FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+] Overflow Mod v1.1 [Dec-15-2013]

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 173

By UgglyNoodle, Junior Member on 10th December 2013, 05:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This module replaces the Holo overflow menu icon (three squares) in apps with a rounded version (three circles), as seen in the latest Google Search and Play Store apps. The modification will work on any app which inherits the Holo theme (which is a large proportion of apps). Apps which have their own custom overflow menu icon will not be affected.

Requires Ice Cream Sandwich or above with the Xposed framework installed.

You can grab the module from its Xposed Module Repository page.

Screenshots

Changelog

Dec-15-2013 v1.1:
● Added support for a few common apps that don't automatically use the Holo overflow icon (including Gmail, Chrome, Contacts, Dialer).

Dec-9-2013 v1.0:
● Initial release.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to UgglyNoodle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UgglyNoodle Ad-Free

10th December 2013, 06:04 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Simple but I like it
10th December 2013, 07:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
dont work u.u
Dont work in xperia Zl 4.2.2
10th December 2013, 10:06 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luixgo

Dont work in xperia Zl 4.2.2

As I mentioned, it doesn't work for every app. Did you try a few different apps? It should work in Hangouts and the Play Store, for example.
The Following User Says Thank You to UgglyNoodle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UgglyNoodle Ad-Free
11th December 2013, 12:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Nice! This increases consistency across apps/nav bar.
11th December 2013, 08:00 PM |#6  
Flag Los Santos
Thanks Meter: 419

Donate to Me
More
Good stuff, really minor but still worth it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
18th December 2013, 07:35 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Thumbs up
Works flawlessly on my tab running unofficial CM11, but support for Firefox browser and AOSP KitKat dialer would be nice.
18th December 2013, 08:58 AM |#8  
Flag Daegu
Thanks Meter: 7

More
What is the app name in 1st screenshot?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
26th December 2013, 07:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Work great for the most part. Issue I am having is in Google Music. If you got into a album or playlist the menu to shuffle is using white dots so you can't see the menu buttons. When I disable this mod the buttons are grey. So maybe this mod is not placing the correct colour buttons in? Of that is fixed I will use this mod again as I really like the look of it.

Great job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
27th December 2013, 08:44 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
I'm not sure how to replicate it, but sometimes, the overflow menu button will turn white when it needs to be gray. I think it happens after a rotation change or even returning to an app after using the recents menu.
29th December 2013, 08:04 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
This is a nice little module; really digging how it makes things more uniform with Google Now. I am getting the same bug as the others though, white on white in Play Music when you look at the currently playing song. Fortunately, you can still see the icon as the background is semi-transparent, so it doesn't bother me too much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)