FORUMS

[MOD][XPOSED] Niwatori - One Handed Mode

185 posts
Thanks Meter: 393
 
By tkgktyk, Senior Member on 15th February 2015, 06:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
**** THIS PROJECT IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED ****

Niwatori changes the display position of apps. The target device is a smartphone that has about 5-inch display because the purpose is one-handed operation.

Thanks to rovo89, I can use this on Lollipop!
Niwatori provides three one-handed modes:
- Movable Screen
- Slide Down
- Small Screen.
They work temporary, NOT permanent.

**
Niwatori was my local version of Flying Android. I released Niwatori since Xposed framework supports Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Differences:
- Abolished FA Toggle, pin, flying dialog and notification shortcut features.
- Control the window only from shortcuts.
- Move the status bar and the dialogs in the same way as the apps.
**

Compatibility
NIWATORI CONFLICTS WITH OTHER MULTIWINDOW AND ONE-HANDED SYSTEM.
I test on Nexus 4 with Stock ROM. Niwatori should work on Nexus devices running Stock. And I support CyanogenMod if Niwatori works with small special code for CM.

Usage
Create shortcut for one-handed mode by Niwatori on sub-launcher , such as Pie control.

[MY USAGE 1] Navigation Bar and Gravity Box
Use shortcuts:
  • Movable Screen
  • Pin
[MY USAGE 2] LMT Launcher's Pie
Use shortcuts:
  • Small Screen
  • Swap Left/Right
  • Expand notifications with extra action (Small Screen)


Testing (v0.4.5)
  • [DEV] Nexus 4, Android 5.1.1
  • Nexus 9. Android 6.0.0

Download
Xposed Module Repository
Google Play for Premium Settings

Translation
Volunteers are welcome to translate text (strings) to your language.
Download strings and edit two files:
- strings.xml
- strings_activity_settings.xml
And send them to me Note that text encoding of android is UTF-8.
If possible, place them in your language folder. ('values-ja' for Japanese, 'values-ru' for Russian, etc.)

Troubleshooting
Turn on "Log Actions" in niwatori's settings and call a shortcut for one-handed mode. Then Xposed framework logs as follow.
Code:
04-21 08:25:47.553  24125-24125/? I/Xposed﹕ jp.tkgktyk.xposed.niwatori.intent.action.SMALL_SCREEN
04-21 08:25:47.556  24125-24125/? I/Xposed﹕ NFW(ModActivity$20#onReceive): jp.tkgktyk.xposed.niwatori consumed: jp.tkgktyk.xposed.niwatori.intent.action.SMALL_SCREEN
The first line is shortcut (action) name, above case is Small Screen, and the second line logged who consumed the action by package name, above is niwatori settings. If the consumer isn't expected package, add the package into blacklist in niwatori settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	10708
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	3226699   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	10520
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	3226700   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.png
Views:	10136
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	3226701   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot4.png
Views:	9956
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	3226702  
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to tkgktyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tkgktyk Ad-Free
15th February 2015, 07:45 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Well
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkgktyk

Niwatori changes the display position of the apps. The target device is a smartphone that has about 5-inch display because the purpose is one-handed operation.

Niwatori introduces flying mode to apps and status bar. In the flying mode, you can move the display position of them.
**
Niwatori was my local version of Flying Android. I released Niwatori since Xposed framework supports Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Differences:
- Abolished FA Toggle, pin, flying dialog and notification shortcut features.
- Control the window only by shortcuts.
- Fly the status bar in the same way as the apps.
**

Download: Xposed Module Repository

v0.1.1: tested on Android 5.0.1 and 4.4.4.

How do I use it ?
15th February 2015, 08:02 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkgktyk

Niwatori changes the display position of the apps. The target device is a smartphone that has about 5-inch display because the purpose is one-handed operation.

Niwatori introduces flying mode to apps and status bar. In the flying mode, you can move the display position of them.
**
Niwatori was my local version of Flying Android. I released Niwatori since Xposed framework supports Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Differences:
- Abolished FA Toggle, pin, flying dialog and notification shortcut features.
- Control the window only by shortcuts.
- Fly the status bar in the same way as the apps.
**

Download: Xposed Module Repository

v0.1.1: tested on Android 5.0.1 and 4.4.4.

Good Job!

It seems to be the first module which has updated to adapt for new Xposed on Lollipop!

But i'm new to FlyingAndroid/Niwatori. My Device has no virtual navigation buttons and can't call the app as you shown on Youtube. is it now possible to call the app and scale the screen out by setting some kind of triggers???

