PeerBlock For Android lets you control who your phone 'talks to' on the Internet.
By selecting appropriate lists of 'known bad' computers, you can block communication with advertising or spyware oriented servers,
computers monitoring your p2p activities, computers which have been 'hacked', even entire countries!
They can't get in to your phone, and your phone won't try to send them anything either.
And best of all, it's free!
Keep in mind that I'm not a member of the PeerBlock team, I just wanted PeerBlock for phone
You're able to grab the lists from iblocklist.com so you can start blocking those evil hosts
To add lists to PeerBlock create a new directory in the root of the sdcard (not external sdcard)
Called 'PeerBlockLists' here should be all the text files
Everytime you added a new/updated list to your PeerBlockLists please press the 'Rebuild cache blocklist' and reboot so that new hosts can be blocked
Root is required for XPosed to be installed
Use at your own risk!
WORK IN PROGRESS. WILL EAT YOUR CAT.
MOD EDIT : WARNING - Read entire thread before use, as well as comments on play store.
- Block million of hosts
- Add unlimited amount of block lists
- Allow HTTP/HTTPS Traffic when PeerBlock is enabled, this will make a security hole tho so better if u keep it off
- Block All Traffic (Paranoid Mode) every single application in android will not have internet
- Block DNS - Block DNS Requests
- Block the 'Ad' Keyword in host names to give a better success rate for blocking ad's
- Check if UDP is getting blocked
- Remove space used by Ad's
- Add MAC-Address filter white/black lists
- Show notifications (if enabled)
- Making the Ip Range check multi-core
- Create a blacklist/whitelist for apps to allow internet
- Blocklist updater/downloader
- Create a whitelist for hosts/Ip Addresses
- Root-Mode with IpTables (I will not remove XPosed from the project)
- Remove host from blocked hosts
- A popup window which shows allow/deny for establishing a connection
- Create history of created/blocked connections
- Check if other devices are compatible
- Blocklist for keywords in the HostName
How To Install
1. Install XPosed Framework
2. Install PeerBlock For Android
3. Create a directory in the sdcard called "PeerBlockLists"
4. Go into XPosed Framework Installer and enable "PeerBlock For Android"
5. Reboot your device
6. Now go to the website iblocklist.com
7. Take any list you wish for example, http://www.iblocklist.com/list.php?list=bt_ads
8. Press the Update button to download the list (or copy the Update URL into your browser to download it)
9. Now simply copy/paste the .txt file into the sdcard in the folder PeerBlockLists
10. Go into the PeerBlock app and tick "Block DNS" and "Block 'Ad' Keyword in the Host name"
11. Go to the second tab "Block Lists" now hit the "Rebuild cache blocklist"
12. Reboot your device and enjoy
How to block the goverment
1. Go to your sdcard and open the folder 'PeerBlock'
2. Open the file HostNames.txt (if not exist create it)
3. Write this in the file ".gov"
4. Save the file and be sure you have Block DNS enabled!
5. Any goverment website should be blocked
1.00: Initial creation and upload of the app
1.01: Fixed App crash when PeerBlockLists directory did not exist
1.02: Changed the required API SDK to 14, Added a progress window for rebuilding the cache and some minor bug fixes
Fixed DNS/Connection counters
Fixed double icons
Memory leak fix
Added history, system apps included (no root required)
Created CSV Format for saving settings
Apps with abnormal I/O behavior will get no internet
Updated error handling in rebuilding the cache list
Block hosts/subnet/ip from the history
App will be shown now in the 'Last Blocked Host'
Added comma's at the 'Blocking xx Ips' to read it better
Hooking a extra API if some rooted apps are calling it directly
Added to changelogs and about scrollbars
Scripts people made:
- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=87&nocache=1 Update the iBlockLists - by c0ns0le
Tell your opinion, Share the bugs you find.
How to download:
Find PeerBlock in the google play store by simply searching for "PeerBlock" or "PeerBlock for Android" or click this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.peerblock
I removed downloads from the attachments so people need to grab it from the play store as it will give me all the error reports and total downloads
If the above methods for downloading don't work please contact me
Question's and Answers
Question: Can I use this together with adaway ?
Answer: Yes you can.
Question: Does PeerBlock modifies the hosts file?
Answer: No it does not.
Question: Why does nothing gets blocked?
Answer: Most likely you disabled the option "Block DNS"
Source code: https://github.com/AnguisCaptor/PeerBlockForAndroid
If you want to contact me for anything or just a chat you can add me at skype using this e-mail or just e-mail me, [email protected]