Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[MOD][XPOSED] Niwatori - One Handed Mode - Nougat compatible

46 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By guangyu.zhou, Member on 6th January 2018, 09:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Thanks to tkgktyk!
The original thread for the mod is here. It stop working since Nougat. I forked the source code sharing by tkgktyk and updated to make it compatible with Nougat.

You can use it as before now.
Most of the functionalities, including slide down, small screen, moveable screen and etc., works. However, the status bar still doesn't work now. I will continue working on it.

Xposed Repo
I have created a new module in Xposed repo for future development. And I will stop releasing apk file in my dropbox. Please use your Xposed Installer to install/update the module.

My repo is here: Niwatori Nougat.
Welcom pull request!

Let me know you have any issues or anything I can help

During fixing the issue in status bar functionality, I found it works very differently in different ROMS. Thanks for a commit from GravityBox, I fix the issue in the ROM's I have.
Nowadays, we have many alternatives to expand notification bar and quick settings. We don't rely on Niwatori doing this. It's easily to open the status bar using other methods, like fooview or GravityBox and etc., and use Niwatori to move or zoom out. It's not the core feature of Niwatori. So I will REMOVE STATUS BAR FEATURE in future, if I get positive feedback here or no feedback. I will finish fixing all the issues I have at first and go back to the status bar feature.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to guangyu.zhou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guangyu.zhou Ad-Free

8th January 2018, 09:41 AM |#2  
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 331

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for uploading this but I got a question.

I've uploaded your APK to check with VirusTotal and here is the result.
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6f...315fde/details

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-08_164408.png
Views:	1860
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	4383091

It's detected as a virus from 1 vendor. (Which is not happen with the official APK)

and secondly, I try to install but shown as package corrupt (re-downloaded still happen)

Name:	QuickScreencapture_20180108-164004.png
Views:	1826
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	4383092

Hope you can fix this problem.

Best Regards,
8th January 2018, 11:16 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Oh, really.
Android studio prompted me to sign the app
So I generate my own signature to sign it using Android studio.
Maybe I can share the unsigned app file. Thanks for reporting.
I will let you know, when I update the file.
9th January 2018, 11:08 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aillez

Thank you for uploading this but I got a question.

I've uploaded your APK to check with VirusTotal and here is the result.
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6f...315fde/details

It's detected as a virus from 1 vendor. (Which is not happen with the official APK)

and secondly, I try to install but shown as package corrupt (re-downloaded still happen)

Hope you can fix this problem.

Best Regards,

I can reproduce your issue now. The root cause is I didn't sign the app correctly. In the next release, I will fix this issue and also bring back the status bar feature. Stay tune.
The Following User Says Thank You to guangyu.zhou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guangyu.zhou Ad-Free
9th January 2018, 12:59 PM |#5  
Flag Bangkok

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guangyu.zhou

I can reproduce your issue now. The root cause is I didn't sign the app correctly. In the next release, I will fix this issue and also bring back the status bar feature. Stay tune.

Sound great
12th January 2018, 07:15 AM |#6  
Flag Bangkok

Donate to Me
More
Just seen you updated in OP and try to download, VirusTotal Scan, Install, Testing.

Name:	2018-01-12_135733.png
Views:	632
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	4386781

VirusScan still show as Trojan (I'm not sure it's a false positive or not)

but this time I can install. Enable module > Reboot.

and yeah ! it's working.

Thank you for your work. I usually using this mod until original dev is not updated anymore and LineageOS has this feature on the ROM itself.
but now I'm using OxygenOS and it doesn't have a one-handed mode.

THIS MODULE IS A MUST FOR ME

14th January 2018, 05:10 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Damn, I really hope I can somehow get it working, since it really is kind of a keep or sell decision for me because of this.
I'm also using OxygenOS on a OnePlus 5T, but I get a "Can't open file!" error after downloading.
I tried forcing it with some apk installer app and it installs, but I can't actually toggle the mode in any way.
Any ideas? Am I missing something? Any logs I could provide?
I just installed the newest Xposed and Gravitybox works so it shouldn't be an Xposed issue.
"One-Handed Mode for all devices" somewhat works but its kinda buggy while the xda one handed mode is completely unusable
I really hope someone here will be able to help me out.
14th January 2018, 12:09 PM |#8  
Flag Bangkok

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwomm

Damn, I really hope I can somehow get it working, since it really is kind of a keep or sell decision for me because of this.
I'm also using OxygenOS on a OnePlus 5T, but I get a "Can't open file!" error after downloading.
I tried forcing it with some apk installer app and it installs, but I can't actually toggle the mode in any way.
I just installed the newest Xposed and Gravitybox works so it shouldn't be an Xposed issue.
"One-Handed Mode for all devices" somewhat works but its kinda buggy while the xda one handed mode is completely unusable

Hi,
I'm using Oneplus 5T with stock rom 4.7.6 + Xposed systemless v 89

It's working great.

Do you re-download from OPupdated link?

But it's kinda buggy for some apps like contact, phone, XDA labs. (See screenshot)

I'm happy to help you if you still can't make It work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	QuickScreencapture_20180114-190817.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	4388924  
14th January 2018, 06:12 PM |#9  

More
Hey,

thanks a lot for your work, I was desperately looking for something like that for my OnePlus 5T which is lacking a one handed mode. I experience the same graphical issues with telefon/contacts App which are not that bad - what I don't like though is that the one handed mode doesn't work in Chrome at all. Anyone got an idea why or gets the same?

I tried to use Slide down as well as Small Screen but in Chrome just nothing happens.

Also I can't attach it to the Home Button because it seems to interferes with other functions (in apps) - with the "last Apps"-Button it works well so I'm using this one atm!
14th January 2018, 10:08 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aillez

Hi,
I'm using Oneplus 5T with stock rom 4.7.6 + Xposed systemless v 89

It's working great.

Do you re-download from OPupdated link?

Thanks for the reply!
I'm also on 4.7.6 but the Magisk Xposed module didn't work for me, the Xposed installer told me there was no framework installed so had to flash the zip manually.
And yes, I redownloaded the File from the OP several times, still can't open it.
But since it seems to be buggy anyway I guess I'm just gonna wait a bit longer before making my final decision and see if someone finds a fix, but I don't have high hopes anymore at this point
14th January 2018, 11:02 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwomm

I agree with the XDA one handed mode. It's not that usable. So I get back toNiwatori as soon as Exposed works on Nougat.
I assume there should not be install issue with my updated link. Could you share me the information of the file you downloaded?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)