FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][EOL] NoMapTips - For those of us who know what we're doing.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd March 2015, 11:56 AM |#101  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 199

More
For myself the problem is that I use tasker to switch location modes upon loading Maps. Apparently this action doesn't happen quick enough so the pop up still appears. So, having the module dismiss this pop-up is really, really helpful. Thanks.

22nd March 2015, 12:13 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

My apologies if anything I wrote seemed hostile! Definitely not intended. If I had to guess at what was making Avast suspicious I'd say it's the reflection combined with PackageManager calls but this is hardly unique to NoMapTips. Does it give you a reason or some kind of reference number? Thanks for reporting.

No worries, my friend! I just took it as maybe MY wording was harsh or something. I felt bad that I came across that way. Funny now, huh? <lol>

No, I don't recall Avast giving me any type of number.

I uninstalled it and am going to try installing it again. Maybe something got corrupted, or it was a fluke. It happens.

If it helps any, it was only after this most recent update that this happened. Before that, it never sent up any flares.

I really did not think it was an actual virus. I just figured there was something in the updated code that was causing Avasf to react and so I'd let you know so it could be nipped in the bud before a bunch of people started bugging you about it, that's all.

If it does it again, I do believe you and I'll just set Avast to "Ignore" it.

Thanks again for the quick response, my friend!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeuszoos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zeuszoos Ad-Free
22nd March 2015, 08:29 PM |#103  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Latest update doesn't work on kitkat 4.4.4 GPE.
22nd March 2015, 08:59 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
And for those of you who keep your location settings on Battery Saver, this app automatically switches your GPS on and off for you: AutoGPS
The Following User Says Thank You to raddacle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raddacle Ad-Free
23rd March 2015, 03:10 AM |#105  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirs2k

Latest update doesn't work on kitkat 4.4.4 GPE.

Thanks for the report. I'll need some more info to begin debugging: Version of Google Maps, version of NoMapTips, Xposed log. To get a clean Xposed log follow these steps:
  1. Go the Xposed Installer and select Logs.
  2. Hit the menu button on your device or the menu button on the top right of the screen.
  3. Select Clear log now
  4. Open up the app switcher. It's either a dedicated button or by holding down the home button. Swipe away/close the Maps application.
  5. Open Maps again and try to repeat the problem.
  6. Directly after repeating the problem go to the Xposed Installer Log section and paste the output here.
23rd March 2015, 09:43 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

My apologies if anything I wrote seemed hostile! Definitely not intended. If I had to guess at what was making Avast suspicious I'd say it's the reflection combined with PackageManager calls but this is hardly unique to NoMapTips. Does it give you a reason or some kind of reference number? Thanks for reporting.

please don't stress about this, if anything needs to be listed as virus it's the new Maps update.

thanks for the quickfix . those turds gave us what we wanted for a couple weeks and then tried to be even more annoying. Suck it google, so long as KK4.4.4 is supported I will be on it, and by then hopefully all the bugs in Lollisuck will be popped.
The Following User Says Thank You to thor1k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thor1k Ad-Free
25th March 2015, 01:50 PM |#107  
Flag Sydney

More
I've updated to 2.1
If the problem persists, I will seek your professional help
30th March 2015, 12:07 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Thanks for keeping on top of this, Kevin.

At first I couldn't believe that Google actually held Maps' basic functionally hostage just to rape it's users. Then I couldn't believe that I couldn't believe it.

Another little donation heading your way.
The Following User Says Thank You to barnabydog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barnabydog Ad-Free
30th March 2015, 07:31 AM |#109  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabydog

Thanks for keeping on top of this, Kevin.

At first I couldn't believe that Google actually held Maps' basic functionally hostage just to rape it's users. Then I couldn't believe that I couldn't believe it.

Another little donation heading your way.

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirs2k

I've updated to 2.1
If the problem persists, I will seek your professional help

Thanks for letting me know!
31st March 2015, 02:10 AM |#110  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Thanks for letting me know!

All seems to be well my friend, thanks for the update!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google maps, no map tips, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)