[JB][P] Physical Button Master Control 4.1 confusing2

495 posts
Thanks Meter: 648

By Xspeed, Senior Member on 22nd January 2014, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2014, 12:08 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, yes I did it. I use Poweramp, does it depends on the music app?

26th January 2014, 12:11 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Thank u for this useful mod.
In my opinion, it'd be nice to add an option, which is not directly related to media control, but surely concerns the extended usability of the hardware buttons: the possibility of controlling the pointer in the text fields with volume buttons just, like they were keyboard arrows (left/right or right/left, depending on i.e. user choice / hardware buttons placement / current screen rotation... ).
Similiar mod has been included in Xblast Tools (btw it is the only Xblast mod which I really use, would be great if I can finally uninstall whole Xblast)...
That one makes writing much lot easier, believe me, as you do not have to aim with your finger at 1mm gap between letters if you find out that you made a mistake, which - at least for me - is the one of the most annoying issues of touch screens (and on-screen keyboard apps...) in general.
I find it a good idea, as the mods related to a greater utilization of hardware buttons would be aggregated in one xposed module, then.

Would be glad if you at least consider above idea ;]

Thx for a great job.
26th January 2014, 12:39 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard22

Nice work man!
Work's like a charm on my Note 2.
But I have an question:
I currently have two media players (BeyondPod for podcasts, Poweramp for music) and I can't control the BeyondPod music player with this module.
Could you please make that module 'remember' which player I used the last time or/and set which player can be controlled with your app?
That would really make the app even more awesome and useful because I currently listen to a lot of podcast and would like to control it with your app.
Keep the great work on!

I'm afraid that's not possible, as this mod is only sending the media signals and it's up to the phone how to handle them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoid

doesn't work yet.i've attached the xposed debug log,if it helps you.

Yeah, I really don't have a <4.0 phone, but this time I've thoroughly compared the APIs and it seems I've underestimated the differences. Next version will surely work, but it's gonna take a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscro

This apps sounds good and will be a replacement of heaset button controller...

then request from me :

• ability to use call/uncall from headset (maybe already work but only read news from Portal)
• ability to manage sound when headset is enable (like when music start, sound start @ 20%)
• ability to use TTS to know who call you, like read name is available
• ability to bypass longress on HTC and 4.x android rom (google now )

And if you can do that, i will be happy to make you a prez and icon app... deal or not ??

I don't really get what you meant by "sound start @ 20%", but about the rest... this mod is supposed to control the media only. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imanskoi

Can you also add the headset button(s) as a set of key? if possible. .

This may come in handy when phone is in our pocket. heheh

Anyways, Thanks for this one.

Yeah, it's totally going to be added. But, as I see in the Android API, headsets have only one button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashineGun

Yep would be great to have long press on prev/next on headset to control volume thank you for great work looks very good

Headsets can have multiple buttons? It that headset USB or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoRngear

Thanks man for this handy module. However I cannot make my S3's capacitive Menu and/or Back buttons work to pause the music. It works flawlessly with other buttons. Another thing is if I made the home button to play/pause the music I just cannot use the Home button to wake the phone up whether the headphones are plugged in or not and in any other state.

Well, those buttons were requested for phones that didn't have a camera key. The keys are working ONLY when they are physical (as the title suggests). As for the home key, my phone don't have a physical home key, so I'll need to investigate more thoroughly to find the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyashaxp

Poorly it don't work on my HTC Desire S with Android 4.03
By pressing the volume up and down button still the volume change only.
Framework installed, module activated in framework and restarted twice. Don't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuyashaxp

Hey, yes I did it. I use Poweramp, does it depends on the music app?

