FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED][MOD][LP+] Sensible Android Auto:Xposed

3,597 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,843
 
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2016, 02:38 AM |#101  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Nvm this post i think i fixed and its due to be overlooking and being stuped hahahha. I will update when i am connected to car latter today or on saterday. Sorry for the wasted post....possibly baha.
19th November 2016, 09:32 AM |#102  
Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Still getting weird random "You need to be parked to continue" warnings, even when I am parked. It isn't clear to me whether this is a problem with the module or with Android Auto. With enough futzing around, it shuts up.

Hey Google! Is this your idea of safe?
24th November 2016, 03:34 PM |#103  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi,

I feel stupid for asking this, but do I need to root my device to run your app? I have a galaxy S7 with marshmallow 6.0.1, will it work?

Thanks for your great work btw!
24th November 2016, 10:56 PM |#104  
agentdr8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,843
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcamp

Still getting weird random "You need to be parked to continue" warnings, even when I am parked. It isn't clear to me whether this is a problem with the module or with Android Auto. With enough futzing around, it shuts up.

Until XF for Nougat is released, it's rather hard for me to debug in-use issues with the module, as my headunit has a USB-C cable which won't work with my dev device (m8). Not sure if debugging data would even help here, unless the module isn't hooking a method call correctly. But if that were the case, it shouldn't work at all, not just inconsistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo3818

I feel stupid for asking this, but do I need to root my device to run your app? I have a galaxy S7 with marshmallow 6.0.1, will it work?

You need to be able to install the Xposed Framework, which really only requires a custom recovery like TWRP. That being said, you can actually install the Xposed Framework systemless-ly, and without root, as this module doesn't need it. Not sure if systemless Xposed is working on the S7 though, so you may want to check that device's sub-forum.
3rd December 2016, 07:15 PM |#105  
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Will this work to let me use my phone while plugged into my 2017 Ford Fusion with Android Auto? Right now the phone is blacked out with an Android Auto screen while it is plugged in. I see in the description it has to do with amount of taps, but I'm not able to use my phone at all while it is plugged in. Thanks.
3rd December 2016, 07:25 PM |#106  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
No this does not bypass that black android auto screen, but to get around it you can use your app swich softkey (square) and open a app you had or just swipe close the android auto screen and you can use phone for a few before the screen comes back up

This modual is to allow more taps / scrolls in the supported apps when not in park.
The Following User Says Thank You to chevyguy128 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chevyguy128 Ad-Free
14th December 2016, 07:09 PM |#107  
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy128

No this does not bypass that black android auto screen, but to get around it you can use your app swich softkey (square) and open a app you had or just swipe close the android auto screen and you can use phone for a few before the screen comes back up

This modual is to allow more taps / scrolls in the supported apps when not in park.

Oh ok thanks!
14th December 2016, 09:15 PM |#108  
Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Intermittent functioning
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Until XF for Nougat is released, it's rather hard for me to debug in-use issues with the module, as my headunit has a USB-C cable which won't work with my dev device (m8). Not sure if debugging data would even help here, unless the module isn't hooking a method call correctly. But if that were the case, it shouldn't work at all, not just inconsistently.

FWIW, here's the Xposed error log. Looks like an awful lot of class not found type errors. I understand there isn't a lot you can do without playing around with it yourself, but AA pretty much thinks it is in motion all the time now.
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed_error_20161214_155351.log - [Click for QR Code] (93.9 KB, 12 views)
14th December 2016, 10:17 PM |#109  
agentdr8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,843
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcamp

FWIW, here's the Xposed error log. Looks like an awful lot of class not found type errors. I understand there isn't a lot you can do without playing around with it yourself, but AA pretty much thinks it is in motion all the time now.

Thanks for the log. I'll see if I can figure it out on my m8.

What version of AA do you have?
14th December 2016, 10:29 PM |#110  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Anyway for this (this is far fetched but worth a shot) to allow sideloaded music apps (not installed by the app store) I got new phone and I installed the old version of pandora and spotify but android don't see it i need to install the new version from the play store and it works but this is the EXACT SAME version that worked before (i got a replace LG G3 since mine stop seeing sim)
14th December 2016, 11:01 PM |#111  
agentdr8's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,843
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy128

Anyway for this (this is far fetched but worth a shot) to allow sideloaded music apps (not installed by the app store) I got new phone and I installed the old version of pandora and spotify but android don't see it i need to install the new version from the play store and it works but this is the EXACT SAME version that worked before (i got a replace LG G3 since mine stop seeing sim)

You can try changing the install vendor of the sideloaded apps. See this thread for more info.

An xposed module would have to hook the Package Manager, which handles much more than just AA-capable apps, so it isn't likely going to make it into this module.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, xposed module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes