Notification Count badge for all Android versions
Shows a notification count badge on StatusBar icons providing a quantity.
Makes this badge customizable and extendable.
This module adds a badge with a number next to notification icons, when the notification has a quantity (e.g. messages).
This is a built-in Android functionality, this module works as enabler for this function.
See Xposed Repo information for details about the current features of the module.
You can download this mod from the Xposed Repo official website:
Alternatively, there is always an APK on GitHub tied to a release tag.
But for Download counting purposes, I would ask you to use the Xposed Repo if it's no problem for you.
Have fun with the module!
IMPORTANT. Please read.
Please do not report bugs like "Hey noob-dev, it doesn't work, bye.".
Always attach at least your Xposed log to an error report.
Also, additional information can never be bad. Android version, Xposed version, device/ROM; exact behavior when the error occurs (e.g. "No number badge is shown, on no notifications, neither on the debug notifications nor on any app's.").
This will make fixing easier, faster and better to understand for everybody in the thread maybe having the same issue.
- Fixed some Xposed errors on Marshmallow.
- Added secure lockscreen count.
- New app list engine.
- RAM management should be better.
- Loading time is a lot faster.
- The list is searchable.
- Switch to Material design on older devices, too; smaller UI changes.
- Added "Extract number from notification content".
- Fixed system integration on HTC Sense Lollipop devices.
- Added possibility to change alpha value of number badges.
- You can now adjust the notification badge style freely (color, size).
- You can now change the behavior of the 'Exception list' from blacklist to whitelist (again).
- The Notification Count settings can now be integrated into Android's notification long-click menu.
- Cancel test notifications before sending new ones, to apply appearance changes faster.
- Added Russian language (partially). Thanks GitHub user GromozavrStas.
- Added `auto-decide` feature:
- Automatically choose which way to use to fetch a number from a notification that does not provide a value by itself.
Use either the title, summary or update count for this purpose.
- Some apps that cause problems can be forced to use a specific way of the available ones.
- UI updates to fit those needs.
- Fixed bug that only let save whitelist items currently visible on screen.
- Added ability to hide launcher icon.
- New 'workaround' mode: Extract number from notification description.
This new mode only works on KitKat and later for now.
Only enable this for apps that provide a notification number in their notification's small description!Restart of version numbering.
Main changes against the old module:
- Added support for Lollipop.
- Added ability to customize number badge.
See https://github.com/woalk/NotifCount/...es/tag/v1.0-re for full version changes against the old module.
See the git tag description of this release (can be found under https://github.com/woalk/NotifCount/tags) for programmer-related changelog.
Author & Copyright Information
This module was first developed by GitHub user bbukowski.
His version was not updated since August 2014, and did not work on Lollipop.
I forked his repo and added my changes.
I added a pull request for my changes and will let him keep the 'right' ownership about this module if he wants to.
Look for README.md in my GitHub repo of this module for more information.
Notification Count, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/woalk/NotifCount
Xposed Package Name: com.woalk.apps.xposed.notifcount
Current Stable Version: v3.2
Stable Release Date: 2016-05-31
Last Updated 2016-06-02