Thanks in advance!
15th February 2015, 08:12 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonbane_x

Good Job!

It seems to be the first module which has updated to adapt for new Xposed on Lollipop!

But i'm new to FlyingAndroid/Niwatori. My Device has no virtual navigation buttons and can't call the app as you shown on Youtube. is it now possible to call the app and scale the screen out by setting some kind of triggers???

Thanks in advance!

I got it, finnaly. You can add a gesture to every setting. But I see no use to it fi I can't put 2 window in the same screen.
15th February 2015, 10:39 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
@GalaxyS4_Lollipop;
@Demonbane_x;
Trigger for Niwatori is shortcut. The "shortcut" is the same as ordinary shortcuts of any apps. So you can fire "shortcut" from home app, launcher app, GravityBox's action (works on lollipop?) , etc.
This mod moves the display position of foreground app, but not show multiple apps. In the screenshots, I only show one app (Niwatori UI) and expanded statusbar.
16th February 2015, 07:42 AM |#6  
exodius48's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Yori's Heart
Thanks Meter: 679
 
Donate to Me
More
This module not working on MIUI 6.
16th February 2015, 06:56 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71
 
More
sugestion
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkgktyk

@GalaxyS4_Lollipop;
@Demonbane_x;
Trigger for Niwatori is shortcut. The "shortcut" is the same as ordinary shortcuts of any apps. So you can fire "shortcut" from home app, launcher app, GravityBox's action (works on lollipop?) , etc.
This mod moves the display position of foreground app, but not show multiple apps. In the screenshots, I only show one app (Niwatori UI) and expanded statusbar.

I like the idea of making floating apps, but if you can't put two apps in one window , I don't know for what to use it.

You are a good developer , I hope you will make an app like XHaloFloatingWindow for lollipop in future.
17th February 2015, 01:22 AM |#8  
Jimmy34742's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 成都
Thanks Meter: 243
 
More
doesn't fly the window
I associate the "toggle" NFW action with a gesture via GMD Gesture Control. When I execute the gesture, it doesn't fly the window. Instead, it opens the Niwatori settings app.

I should add that most of the time it does nothing at all. I know I'm executing the gesture correctly because I get the correct haptic feedback. I'm using the paid app.
17th February 2015, 05:36 AM |#9  
Member
Flag WA
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Seems promising, gonna try it out
17th February 2015, 07:21 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Amazing app!

One problem I saw that came up was that I was no longer able to perform the second pull-down of the notification bar from the middle of the screen; instead, I now have to reach my thumb upwards far more.
I think the module changes the trigger area. Can you check this out? It would make life easier!

And by second pull-down, I mean the method to get from notifications to toggles (bt, wifi, etc.)
The Following User Says Thank You to georgelogan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift georgelogan Ad-Free
17th February 2015, 01:39 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 393
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exodius48

This module not working on MIUI 6.

Sorry, I cannot test on MIUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyS4_Lollipop

I like the idea of making floating apps, but if you can't put two apps in one window , I don't know for what to use it.

You are a good developer , I hope you will make an app like XHaloFloatingWindow for lollipop in future.

XHaloFloatingWindow is one of the best modules. I cannot make such app.
But I cannot use halo window efficiently because my phone doesn't have enough display size for multi window. On the other hand, I don't reach thumb at the top of the screen. I need to pull down the screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy34742

I associate the "toggle" NFW action with a gesture via GMD Gesture Control. When I execute the gesture, it doesn't fly the window. Instead, it opens the Niwatori settings app.

I should add that most of the time it does nothing at all. I know I'm executing the gesture correctly because I get the correct haptic feedback. I'm using the paid app.

Please check these points:
  1. If you fire the "toggle" action from the other launcher (e.g. home app), does the "toggle" work fine?
  2. Close Niwatori settings app before you use its actions.
If you need a refund, please tell me your order number by email or private message on XDA.
EDITED: I tried GMD Gesture Control, however it says "no supported device". (because of lollipop?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelogan

Amazing app!

One problem I saw that came up was that I was no longer able to perform the second pull-down of the notification bar from the middle of the screen; instead, I now have to reach my thumb upwards far more.
I think the module changes the trigger area. Can you check this out? It would make life easier!

And by second pull-down, I mean the method to get from notifications to toggles (bt, wifi, etc.)

Thanks. I checked it out and It's a bug certainly. I want to fix it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tkgktyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tkgktyk Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes