Currently this mod may not work on some Android 4.4 ROMs. Support for wider range of Android 4.4 ROMs most likely will be added in future.
Technically it works by attaching to Camera, Focal and some other apps (for full list see below), hooking getExternalStorageDirectory() and getExternalStoragePublicDirectory() Android system methods and making them return path to external SD card (first colon separated part of SECONDARY_STORAGE environment variable). Simply saying - this mod makes Camera and Focal apps to treat external SD card as internal.
Pictures2SD usually doesn't affect Camera applications that have built-in ability to save pictures/videos to external SD card.
This mod requires Xposed framework to be set up and Pictures2SD enabled as Xposed module.
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that may happen as a result of using this mod.
I will be glad to hear any reviews (please also provide information on what ROM the mod was tested).
Pictures2SD has been tested on Samsung Galaxy S3 running CM 10.2.0 (actually it was created for CM 10.2 nightlies). If this mod doesn't work on your device/ROM, please follow tips in troubleshooting section to report the issue.
Full list of supported apps (and package names):
* Camera (com.android.gallery3d, com.google.android.gallery3d, com.android.camera2, com.google.android.GoogleCamera)
* Focal (org.cyanogenmod.focal, fr.xplod.focal)
* Snapseed (com.niksoftware.snapseed)
* Instagram (com.instagram.android)
* PixtoCam (com.pixtogram.wear.zicam)
* Added support for PixtoCam ("com.pixtogram.wear.zicam").
* Code refactoring.
* Improved APK size (by removing unused v4 Support Library).
* Made open-source.
* Added support for Instagram ("com.instagram.android") due to user's request.
* Added support for KitKat camera ("com.android.camera2" and "com.google.android.GoogleCamera").
v 1.0.4 (unreleased)
* Added support for Snapseed ("com.niksoftware.snapseed") due to user's request.
* Added support for new package name of Focal ("fr.xplod.focal").
* Fixed compatibility with ROMs having Camera package name "com.google.android.gallery3d".
* Fixed compatibility issues with ROMs having more than one secondary storage.
* Initial release.
1. Check whether Camera app of your ROM supports storing pictures on external SD card out of the box (usually this can be enabled under Settings -> More Options -> Storage). If there is such an option, there is no need to use Pictures2SD (except for third party applications).
2. Open Xposed Installer and ensure that Xposed framework is installed and Pictures2SD is enabled as Xposed module. Please note, that after installing Xposed framework or enabling Xposed module it is required to reboot the device.
3. If Pictures2SD still doesn't work, please reproduce the problem, and post in this thread (along with description of the problem) name/model of your device, name of ROM it is running (if possible also link where the ROM was downloaded) and output of the following commands
su mount logcat -d | grep Pictures2SD echo $SECONDARY_STORAGE