FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+] Power Nap for Xposed - Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 804

By waylaidwanderer, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from waylaidwanderer: Power Nap for Xposed is a replacement for Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!
26th May 2018, 05:14 PM |#2241  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by superzanti

Anyone know if this works on Oreo?

EDIT:
I tested it and it does not. Is there any way we could get an update?

Usually people could get it from xposed repo or playstore or in G+

20th June 2018, 05:12 PM |#2242  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
It works for me on Nougat 7.1.2 Custom Rom.
YOU will need to have That one feature activated that lights up your screen when a new message arrives. Then power nap won't cause a screen off death.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzanti

Anyone know if this works on Oreo?

EDIT:
I tested it and it does not. Is there any way we could get an update?

If works on resurrection remix oreo.

Tried on newest oreo roms. It works fine if the rom has screen notification lighting up feature in it. Ambient display or something it is called.
5th July 2018, 01:20 AM |#2243  
Flag Seremban
Thanks Meter: 92

Donate to Me
More
i use power nap years ago. now using oreo and because of banking apps. i skipped xposed too.

wondering if forcedoze and naptime do the samething as power nap right now?
24th July 2018, 11:21 AM |#2244  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolyric

i use power nap years ago. now using oreo and because of banking apps. i skipped xposed too.

wondering if forcedoze and naptime do the samething as power nap right now?

They don't. They only activate the doze feature and wakelocks still come through. Whereas power nap blocks all wakelocks when the screen is off, unless you whitelist apps.
Some system apps are always whitelist right from the start, eg. Clock, phone, SMS, greenify

Also for those wondering:
Power nap works on every one which has the ambient display feature activated.
Also make sure to whitelist all apps that might you might use after the screen is off.
Music players for example. Your third party phone apps

Good alternatives are servicely and greenify.
Greenify apps that you need notifications from.
Servicely kills apps you don't need any from.
There is also a wakelock blocker app on the play store but it is still in beta. Might work for some, might not
2nd August 2018, 12:44 PM |#2245  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I tried power nap version 0.7 and version 0.8.1 but both of them sometimes reboots phone.
I have xiaomi mi max 32GB-Miui 9 china beta 8.4.26-android 7.0
Please help me
2nd August 2018, 01:16 PM |#2246  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,771

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprince2007

I tried power nap version 0.7 and version 0.8.1 but both of them sometimes reboots phone.
I have xiaomi mi max 32GB-Miui 9 china beta 8.4.26-android 7.0
Please help me

Behavior that has been observed by many. Likely you don't need this app; doze manages background behavior just fine without 'helpers'.
2nd August 2018, 01:33 PM |#2247  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Behavior that has been observed by many. Likely you don't need this app; doze manages background behavior just fine without 'helpers'.

Is there any alternative?
I want an app like ultra stamina mode that can disable all wakelocks and notification -no calls-no messages (Tablet mode)
2nd August 2018, 01:53 PM |#2248  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Is there any alternative?
I want an app like ultra stamina mode that can disable all wakelocks and notification -no calls-no messages (Tablet mode)

Probably not. There are a handful of 'hacks' that attempt to limit/block everything but they usually introduce more problems than benefit. It is generally best to use the controls native to your ROM and apps to quiesce interruptions. Wakelock management is generally not needed on Android 6+. Greenify remains a decent option if you encounter an app that does not respond well to doze. In most cases it's better to simply use a different app that is more considerate in its behaviors (eg: Facebook Lite vs Facebook).
2nd August 2018, 02:15 PM |#2249  

More
Quote:

Probably not. There are a handful of 'hacks' that attempt to limit/block everything but they usually introduce more problems than benefit. It is generally best to use the controls native to your ROM and apps to quiesce interruptions. Wakelock management is generally not needed on Android 6+. Greenify remains a decent option if you encounter an app that does not respond well to doze. In most cases it's better to simply use a different app that is more considerate in its behaviors (eg: Facebook Lite vs Facebook).

I have these alarms in Betterbatterystats:
android alarms:
Deviceidlecontroller.deep (959)
Deviceidlecontroller.light (380)
WifiConnectivityManager Schedule Periodic Scan Timer 150
Can you help me stopping these alarms,please?
2nd August 2018, 02:38 PM |#2250  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I have these alarms in Betterbatterystats:
android alarms:
Deviceidlecontroller.deep (959)
Deviceidlecontroller.light (380)
WifiConnectivityManager Schedule Periodic Scan Timer 150
Can you help me stopping these alarms,please?

Alarms and wakelocks are not evil!. There is no need to control/limit/stop the items you reference without supporting evidence that they are detrimental to battery endurance or some other characteristic of normal device operation. The best way to determine that is to perform an idle study. In a nutshell, if your device does not exhibit excessive drain during screen-off operations then nothing needs to be done. An average falloff rate of 0.5-0.8%/hr is considered 'normal'.
2nd August 2018, 02:49 PM |#2251  

More
Quote:

Alarms and wakelocks are not evil!. There is no need to control/limit/stop the items you reference without supporting evidence they are detrimental to battery endurance or some other characteristic of normal device operation. The best way to determine that is to perform an idle study. In a nutshell, if your device does not exhibit excessive drain during screen-off operations then nothing needs to be done. An average falloff rate of 0.5-0.8%/hr is considered 'normal'.

My device battery drains 4% in 7 hours or more(in idle mode)
Please just tell how to block these alarms??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, doze, power nap, stamina mode, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)