5 devices (1 with LineageOS 15.1 & the other with LineageOS 14.1)...

Also with 2 Galaxy S3 devices (1 with LineageOS 14.1 & the other with LineageOS 13.0)...

I use one of the Galaxy S5 devices as my primary device and the other 3 devices as a Backup as well as for Developmental purposes for testing and such.

I didn't bother testing this function on my other devices not listed above.

I don't typically use the Soft Reboot much at all but, I attempted this recently and had noticed this, one and only, odd behavior. Afterwards, I had tried it on the others and noticed the same behavior.

Thanks a bunch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my SM-G900T device.

Have just tried it a few times myself and seems ok to me. It boots into Samsung logo then straight into system. It's not turning off and restarting showing up Samsung s8 powered by android first as a normal boot does.
Have noticed on the soft reboot button in small letters showing automatic turnoff disabled though.
Device is a Samsung S8 stock nougat 7.0 using magisk 17.3/6.0.1 and rovo's exposed versiom 89/3.1.5
The Following User Says Thank You to spawnlives For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spawnlives Ad-Free
18th November 2018, 01:04 AM |#1063  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnlives

Have just tried it a few times myself and seems ok to me..........

Maybe there's something I had missed in the Module Settings.... Hmmm...

I'll have to take another look. Thanks for your suggestion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2nd December 2018, 10:43 AM |#1064  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAnd

If I may suggest some additional functionalities:
— shortcut for WiFi tethering (lot of clicking to turn on/off and no more present in notification bar shortcuts)
— quick dial number (APM had one, great option to dial favourite number, it had only one, of course more would be even better)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAcHe981

Added to the wish list!

Can you please comment on quick dial number?
19th December 2018, 05:20 PM |#1065  
Flag agra
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Not working on note 4 mido
Xiomi Redmi Note 4 {Mido}

Stock power menu on power button press
20th December 2018, 12:09 PM |#1066  
Flag agra
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
I assume there wont Be any support from developer, as developer took a Break from programming 10 months ago..
I will uninstall this great module as it doesnt supports device and no updates soo far.
28th January 2019, 05:24 PM |#1067  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brilon

Donate to Me
More
Man, quite some time passed since I last appeared alive in here...

Had a lot of private issues to sort out, some as serious as almost living under a bridge, but anyways, that's mostly sorted now!

And with that being sorted I began some big project just a few days ago...
I'm working on NeoPowerMenu v2.0, a complete rewrite of the entire app!

It'll be more dynamic, more customizable, more your completely custom power menu! (and hopefully also more stable and smooth)

But be patient with me, I still have a very tight time table, and a project from square zero will take quite some time... I only have a few hours every evening to work on the app... and those hours are also shared with my other projects for other website services...

But eventually we will receive a completely new NeoPowerMenu with way more customizable features waiting for us all!
I'm even trying to accomplish most of it without the use of root or xposed! (we will see how that goes, but I try to only use root/xposed if it really won't work without it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ic_launcher.png
Views:	154
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	4695371  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DrAcHe981 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrAcHe981 Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 07:30 PM |#1068  
Flag Upstate New York

Donate to Me
More
@DrAcHe981, May I suggest the attached Colorized Design for the new Icon on the New NeoPowerMenu Rewrite Release?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1548699881266.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	4695471

If you do like/want it, I can provide you with this Icon but, a much Higher Quality image. It took me about 15-20 minutes to put it together at a much higher DPI/Quality but, I had resized the image at 192x192 so I can attach it here.

If you want it, it's yours to keep... :thumbup:

I just love this development and wanted to contribute in some way by one of my talents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle"}.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
29th January 2019, 12:30 AM |#1069  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brilon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

@DrAcHe981, May I suggest the attached Colorized Design for the new Icon on the New NeoPowerMenu Rewrite Release?

If you do like/want it, I can provide you with this Icon but, a much Higher Quality image. It took me about 15-20 minutes to put it together at a much higher DPI/Quality but, I had resized the image at 192x192 so I can attach it here.

If you want it, it's yours to keep... :thumbup:

I just love this development and wanted to contribute in some way by one of my talents.

Appreciate the effort put into it, but I'm afraid it doesn't matches to the general material/flat design the settings app itself is aiming for again...

And it took me like a hour to figure out the program I used for the new logo, so I'm kinda determined to now use it after that long time spent on it ^^"
The Following User Says Thank You to DrAcHe981 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrAcHe981 Ad-Free
3rd April 2019, 12:12 AM |#1070  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAcHe981

I'm even trying to accomplish most of it without the use of root or xposed! (we will see how that goes, but I try to only use root/xposed if it really won't work without it)

This would be amazeballs!!! As I have root but difficulty getting xposed installed on my Mate 20 X and even if I did I don't thing your module works on andriod 9.x.
5th April 2019, 01:02 AM |#1071  
Flag waterford
Thanks Meter: 68

Donate to Me
More
Oh man thank you so much for this amazing app, I have it on my phone and I just tried it on my watch (zeblaze thor 4) it was not working but when I used experimental hooks it works. Love it. Delighted with the option of booting to recovery now instead of having to adb to the watch all the time. Youre a legend and I shall name one of my future kids Neo . Zeblaze Thor 4 Neo Power Menu

Sorry quick edit.

Would it be possible or does anyone know how to change the view of the watch screen into square view, it's available in standard power menu but not in neo power, or maybe it is and I just can't find it , it's really handy to have that option as some apps ,ie Xposed opens on watch but with the screen being round I can't reach the corners of the app to change settings. 😆😆😆.
If Dev needs a donation for implimenting this then I have no problems at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to seanybiker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seanybiker Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)