It seems that it does depend on the way the app handles the media signals. If it doesn't at all, then it won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esgie

Thank u for this useful mod.
In my opinion, it'd be nice to add an option, which is not directly related to media control, but surely concerns the extended usability of the hardware buttons: the possibility of controlling the pointer in the text fields with volume buttons just, like they were keyboard arrows (left/right or right/left, depending on i.e. user choice / hardware buttons placement / current screen rotation... ).
Similiar mod has been included in Xblast Tools (btw it is the only Xblast mod which I really use, would be great if I can finally uninstall whole Xblast)...
That one makes writing much lot easier, believe me, as you do not have to aim with your finger at 1mm gap between letters if you find out that you made a mistake, which - at least for me - is the one of the most annoying issues of touch screens (and on-screen keyboard apps...) in general.
I find it a good idea, as the mods related to a greater utilization of hardware buttons would be aggregated in one xposed module, then.

Would be glad if you at least consider above idea ;]

Thx for a great job.

Maybe I could start another mod for handling physical buttons for other purposes, yes, but this mod is supposed to be media control only. Sorry.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xspeed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xspeed Ad-Free
26th January 2014, 01:37 PM |#34  
Flag 23.7000° N, 90.3750° E
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XspeedPL

Yeah, I really don't have a <4.0 phone, but this time I've thoroughly compared the APIs and it seems I've underestimated the differences. Next version will surely work, but it's gonna take a while.

no problem.take your time,at least you are supporting GB users.that's enough!

p.s. i think this will help you a bit.
https://github.com/liudongmiao/XposedGBModule
The Following User Says Thank You to killoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift killoid Ad-Free
26th January 2014, 03:47 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Gravitybox does have this feature too but somehow it didnt work on my LG G2..

Your mod works great and im happy, thanks
26th January 2014, 04:00 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Will it be possible to add pressing both volume up and down to simulate play/pause? I have an HTC one so no keys at all. Thanks
26th January 2014, 04:08 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

I'm afraid that's not possible, as this mod is only sending the media signals and it's up to the phone how to handle them.

I don't really get what you meant by "sound start @ 20%", but about the rest... this mod is supposed to control the media only. Sorry.

Yeah, it's totally going to be added. But, as I see in the Android API, headsets have only one button?

Headsets can have multiple buttons? It that headset USB or what?

Well, those buttons were requested for phones that didn't have a camera key. The keys are working ONLY when they are physical (as the title suggests). As for the home key, my phone don't have a physical home key, so I'll need to investigate more thoroughly to find the cause.

It seems that it does depend on the way the app handles the media signals. If it doesn't at all, then it won't work.

Maybe I could start another mod for handling physical buttons for other purposes, yes, but this mod is supposed to be media control only. Sorry.

If I disable the headset controls for Poweramp BeyondPod starts and works great with your mod.
But of course I use my headset controls for Poweramp =/.
Well at least I have found an workaround for this problem.
26th January 2014, 05:11 PM |#38  
Quote:

hi, thx for answer... anyway i m talking about when you plugged headset sound is reset to a specific level... then you can manage to start volume to 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 or 100... really usefull tweaks...

cheers
26th January 2014, 05:23 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahm.elghazaly

Will it be possible to add pressing both volume up and down to simulate play/pause? I have an HTC one so no keys at all. Thanks

I'm going to add the power button instead as a possible button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscro

hi, thx for answer... anyway i m talking about when you plugged headset sound is reset to a specific level... then you can manage to start volume to 20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 or 100... really usefull tweaks...
cheers

So, when the music starts the volume is set to a specified level? I think I can do that.
26th January 2014, 05:29 PM |#40  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,126

More
Quote:

I'm going to add the power button instead as a possible button.

So, when the music starts the volume is set to a specified level? I think I can do that.

Please add search button instead of camera..

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 05:40 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Dear "XspeedPL" unfortunately we are limited to 8 thanks per day only otherwise i would have kept thanking you for the every post, that you've put with changelog, of your module.

Today i had decided to look for a headphone with forward and rewind button you just saved me a lot of headache. You have saved millions of music lovers lives. Also, every other free app available on play store, has been tried by me, for the same but all have failed. Hope this one works on my rooted Samsung Galaxy Pocket 5300, Gingerbread 2.3.6

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
media, mod, music, player, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)