FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][2013/09/06 1.00]Notification Direct Launcher

2,372 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,353

By itandy, Senior Member on 6th September 2013, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I use Tasker to disable keyguard when I'm home. It works fine until when a notification comes, such as Whatsapp, and you click the notification to launch the app. Keyguard will be displayed and requires you to unlock the phone. I believe it's a security measure that the phone think you're still in the lockscreen and launching an app inside the lockscreen requires unlocking the phone which makes sense.

But that security measure completely defects the purpose of disabling keyguard in the first place. So I make this Xposed module to bypass the keyguard completely when you tap on notification messages and keyguard is disabled.

Again this module is based on AOSP source code but it also work on my Xperia phone so I expect it to work on some other phones too. Just try and see if it works on yours.

Requirements
1. Your phone must be rooted
2. Xposed framework must be installed first http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1574401
3. Only JB or higher is supported

Instructions
  1. Install the module
  2. Run Xposed Installer and enable the module Avoid keyguard to display when launching notification activities if keyguard is disabled using 3rd party apps
  3. Reboot the phone

Source code
You can find source code for this module from GitHub here.

Download
Xposed Module Repository
Attached Files
File Type: apk NotificationDirectLauncher_1.00.apk - [Click for QR Code] (35.4 KB, 2371 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itandy Ad-Free

6th September 2013, 03:33 AM |#2  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 950

More
Thanks mate for this module. This is really useful.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
6th September 2013, 01:07 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Sorry but I do not understand what this module to and what do you mean by keyguard! Xperia z romaur

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th September 2013, 02:30 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshouki

Sorry but I do not understand what this module to and what do you mean by keyguard! Xperia z romaur

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Keyguard is what you find in system settings -> Security -> Screen lock. It can either be Swipe, Face Unlock, Pattern, PIN or Password.

Many people, like myself, use 3rd party app (e.g. Tasker) to temporarily disable the keyguard when in certain places, such as home, because you're not worried about unwanted access to your phone and unlocking your own phone each time you use it at home is kind of stupid, at least for me.

But the problem with this approach is that even the keyguard is disabled this way, when you tap any notification (e.g. Whatsapp message) in the status bar, the keyguard will appear immediately and even will continue to do so next time you turn your phone on. In other words, keyguard is reactivated again.

So this module is to bypass the reactivation of keyguard when you click the notification.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itandy Ad-Free
6th September 2013, 07:04 PM |#5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,865

Donate to Me
More
OK I kind of am a little confused lol.... So I have a GS4 and pin unlock pattern. Lets say I get a notification (text message lets say), and I have floating notifications, if I click on the floating notification bubble of the text message, I will not have to enter my pin # to unlock my device, it will just automatically unlock itself once I click on the notification, correct?? Thanks!
7th September 2013, 02:47 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

OK I kind of am a little confused lol.... So I have a GS4 and pin unlock pattern. Lets say I get a notification (text message lets say), and I have floating notifications, if I click on the floating notification bubble of the text message, I will not have to enter my pin # to unlock my device, it will just automatically unlock itself once I click on the notification, correct?? Thanks!

I believe Samsung has already changed the behavior of the notification. This module is only for AOSP or other ROM with similar behavior. One of my friend is using Note 2 and he uses Tasker to disable keyguard too. But tapping notification message does not trigger the keyguard in his phone so he does not need to use this mod too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itandy Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 04:58 PM |#7  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 777

More
The Module works fine, but i did find one Bug. If you use this Module, and try to use Halo, it won't work as it should. The Halo Apps will be opened in Full Screen, instead of a Floating Window. Im 100% sure that its caused by this Module, cause if you disable it an Reboot Halo works fine.
13th September 2013, 03:09 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-m-x

The Module works fine, but i did find one Bug. If you use this Module, and try to use Halo, it won't work as it should. The Halo Apps will be opened in Full Screen, instead of a Floating Window. Im 100% sure that its caused by this Module, cause if you disable it an Reboot Halo works fine.

Do you have a link to that Halo app? What does it do?
13th September 2013, 12:37 PM |#9  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 777

More
Halo is a part of Paranoid Android and a few other Custom Roms. Here is a Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdO9ZMwGHuw

In Short, its like Multitasking, an App within an App but inside a little Window. You will understand if you see the Video. I also dont see exactly how Halo is related to your Module but im sure it interferes.
The Following User Says Thank You to D-m-x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D-m-x Ad-Free
17th September 2013, 12:01 AM |#10  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi
I'm building a NFC unlock task, using xposed framework and your module to avoid pattern unlock temporarily.it worked, but the keyguard pattern comes as I press the home navkey.
Nexus 4 4.3 stock rom
17th September 2013, 04:48 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Hong Kong

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp0kin

Hi
I'm building a NFC unlock task, using xposed framework and your module to avoid pattern unlock temporarily.it worked, but the keyguard pattern comes as I press the home navkey.
Nexus 4 4.3 stock rom

I'm currently out of town and will only have access to my computer two weeks later. Will take a look when I'm back.

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)