490 posts
Thanks Meter: 641

By Xspeed, Senior Member on 22nd January 2014, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th August 2019, 12:26 PM |#1351  
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
Something is wrong. I uploaded the screenshot with my folder /cache. It is almost empty. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190814-142400_ES_File_Explorer.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	4805897

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

14th August 2019, 12:36 PM |#1352  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Okay, either you didn't activate the module, or your installation is wrong. Are you using the latest EdXposed build from CI? The latest "stable" can cause new modules to not load.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 01:03 PM |#1353  

Donate to Me
More
Thanks. Please take a look. All other modules are activated and are working.
I also attached the status and version of EdXposed.
Thank you for your prompt support!
BR,
A
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190814-145006_EdXposed_Installer.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	4805906Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190814-072524_EdXposed_Installer.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	4805907

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
14th August 2019, 03:07 PM |#1354  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspeed

Okay, so that's one promise delivered.
Physical Button Master Control (name change!) version 4.1 confusing1 went live.

Thanks for the release. Pretty awesome new features. I think I actually prefer this UI. Reminds me of a horizontal AutoMagic.

Torch seems to crash the app though. Tried multiple key combos, everytime I fire it turns on the torch but then it crashes the app. The few other actions I've tried seem to be working but I haven't had a lot of time to test I've added some logs trying the torch a few times with long press vol > torch. The torch comes on, then app crashes 1 or 2 seconds later.
I tried clear data/cache, then re-installed it, then tried re-installing as system app but same results.

I also can't grab the handle to delete chains, but I had the same problem with the old version. Is there any alternative way to do this?

Device is Moto G6, Pie, edXposed v0.4.5.1_beta
https://pastebin.com/5Kan754B
14th August 2019, 05:09 PM |#1355  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Thank u very much man!!
I loved this app back then in KitKat days......
It is finally updated😁
14th August 2019, 07:06 PM |#1356  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplatfus

Thanks. Please take a look. All other modules are activated and are working.
I also attached the status and version of EdXposed.
Thank you for your prompt support!

I was right, you are using an old version. I am using EdXposed v0.4.5.5_beta(4468). It has many old issues fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D412

Thanks for the release. Pretty awesome new features. I think I actually prefer this UI. Reminds me of a horizontal AutoMagic.

Torch seems to crash the app though. Tried multiple key combos, everytime I fire it turns on the torch but then it crashes the app. The few other actions I've tried seem to be working but I haven't had a lot of time to test I've added some logs trying the torch a few times with long press vol > torch. The torch comes on, then app crashes 1 or 2 seconds later.
I tried clear data/cache, then re-installed it, then tried re-installing as system app but same results.

It seems from the logs you need to whitelist PBMC from battery optimizations in phone settings.
I'll need to look into it for the next version, so users won't have to do it manually.

Quote:

I also can't grab the handle to delete chains, but I had the same problem with the old version. Is there any alternative way to do this?

You mean you can't grab the thing on the left of the chain name? That sounds really weird, it uses only Google-crafted components, I believed they would be free of issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar2005

Thank u very much man!!
I loved this app back then in KitKat days......
It is finally updated

Glad to know people still want to use this
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 07:31 PM |#1357  
Thanks Meter: 399

More
I was right, you are using an old version. I am using EdXposed v0.4.5.5_beta(4468). It has many old issues fixed.

Why they don't update it also on magisk manager?U have any link?I notice with current version,apps take some time to load and they aren't kept in memory.
14th August 2019, 09:28 PM |#1358  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

It seems from the logs you need to whitelist PBMC from battery optimizations in phone settings.
I'll need to look into it for the next version, so users won't have to do it manually.

You mean you can't grab the thing on the left of the chain name? That sounds really weird, it uses only Google-crafted components, I believed they would be free of issues.

A 2nd reboot fixed the handle grab and delete.

re: the torch, I changed it to "not optimized", rebooted, cleared data/cache again, similar behavior. I don't have Greenify activated or anything that would be messing with it outside of the standard Android optimization. It's not a big deal for me, it works fine using external>launch shortcut>Tasker task with "torch toggle". Just in case I've attached another log after changing it to not optimized, though to my untrained eye I don't see a mention of crash like the first log.

One other question, I still can't seem to pick up the vol up/down or pressing both at same time for Google Assistant on my bluetooth headphones, would that be an issue with my headset not the app?

Hope I don't come off as complaining, I'm not, I'm super grateful.

https://pastebin.com/hqa68Tyy
15th August 2019, 12:00 AM |#1359  
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks Meter: 1,459

More
Quote:

Glad to know people still want to use this

custom button mapping is always a thing people will long for
ever considered making this into a custom rom feature? i mean, you obviously know where in the Android framework you need to change things to achieve what you do.
15th August 2019, 01:16 AM |#1360  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos25k

Why they don't update it also on magisk manager?U have any link?I notice with current version,apps take some time to load and they aren't kept in memory.

The newest snapshot version is https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Elde...9960/artifacts
The newest "stabler" version is https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by D412

re: the torch, I changed it to "not optimized", rebooted, cleared data/cache again, similar behavior. I don't have Greenify activated or anything that would be messing with it outside of the standard Android optimization. It's not a big deal for me, it works fine using external>launch shortcut>Tasker task with "torch toggle". Just in case I've attached another log after changing it to not optimized, though to my untrained eye I don't see a mention of crash like the first log.

The log this time doesn't show any errors, so the torch SHOULD be working. If it still doesn't work, I am going to need LogCat output from you trying to launch the torch to investigate.

Quote:

One other question, I still can't seem to pick up the vol up/down or pressing both at same time for Google Assistant on my bluetooth headphones, would that be an issue with my headset not the app?

It isn't picked up by key test in the app? Can you send what is the model of your headset?

Quote:

Hope I don't come off as complaining, I'm not, I'm super grateful.

No problem, this is a support thread and I am here to help after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshmoun

custom button mapping is always a thing people will long for
ever considered making this into a custom rom feature? i mean, you obviously know where in the Android framework you need to change things to achieve what you do.

Sorry, I've never been a fan of custom roms, I consider the freedom Xposed provides superior.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 05:55 AM |#1361  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Many thanks. You were right. I did the update to v0.4.5.5_beta(4468) and now I have the logs.
I also except PBMC from battery optimisation.
Could you please take a look when you have time? https://pastebin.com/Lhe3WVVh
Thank you so much,
A
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
media, mod, music, player, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)