FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+] Power Nap for Xposed - Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 804

By waylaidwanderer, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 10:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from waylaidwanderer: Power Nap for Xposed is a replacement for Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!
10th April 2015, 12:48 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

I believe with Greenify you can hibernate apps while the screen is on (aka phone is in use), but Power Nap only "hibernates" when the screen is off. So depending on what you use it for, you can either get rid of Greenify or keep it. But even if you use it alongside each other, it shouldn't have any ill effects.

Greenify Hibernates when the screen is off as well. I just want to clarify before I try and I am sure others will ask as well.

10th April 2015, 12:49 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Yeah, I'll update my comment to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetAvi

Some modules do work over 5.1 with the Xposed SUPER ALPHA, does this one works? if someone tried, plz share with us

I don't see why it wouldn't, but it'd be nice if someone could let me know as well! The methods for power napping apps should still be the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to waylaidwanderer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waylaidwanderer Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:52 PM |#23  
Quote:

Yeah, I'll update my comment to clarify.

I mean should it still work alongside without fighting eachother?
10th April 2015, 12:53 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCoREAPER

Which leads into the next question, can this be safely used alongside Greenify or is it redundant?

when i was on stock sony jb rom i used both stamina mode+greenify ... you have to add greenify to the withelist of stamina mode, otherwise greenify stop working during screen off...
imho stamina mode+greenify it's a great combo
The Following User Says Thank You to ..::Matr!x::.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ..::Matr!x::.. Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 12:59 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCoREAPER

I mean should it still work alongside without fighting eachother?

Yes, I've actually had both installed at the same time, although what Greenify does during screen-off is redundant with Power Nap.
The Following User Says Thank You to waylaidwanderer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waylaidwanderer Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 01:11 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Quote:

Yes, I've actually had both installed at the same time, although what Greenify does during screen-off is redundant with Power Nap.

i don't think greenify (paid version) it's redundant because actually with greenify i can hibernate apps like whatsapp or gmail without loosing any notification... i think your module (if it works like stamina) can dinamically close/open traffic per specific (whitelisted) apps during screen off even if they are hibernated with greenify...
10th April 2015, 01:12 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1,017

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanNegron

nope because xposed doesn't run in Lollipop for now...

There is a test build by another developer for 5.1 that people are using right now, and it is working. I am not sure of the link but it is mentioned in the original xposed lollipop thread.
10th April 2015, 01:14 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Matr!x::..

i don't think greenify (paid version) it's redundant because actually with greenify i can hibernate app like whatsapp without loosing any notification... i think your module (if it works like stamina) can dinamically close/open traffic per specific (whitelisted) apps during screen off even if they are hibernated with greenify...

Yes, that's true about hibernating apps without losing notifications. I'm not sure how Greenify does it, but Power Nap doesn't have the capability to do something like that at the moment. I see an area here where Power Nap and Greenify would conflict - you probably wouldn't get the notification at all until you turn the screen back on.
10th April 2015, 01:18 PM |#29  
Flag Ust'-Katav
Thanks Meter: 5

More
In Google Play: The required version of Android 1.6 or later. Why is that?
10th April 2015, 01:23 PM |#30  
Flag colombo
Thanks Meter: 576

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanNegron

nope because xposed doesn't run in Lollipop for now...

untrue there is a extreme alpha version currently available (Unofficially), found HERE
10th April 2015, 01:23 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sever20067

In Google Play: The required version of Android 1.6 or later. Why is that?

I forgot to declare the minSdkVersion in the manifest. It'll be fixed in the next update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, doze, power nap, stamina mode, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)