FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+] Power Nap for Xposed - Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 804

By waylaidwanderer, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from waylaidwanderer: Power Nap for Xposed is a replacement for Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!
10th April 2015, 11:55 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

Yes, I can theoretically support all the way down to Gingerbread, but I wanted to start off with a smaller audience because I can't test with any older devices yet. But I'll definitely be adding Jellybean support soon!

Awesome

Looking forward to it

10th April 2015, 12:05 PM |#12  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 914

More
I am not discouraging your work but isn't it quite similar to Amplify?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atulclassic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift atulclassic Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:09 PM |#13  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 865

More
Can you give another method for downloading the app since I am allergic to Google+?
10th April 2015, 12:16 PM |#14  
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic

^This. Was just about to ask that.
10th April 2015, 12:16 PM |#15  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 865

More
Quote:

It may be similar, yes but Amplify works differently. In Amplify, you choose to disable/control things and in the hands of noobs, it can lead to bootloops. Here, the Dev chooses the things that can be stopped and being a Dev, he is experienced and knows what he is doing. In addition, Amplify works 24/7 whereas this app will work only when screen is off.
Plus this has a white list which will help you to decide what to allow.
I like the concept and would like to try it if the Dev offers another method of downloading the app.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tnsmani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tnsmani Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:18 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:

no totally different... stamina mode on sony stock roms it's more similar to leandroid or Deep Sleep Battery Saver app (screen goes off and traffic and other process go sleep)... but without loosing any notification of whitelisted apps...
The Following User Says Thank You to ..::Matr!x::.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ..::Matr!x::.. Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:36 PM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Matr!x::..

no totally different... stamina mode on sony stock roms it's more similar to leandroid or Deep Sleep Battery Saver app (screen goes off and traffic and other process go sleep)... but without loosing any notification of whitelisted apps...

Which leads into the next question, can this be safely used alongside Greenify or is it redundant?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SyCoREAPER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SyCoREAPER Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:38 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Amplify allows wakelocks/alarms on a schedule (every 5 minutes while the screen is off), and uses a blacklist as opposed to a whitelist. Power Nap stops the wakelock/service/alarm from waking up the phone at all. I'm not sure if you can blacklist a specific app with Amplify, but with Power Nap you're able to control which apps are whitelisted, and any service/wakelock/alarm belonging to a non-whitelisted app will be blocked.

Plus I'll be adding more features to make it a general power-saving app as well, so look out for that soon!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to waylaidwanderer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waylaidwanderer Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:41 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCoREAPER

Which leads into the next question, can this be safely used alongside Greenify or is it redundant?

Greenify hibernates apps while the screen is off, but I believe with Greenify you can hibernate apps while the screen is on as well(aka phone is in use). Power Nap only "hibernates" when the screen is off. So depending on what you use it for, you can either get rid of Greenify or keep it. But even if you use it alongside each other, it shouldn't have any ill effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

Can you give another method for downloading the app since I am allergic to Google+?

The only reason I'm using G+ is because the app is in very early alpha (while it works, it's not pretty and Endurance Mode is the only feature right now). By joining the community and then downloading the app through the Play Store, I'll be able to get basic statistics (no GAnalytics yet) and crash reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSang

Hey guy . It looks great ! But I can't find and download it . I joined your community and become a tester . But Google says : " We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server. "

It might take a while for it to show up for you. It did the same to me when I tried to view it in the Play Store at first!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waylaidwanderer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waylaidwanderer Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:47 PM |#20  
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Some modules do work over 5.1 with the Xposed SUPER ALPHA, does this one works? if someone tried, plz share with us
10th April 2015, 12:48 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

I believe with Greenify you can hibernate apps while the screen is on (aka phone is in use), but Power Nap only "hibernates" when the screen is off. So depending on what you use it for, you can either get rid of Greenify or keep it. But even if you use it alongside each other, it shouldn't have any ill effects.

Greenify Hibernates when the screen is off as well. I just want to clarify before I try and I am sure others will ask as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, doze, power nap, stamina mode, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)