FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+] Power Nap for Xposed - Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 804
 
By waylaidwanderer, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from waylaidwanderer: Power Nap for Xposed is a replacement for Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!
10th April 2015, 02:23 PM |#31  
waylaidwanderer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 804
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sever20067

In Google Play: The required version of Android 1.6 or later. Why is that?

I forgot to declare the minSdkVersion in the manifest. It'll be fixed in the next update.
10th April 2015, 02:26 PM |#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

Yes, that's true about hibernating apps without losing notifications. I'm not sure how Greenify does it, but Power Nap doesn't have the capability to do something like that at the moment. I see an area here where Power Nap and Greenify would conflict - you probably wouldn't get the notification at all until you turn the screen back on.

maybe you have to add to whitelist greenify and every apps you want notifications in your module (as i remember also google play service sync tasks... because notifications use gcm push notification service)
The Following User Says Thank You to ..::Matr!x::.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ..::Matr!x::.. Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 02:29 PM |#33  
Dhamithl's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

Yeah, I'll update my comment to clarify.



I don't see why it wouldn't, but it'd be nice if someone could let me know as well! The methods for power napping apps should still be the same.

I've tried on 5.1 (CM12.1), it gave me bootloops. Phone is booting up to Starting apps screen but reboots itself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dhamithl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dhamithl Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 02:30 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 156
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techpenguin5

untrue there is a extreme alpha version currently available (Unofficially), found HERE

There's also a not-so-super-alpha Xposed for 5.0.2 that works quite well.
10th April 2015, 02:32 PM |#35  
I was going to say maybe making the tester request auto-approve would be easier, but I already got accepted, so I guess you're on that sh*t
10th April 2015, 02:35 PM |#36  
waylaidwanderer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 804
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhamithl

I've tried on 5.1 (CM12.1), it gave me bootloops. Phone is booting up to Starting apps screen but reboots itself.

Darn, that's a shame. I'm surprised since it works on 5.0.2's Xposed, but perhaps something wasn't fully implemented yet. Hopefully it'll work in the future, and if it still doesn't work by the time an official version of Xposed comes out, I'll take a closer look at the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss

There's also a not-so-super-alpha Xposed for 5.0.2 that works quite well.

That's actually what I'm using right now on my CM12 rom
10th April 2015, 02:35 PM |#37  
GadgetAvi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

Yes, that's true about hibernating apps without losing notifications. I'm not sure how Greenify does it, but Power Nap doesn't have the capability to do something like that at the moment. I see an area here where Power Nap and Greenify would conflict - you probably wouldn't get the notification at all until you turn the screen back on.

Hmmm... so I wonder what will happen if I'll install it alongside with Greenify...
Or shouldn't I?
10th April 2015, 02:37 PM |#38  
waylaidwanderer's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 804
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Matr!x::..

maybe you have to add to whitelist greenify and every apps you want notifications in your module (as i remember also google play service sync tasks... because notifications use gcm push notification service)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetAvi

Hmmm... so I wonder what will happen if I'll install it alongside with Greenify...
Or shouldn't I?

Actually, if you do what the quote above says, it might actually work Give it a try! I'm hopeful because what he says makes complete sense to me. You just have to make sure to whitelist the app you want notifications from in Power Nap as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp420

I was going to say maybe making the tester request auto-approve would be easier, but I already got accepted, so I guess you're on that sh*t

Haha, I kind of wish I could now, but I can't make a private community un-private so that approval isn't needed
The Following User Says Thank You to waylaidwanderer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift waylaidwanderer Ad-Free
10th April 2015, 02:41 PM |#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer

Actually, if you do what the quote above says, it might actually work Give it a try! I'm hopeful because what he says makes complete sense to me. You just have to make sure to whitelist the app you want notifications from in Power Nap as well.

10th April 2015, 02:43 PM |#41  
Techpenguin5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag colombo
Thanks Meter: 576
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Publiuss

There's also a not-so-super-alpha Xposed for 5.0.2 that works quite well.

Of course but the user asked if the module worked on 5.1, and was replied towith a no due to there being no version of xposed pertaining to that release of android .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, doze, power nap, stamina mode, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes