Some apps, such as finance/banking, enterprise, or audio/video apps will not run if your phone is rooted. This module allows you to run apps that detect root without disabling root. You select from a list of your installed apps (or add a custom entry), and using a variety of methods, it will completely and transparently hide the signs of root from that app.
Get Started Here
If you have Xposed already installed, you can simply install RootCloak from the Xposed modules repo.
More detail instructions for how to use RootCloak are available here: https://github.com/devadvance/rootcl...-use-RootCloak
RootCloak is available on the Xposed Modules Repo here: http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.d...nce.rootcloak2
Other Important Links
- See here for Frequently Asked Questions (Github Wiki)
- See here for a list of working and non-working apps (Github Wiki)
- See here for a semi-technical write-up explaining the idea behind RootCloak (Github Wiki)
- See here for the up-to-date changelog (Github)
- The RootCloak source code is available on Github here
- @hikaritenchi - I can't say thank you enough to him, as he has been keeping RootCloak going despite me being mostly out of contact
- For other contributors, check the CHANGELOG and the commits on Github
Other Important Information
- On 2015-09-07, the package name for RootCloak was changed from com.devadvance.rootcloak to com.devadvance.rootcloak2 as part of a build system change. To update from versions below 1.5, you must uninstall any previous version before installing 1.5 or later.
- Please note that RootCloak is released under the Apache Version 2.0 License. For information about this license, see here: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0