(Custom Screen On & Off Animation for all ROMs)
This module is an experiment to bring custom screen off animation to all ROMs without modifying native codes.
As of v1.2, it added screen on animation too.
• Ensure you have a custom recovery ready to flash Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip.
(If anything goes wrong while booting, you can always flash it, reboot & disable this module)
• Install ScreenOffAnimation
• Enable ScreenOffAnimation in Xposed Installer
• Turn off your ROM's native screen off animation (if any)
• Turn off your ROM's native screen on animation (if any)
• Change the settings in the module to your likings!
Note: All the animations are not ported (but recreated) from ROMs because the implementation is different, so there might be slight visual differences from the original...
Video is based on the pre-release version on v1.0. Improvements have been made to some animations.
In the Attachments
This module is open-source, licensed under GPLv3. The source can be found here
• Developers: You may contribute by sending pull-requests or opening an issue on Github with coding tips.
• Translators: You may contribute your translations by sending pull-requests or posting the file in this thread.
(Do a search to see if others have already translated to your language before doing so).
The latest English version can be found here.
How Does It Work?
This module does the following for screen off animation:
• Before the screen off method, add our code
• Grab the screenshot
• Add a black view to the screen
• Add the screenshot we grabbed
• Animate the screenshot on the black view
• Once the screenshot is completely out of the screen, call the native code to turn off screen
This module does the following for screen on animation:
• After the screen on method, add a black screen
• Animate the black screen out
(This is simplified. You may see the actual source code to have a better understanding)
• rovo89 and Tungstwenty for Xposed Framework
• XpLoDWilD for the Scale Down screen off animation idea
• LG for the Optimus G screen off animation idea
• Google for the Android Lollipop screen off animation idea
• Chandra Sekhar for this blog post
• Malcolm Hall for SleepFX Tiles Fade animation idea
If I have missed out anyone that should be thanked, feel free to PM me and I will add it in