NoMapTips is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
The location accuracy tips dialog in Google Maps is annoying. You know what you're doing. Ignore that thing. Once and for all.
Featured on XDA Xposed Tuesday!
- You'll never see that horrible thing again. Even if your GPS is off.
- You'll forget you installed it.
- Theoretically less likely to crash your car...
- Make certain you're on a supported version of Google Maps.
- Install the module by a) searching for it in the Xposed Installer or b) manually through the APK provided on GitHub or the Xposed website.
- Enable the module in the Xposed Installer.
- Give it a spin! A very easy way to make this dialog appear is to turn off all location services and disable WiFi. Then tap the location accuracy tips preference in the Settings. No dialog? Good.
v2.2-31c370b - 22 Apr 2015 - Stable ------------ This release adds support for Maps 9.7.1! Please note that while the "optimal location" toast notification will no longer appear you should continue to be location tip free.
v2.1-8fa0a32 - 21 Mar 2015 - Stable ------------ Google Maps will now always report optimal location accuracy settings. Even if all possible location services are off. Goodbye dialogs!
v2.0-b0c9edc - 21 Mar 2015 - Stable ------------ NoMapTips is back! Unfortunately. What's new? * Support for Google Maps 9.5.1 and 9.6.0 * New default Android icon * Continued support for Maps 8, 9.0, and 9.1 for those of you (none?) still using them.
v1.4-42f1ab2 - 26 Nov 2014 - Stable ------------ Support for Google Maps 9.1
v1.3-4c4e802 - 14 Nov 2014 - Stable ------------ NoMapTips now supports both Google Maps 8 and Maps 9 users. Feel free to upgrade. :)
v1.2-0833439 - 08 Nov 2014 - Stable ------------ This version supports the new Google Maps 9 on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and up.
v1.1-a87b471 - 06 Nov 2014 - Stable ------------ Updated for Google Maps 9. Do not update this module if you have not yet received the Google Maps update. Easiest way to tell? Material Design. :)
v1.0-348872a - 03 Oct 2014 - Stable ------------ Initial release.
Q: NoMapTips isn't working for me. What can I do?
Q: How about a new feature?
- rovo89 - Creator of one of the most useful tools Android has ever seen: Xposed.
Copyright © 2014-2015 Kevin Mark. NoMapTips is licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version 3, which can be found in LICENSE.md
- Google Product Forums
- Droid Life Community
- OnePlus One Community
- Xperia Compatible Xposed Modules
- 5 Tweaks for a Less Annoying Android
- Alternatives to popular Xposed modules | Prepare for Android Lollipop / ART
- Modules for your Xposed Installer ! REVISED
- XDA Xposed Tuesday
- Quote:Originally Posted by bluewalk
Excellent job on this module. I've accidentally run over 3 different children with my car over the past 2 months thanks to fiddling with this stupid prompt when beginning my route. Often so raged from it I don't even care and keep going. Fix your **** Google, for the sake of my car and the children.
NoMapTips, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/kmark/NoMapTips
Xposed Package Name: com.versobit.kmark.nomaptips
Current Stable Version: v2.2-31c370b
Stable Release Date: 2015-04-22
Last Updated 2016-04-12