FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Mod][Xposed] Amplify - Battery Extender - Control alarms, services, and wakelocks

858 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,001

By cryptyk, Senior Member on 21st August 2014, 01:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2014, 10:50 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalboy94

Gonna give it a shot too. For reference, this is how my NLP wakelocks looked like on my previous charge. I have Location History on since I use Cerberus, so I suppose I should notice any improvements.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Your stats are REALLY good, as is. Nice!
The Following User Says Thank You to cryptyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cryptyk Ad-Free

22nd August 2014, 12:17 AM |#12  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but if I'm already using Wakelock Terminator to control the Nlp-wakelocks, would it be redundant to use your module as well, or would there still be a benefit?
22nd August 2014, 12:30 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaverider

Hi, sorry for the stupid question, but if I'm already using Wakelock Terminator to control the Nlp-wakelocks, would it be redundant to use your module as well, or would there still be a benefit?

Using both is redundant. The difference is that this doesn't disable Google Search from getting the wakelocks. It just tempers the alarm that causes them so they don't destroy your battery.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cryptyk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cryptyk Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 02:19 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 127

More
I've got a VZ Note 3, rooted stock ROM. I travel a lot, so I leave location on basically 24/7. It would be nice to get better battery life without turning every thing off like a lot of these "battery gurus" like to suggest. What's the point of having a smartphone if you turn off every function that makes it smart? LOL

I'll certainly give this a try and report back 👍

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BlastTyrantKM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BlastTyrantKM Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 03:26 AM |#15  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastTyrantKM

What's the point of having a smartphone if you turn off every function that makes it smart? LOL

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My feelings exactly! I installed this module about 8 hours ago. It works... without a doubt.

Sent from my LG-D801
The Following User Says Thank You to rebar71 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rebar71 Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 05:43 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Please tame these 2 wlan wakelocks!
wlan_rx_wake
wlan_wd_wake

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1408682557054.jpg
Views: 39306
Size:  64.7 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1408682568078.jpg
Views: 39065
Size:  34.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1408682574938.jpg
Views: 39147
Size:  34.7 KB
22nd August 2014, 08:41 AM |#17  
Flag Tampere
Thanks Meter: 29

More
After about an hour of use, wakelocks have clearly happened, but have not kept the phone awake for 25 minutes like they used to. The phone is also no longer warm to the touch while it tries to sleep. Waiting for moar updates for this wonderful piece of software.
22nd August 2014, 09:56 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittikins

wlan_rx_wake
wlan_wd_wake

I'm fairly sure kernel wakelocks are out of his power, mate. Fixing those things are up to the manufacturer of the phone.
22nd August 2014, 11:58 AM |#19  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,768

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittikins

wlan_rx_wake
wlan_wd_wake

Attachment 2907298Attachment 2907299Attachment 2907300

Do you have Always Scanning turned OFF under c WiFi Advanced??? If not.. Try that.

- Tapatalked from the G3
alex91s
22nd August 2014, 12:10 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptyk

It's hard to tell with WLD because it doesn't show the source of the alarms that wakeup the device.

You should notice a decrease in NlpWakeCollectorWakelock, but you'd have to run it for some time before and after to see the difference in the count.

BBS shows the alarms that actually wake up the device, and the frequency. WLD just shows the wakelocks, and the count. The problem is that you'd need to run it for the same amount of time to calculate the frequency.

In any case, I'd love even your subjective opinion on your battery life today vs. yesterday.

Thanks,
Ryan

In my subjective opinion, the battery got better .
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
22nd August 2014, 01:40 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
When I go to bed my battery on my LG G3 typically depletes 12-15% by time I wake up. I just woke up and my phone only went down 7%. So far this module is working.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alarm, amplify, nlp, wakelock, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)