FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][EOL] NoMapTips - For those of us who know what we're doing.

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 781

Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2014, 01:00 AM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
I had no idea this was so highly requested. I never spent any time in /r/xposed until today. The notification just really started to piss me off. Good to see others find it useful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevin M For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th October 2014, 04:23 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Thank you!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rignfool

I do...

I always leave WiFi on anymore...

It helps locating me when I am in Philadelphia or New York City... Where GPS might not find you due to tall buildings... But there are like 10 bazillion WiFi networks

True it helps but I also don't like having my WiFi connect automatically to work. So I have to turn it off.
4th October 2014, 11:45 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Just a quick note, this also turns off the dialog when the location settings are non-optimal. Like battery saver mode (or GPS being off completely). I could differentiate between the two but I assume you know what you're doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin M For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2014, 09:38 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Haven't installed it yet but hope it works. Keeping WiFi on is a not well thought out option to use maps. I can't begin to list how many networks that I've used that require web authentication in order to use their WiFi network. I can't begin to say how frustrating it is when I'm driving, your phone picks up one of these saved networks, tries to connect and gets no internet connection. Looking forward to trying it out

Now if only it is possible to turn off the "feature" that disconnects you from a WiFi network (e.g. WiFi at Starbucks, Xfinity hotspots, wholefoods, Lowe's, Ikea, home depot), telling you that it might not be stable before you even have a chance to try and authenticate through a webpage

Keep up the good work!
5th October 2014, 09:55 AM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmst77

Now if only it is possible to turn off the "feature" that disconnects you from a WiFi network (e.g. WiFi at Starbucks, Xfinity hotspots, wholefoods, Lowe's, Ikea, home depot), telling you that it might not be stable before you even have a chance to try and authenticate through a webpage

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> Avoid poor connections -> Uncheck
5th October 2014, 10:53 AM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> Avoid poor connections -> Uncheck

Thanks but not an available option in my 4.3 Root 66 rom
5th October 2014, 07:14 PM |#17  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks but not an available option in my 4.3 Root 66 rom

Oh, stock then? It's probably some rom-specific code/app that I wouldn't have access to. Unless someone with your phone can take a look the only other fix would be to install a new rom, which may not be possible. Sorry.
5th October 2014, 07:56 PM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M

Oh, stock then? It's probably some rom-specific code/app that I wouldn't have access to. Unless someone with your phone can take a look the only other fix would be to install a new rom, which may not be possible. Sorry.

Yeah, stock with root injected. I would go with a different SGS3 Rom if I knew of a good one that worked work t-mobile WiFi calling
5th October 2014, 08:08 PM |#19  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,543

More
Quote:

Yeah, stock with root injected. I would go with a different SGS3 Rom if I knew of a good one that worked work t-mobile WiFi calling

Hate to go off topic... But I think cm is either working... Or has done T-Mobile WiFi Calling...
6th October 2014, 02:34 AM |#20  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Thanks for this!!! I use GPS constantly for my job and this was driving me crazy.
8th October 2014, 01:41 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 300

More
Previous versions of the maps app had a "do not show again" check box, but Google removed it. Presumably this allows them to cash in on gathering more data on users by nagging them until they turn their wifi on all the time.

I'd get banned if I described my opinion of Google in any detail, so I'll just say "Thanks, Kevin!" Donation sent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barnabydog For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift barnabydog Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google maps, no map tips, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)