FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][APP][XPOSED][4.1+] Power Nap for Xposed - Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 804

By waylaidwanderer, Senior Member on 9th April 2015, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from waylaidwanderer: Power Nap for Xposed is a replacement for Sony's Stamina Mode for all devices!
11th June 2015, 07:40 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm using this on mi 2013 Moto X with the brasilian soak of Lollipop 5.1
the thing is that I can't make active display work.

Anyone can tell me wich service add to the whitelist?

Very gratefull in advance...
11th June 2015, 07:52 AM |#522  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonryder

is it reasonable to disable Stamina Mode on my Xperia Z1 compact while using Power Nap or can i use them parallel?

As Power Nap is more or less a ported version of Sony's Stamina Mode, there is no reason for you to use Power Nap, I guess.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxd

I'm using this on mi 2013 Moto X with the brasilian soak of Lollipop 5.1
the thing is that I can't make active display work.

Anyone can tell me wich service add to the whitelist?

Very gratefull in advance...

Have you whitelisted Android System?
11th June 2015, 07:57 AM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Have you whitelisted Android System?[/QUOTE]

I Just did it, and Active Display is working like a charm. Thanks.
11th June 2015, 09:39 AM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
i'm wondering when will be avaliable a public beta version... without g+ invitation...
11th June 2015, 10:52 AM |#525  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2,523

More
Hi, I just installed the app and by default Google Now and Google Play services are not allowed to wake up the device in endurance mode? Is that ok? I mean, will it affect any functionality?
Also, if I have auto-sync enabled, will I have to whitelist Gmail so that it can sync emails? Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
11th June 2015, 11:06 AM |#526  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj_droid

Hi, I just installed the app and by default Google Now and Google Play services are not allowed to wake up the device in endurance mode? Is that ok? I mean, will it affect any functionality?
Also, if I have auto-sync enabled, will I have to whitelist Gmail so that it can sync emails? Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

As far as I know you have to whitelist Google Play Services (GPSs) to receive push notifications, but you might want to test it by yourself. Whitelist Gmail and GPSs and send yourself a test mail from your PC or another device. If you receive the mail while screen is off, remove GPSs from Power Nap's whitelist and repeat the procedure. If the new notification is properly shown, you do not need GPSs on your whitelist. Do the same for any other app whose push notifications you wish to receive while your screen is off. If any of those apps is affected by not whitelisting GPSs, you have to decide wether you want to have GPSs running in standby and draining your battery or not receive push notifications from the affected app(s).
11th June 2015, 03:12 PM |#527  
Thanks Meter: 1,186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

...If any of those apps is affected by not whitelisting GPSs, you have to decide wether you want to have GPSs running in standby and draining your battery or not receive push notifications from the affected app(s).

This is precisely why I proposed to the authors to implement in PowerNap what most all these battery-savers have. Interrupt the endurance mode periodically for a brief period. Full syncing possible if desired, no trial&error configuration, less risk of settup up unstable whitelist combos.

Using another (whitelisted) app like 2xbatter or dsbatterysaver to handle this still requires whitelisting a bunch of apps and might not play so nicely with PowerNap.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dovidhalevi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dovidhalevi Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 03:21 PM |#528  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi

This is precisely why I proposed to the authors to implement in PowerNap what most all these battery-savers have. Interrupt the endurance mode periodically for a brief period. Full syncing possible if desired, no trial&error configuration, less risk of settup up unstable whitelist combos.

Using another (whitelisted) app like 2xbatter or dsbatterysaver to handle this still requires whitelisting a bunch of apps and might not play so nicely with PowerNap.

THIS would be an awesome feature But I would suggest to make it optional for all apps which are not on your whitelist. This way you would receive notifications from some whitelisted apps all the time and periodically check for notifications of all other apps.

BTW: I am running a GAPPS-free device, but I have no issues with push notifications for apps that are whitelisted despite the fact that I do not have GPSs installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Portgas D. Ace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Portgas D. Ace Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 03:46 PM |#529  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
I have installed this module on my Note 3 (Aryamod 5.4 and arter97's Xposed) and it's working beautifully.
However, there is one feature that I would like to suggest: could you please offer a time-based trigger for 'low battery mode'?
I.e. I'd like to have my phone trigger that mode at preset times (at night) and reduce the power consumption even further by limiting the running apps - there's no need for instant messaging while I am asleep

Keep up the great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrozenLord For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FrozenLord Ad-Free
11th June 2015, 05:26 PM |#530  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 338

Donate to Me
More
Screen of Death
Hey, ive started using Power Nap today but when i switch on endurance mode the screen wont turn on once it goes off or we can say it cause a SOD
i have white listed android system is there any other system app i need to white list

i'm using I9100 galaxy s2 with neatrom jb 4.1.2 and apolo kernel
11th June 2015, 05:40 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by visky642

Hey, ive started using Power Nap today but when i switch on endurance mode the screen wont turn on once it goes off or we can say it cause a SOD
i have white listed android system is there any other system app i need to white list

i'm using I9100 galaxy s2 with neatrom jb 4.1.2 and apolo kernel

Have you tried whitelisting 'System UI'?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery saver, doze, power nap, stamina mode, xposed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)