FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+] Power Nap for Xposed - Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 804
 
By waylaidwanderer, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from waylaidwanderer: Power Nap for Xposed is a replacement for Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!
10th February 2019, 02:31 PM |#2261  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Blocking alarms/wakelocks is a fool's errand as neither are evil in isolation. What the receiver (typically and app) does with that information determines whether the outcome is good (desired behavior), bad or benign. Wakelock counters/haters are often ignorant to the way Android really works.

So, you're saying one should drop PN entirely, and let android decide.
It may seems wise, but what about all other apps around, which are supposed to improve the system, are they useless as well?. Since I rooted my Note 4, back in 2015, I always used these system patching utilities. But may be it's time to drop them all, now that android 8 and 9 now can do much of it. Is this what you are saying? If so, would mean we have reached the perfect OS.

For me, I'll keep using those great utils devs keep coding, in order for us to try to avoid the system to suck our our battery. And PN and Greenify are wonderful utils for that, even though one should learn carefully how to use them. That's why I have a rooted phone.

Sent from my SM-A605FN using Tapatalk
10th February 2019, 03:30 PM |#2262  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,350
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1jker

So, you're saying one should drop PN entirely, and let android decide.

Yep - with very few exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1jker

It may seems wise, but what about all other apps around, which are supposed to improve the system, are they useless as well?.

Ignorance is bliss. Yes, there are a few edge cases where a tweak or two from one of these toolboxes may be beneficial. Few and far between on most modern ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1jker

Since I rooted my Note 4, back in 2015, I always used these system patching utilities. But may be it's time to drop them all, now that android 8 and 9 now can do much of it. Is this what you are saying? If so, would mean we have reached the perfect OS.

Perfection is in the eyes of the beholder. That said, from a power consumption perspective Android 7+ does a pretty good job on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1jker

For me, I'll keep using those great utils devs keep coding, in order for us to try to avoid the system to suck our our battery. And PN and Greenify are wonderful utils for that, even though one should learn carefully how to use them. That's why I have a rooted phone.

Suit yourself. Greenify is still beneficial to quiet apps that have received your permission to be vocal but you'd like more granular control. In contrast, PN is just asking for instability.
13th February 2019, 08:11 PM |#2263  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I think I figured it out how to use this app on android oreo(if you're facing black screen or no phone wakelock or other problems) (I have blackview bv9500 pro oreo 8.1) First install older version to gain root access via magisk
After restart prepare your whitelist (i white listed Android system as well)
After install latest version of Power nap
After install notific and setup (handles notifications perfectly) everything you need
Now this part is tricky
Since power nap causes black screen we need to block this app from accessing sensors. Also we need to block sensors from phone services, call management, and other sensor using apps
Assuming you have xposed installed already
Go to play store install XPrivacyLua and XPrivacyLua pro
Activate from xposed
Restart your phone
Now open XPrivacyLua pro
Click manage hook definitions
Click cloud download
And search for power manager and download both of them
Now go back to main screen of XPrivacyLua pro and activate
Fif and privacy
Restart your phone
Open XPrivacyLua and click power nap activate the "use proximity wakelock"
Now click phone app from the list activate the use proximity wakelock as well
Now go up and search for phone and activate the use proximity wakelock for phone services and phone messaging
Restart your phone and enjoy the power nap on Android oreo!
This is my second day on testing and it perfectly works. I'm open to new suggestions as well.
Screenshots :
https://i.imgur.com/FdmrY0H.png
https://i.imgur.com/v6Uwpat.png
https://i.imgur.com/M1dHMnI.png
https://i.imgur.com/ABug9au.png
https://i.imgur.com/p78OQHO.png
https://i.imgur.com/GQxdPCz.png
https://i.imgur.com/EnnzLXG.png
https://i.imgur.com/mXz9tcD.png
https://i.imgur.com/KwEjTXa.png

Edit: i also tried with different method and its working.
Install any ambient display app from app store (i tried with always on edge app) and do the sensor and XPrivacyLua work i mentioned above and enjoy the power nap. Please confirm me if any of these methods work for you. Thanks
Edit2: I now removed android system from whitelist and testing like that. Will post results here in few days.
Edit3: it's been 24 hours and there's no problem so far
Tweaks i did : blocked sensors with XPrivacyLua from call management, phone and dialer, power nap and installed always on edge ambient display. Power nap working flawlessly now. I saved %40 more battery since yesterday. Checked with GSam battery. No blackscreen or misbehavior whatsoever.
EDIT4: i don't have any problem using power nap even blocked everything including android system. I now enabled sensor Blocker for all apps from XPrivacyLua (except always on edge) . So far no problem. This is it guys i find out how to use power nap and i can enjoy with my phone without useless idle battery drains. Tested this method over a week now.
The Following User Says Thank You to kanadali For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kanadali Ad-Free
15th February 2019, 03:07 AM |#2264  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprince2007

My device battery drains 4% in 7 hours or more(in idle mode)
Please just tell how to block these alarms??

Could you please try my methods above and confirm if it's working or not? Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzanti

Anyone know if this works on Oreo?

EDIT:
I tested it and it does not. Is there any way we could get an update?

Could you please try and confirm if any of these methods i mentioned above work for you? Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobannavn

Clock alarm is not working, I get a blackscreen. Help

Could you please try and confirm if any of these methods i mentioned above work for you? Thank you

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by andray750

You're right!! New Version "net.jzhang.powernap_v9_38ab23.apk" works also for me.
But is it the same version of GooglePlay "v0.8.1a" ? 0.8v doesn't work for me (that was long time available on Playstore) and i never had the idea to look in the mentioned community-thread. what a shame.

Could you please try and confirm if any of these methods i mentioned above work for you? Thank you
8th June 2019, 01:39 PM |#2265  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 151
 
More
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadali

I think I figured it out how to use this app on android oreo(if you're facing black screen or no phone wakelock or other problems) (I have blackview bv9500 pro oreo 8.1) First install older version to gain root access via magisk
After restart prepare your whitelist (i white listed Android system as well)
After install latest version of Power nap
After install notific and setup (handles notifications perfectly) everything you need
Now this part is tricky
Since power nap causes black screen we need to block this app from accessing sensors. Also we need to block sensors from phone services, call management, and other sensor using apps
Assuming you have xposed installed already
Go to play store install XPrivacyLua and XPrivacyLua pro
Activate from xposed
Restart your phone
Now open XPrivacyLua pro
Click manage hook definitions
Click cloud download
And search for power manager and download both of them
Now go back to main screen of XPrivacyLua pro and activate
Fif and privacy
Restart your phone
Open XPrivacyLua and click power nap activate the "use proximity wakelock"
Now click phone app from the list activate the use proximity wakelock as well
Now go up and search for phone and activate the use proximity wakelock for phone services and phone messaging
Restart your phone and enjoy the power nap on Android oreo!
This is my second day on testing and it perfectly works. I'm open to new suggestions as well.
Screenshots :
https://i.imgur.com/FdmrY0H.png
https://i.imgur.com/v6Uwpat.png
https://i.imgur.com/M1dHMnI.png
https://i.imgur.com/ABug9au.png
https://i.imgur.com/p78OQHO.png
https://i.imgur.com/GQxdPCz.png
https://i.imgur.com/EnnzLXG.png
https://i.imgur.com/mXz9tcD.png
https://i.imgur.com/KwEjTXa.png

Edit: i also tried with different method and its working.
Install any ambient display app from app store (i tried with always on edge app) and do the sensor and XPrivacyLua work i mentioned above and enjoy the power nap. Please confirm me if any of these methods work for you. Thanks
Edit2: I now removed android system from whitelist and testing like that. Will post results here in few days.
Edit3: it's been 24 hours and there's no problem so far
Tweaks i did : blocked sensors with XPrivacyLua from call management, phone and dialer, power nap and installed always on edge ambient display. Power nap working flawlessly now. I saved %40 more battery since yesterday. Checked with GSam battery. No blackscreen or misbehavior whatsoever.
EDIT4: i don't have any problem using power nap even blocked everything including android system. I now enabled sensor Blocker for all apps from XPrivacyLua (except always on edge) . So far no problem. This is it guys i find out how to use power nap and i can enjoy with my phone without useless idle battery drains. Tested this method over a week now.

This method works great. I'm on Oreo RR.
You just have to make sure that you tick use proximity wakelock for other apps like WhatsApp and telegram.

Edit: Phone still gets black screen.
Method only works for some time and is too buggy.

Edit2: Working in Oreo - Pie Roms. Though I have installed greenify, naptime,amplify and servicely to deal with this stuff. Getting almost less than 1%idle drain with WiFi,gps on.
2nd October 2019, 07:15 PM |#2266  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Dude tbh im confusing, which better version? V 0.8a / V 0.7 / V 0.7a?
3rd October 2019, 03:28 PM |#2267  
zputnyq's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 207
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrialubis

Dude tbh im confusing, which better version? V 0.8a / V 0.7 / V 0.7a?

You don't really need this module if your device is on android 6 and up
5th October 2019, 09:11 AM |#2268  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Nope this mod rly work well so far, and i in pie
6th October 2019, 02:55 PM |#2269  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,350
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrialubis

Nope this mod rly work well so far, and i in pie

Ya got bigger probs if this "mod" rly helping in pie.
8th October 2019, 05:31 PM |#2270  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

Ya got bigger probs if this "mod" rly helping in pie.

How do i know? I mean how to prove it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, doze, power nap, stamina mode, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes