Remove All Ads from XDA

[XPOSED][MOD][LP+] Sensible Android Auto:Xposed

3,594 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,835

Post Reply Email Thread
6th June 2016, 06:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 249

More
update on my test, works great on my Sprint Galaxy S5 with blisspop 6.0 rom with the pioneer 4100nex. The first time I tried, AA seemed to have froze when I tapped Spotify, removed the usb and replugged it back in, but the module didnt seem to work, it only allowed 6 taps. On my 2nd drive, it worked great scrolling through my entire playlist when I was in movement

6th June 2016, 08:54 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you!! Works great on my Droid Turbo with CM13, Pioneer 4200 NEX.
First time I started AA it froze and crashed with "cannot connect to AA at the moment, when safe please disconnect and check your phone." All I did was disconnect and plug it back in, and it's been great ever since.
6th June 2016, 09:00 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranova

The first time I tried, AA seemed to have froze when I tapped Spotify, removed the usb and replugged it back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy!

First time I started AA it froze and crashed with "cannot connect to AA at the moment, when safe please disconnect and check your phone." All I did was disconnect and plug it back in, and it's been great ever since.

Interesting. If it continues to happen, please enable debug in the settings and provide the Xposed Installer logs + logcat so I can account for this behavior.
7th June 2016, 12:59 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Interesting. If it continues to happen, please enable debug in the settings and provide the Xposed Installer logs + logcat so I can account for this behavior.

I've used it about 10 times since then, running errands and whatnot. It's been working perfectly for me, no glitches!
7th June 2016, 03:29 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy!

I've used it about 10 times since then, running errands and whatnot. It's been working perfectly for me, no glitches!

yup, only happened to me the first time after installing the module. Its been working ever since. Thanks again!
7th June 2016, 11:13 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This is fantastic! Great job. Let's hope you will be able to add more features in the future or that other developers will join you. I love Android Auto but the current restrictions (on which apps can be used for example) are just plain stupid. I understand that there are people who would abuse Android Auto to type entire messages while driving if it was possible but that is not the responsibility of Google. At least, it wouldn't be the responsibility of Google in Europe. It's a totally different story in the US of course
8th June 2016, 07:43 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Updated the module today. I figured out that the values for "unlimited browsing speed" and "max speed parking card" were in meters per second (float), so the default of 0.5F is roughly 1.1 MPH. I've made an adjustment so the preference slider accurately represents MPH at which it will no longer allow for unlimited browsing.

Of course if you have the tap limit set to max, then it won't matter. But a sensible tap limit, combined with a sensible max unlimited browsing speed is now achievable.

I also addressed the crash at initial launch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
9th June 2016, 09:51 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Hi agentdr8,

Great Module! Congratulations!

One suggestion: Please, can you add the option of "Execute action in the CAR screen"? The idea is: add one entry in this "unused" menu for trigger a Broadcast Intent; this intent then will be captured and processed by another App (like Tasker, AutomateIt, Llama, etc.)

Here some guide about "Broadcast Intent": http://inchoo.net/dev-talk/android-d...from-activity/

For the "Car Screen" see: http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/07/...r-integration/

I hope you agree!
The Following User Says Thank You to manos78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manos78 Ad-Free
9th June 2016, 03:44 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

Hi agentdr8,

Great Module! Congratulations!

One suggestion: Please, can you add the option of "Execute action in the CAR screen"? The idea is: add one entry in this "unused" menu for trigger a Broadcast Intent; this intent then will be captured and processed by another App (like Tasker, AutomateIt, Llama, etc.)

Here some guide about "Broadcast Intent": http://inchoo.net/dev-talk/android-d...from-activity/

For the "Car Screen" see: http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/07/...r-integration/

I hope you agree!

I'll see what can be done about adding some things to that screen. I'm not positive, but I believe most apps won't be able to display any activities on that screen unless they have specific Android Auto layouts. But firing off a configurable intent should be possible.

Stay tuned....

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it seems that this isn't doable right now. Those entries under the "Car" screen are services that have to be defined in the manifest. AFAIK, you can't inject service entries (and their associated metadata tags) into an app via Xposed. I think at some point, Google may open up that restriction for OEMs, and allow them to just apply a specific xml description tag to indicate that a particular app can be shown/used in that screen.

I can try and see if I can hook the layout inflation of those entries, and modify their titles there. I can also try and override what they currently launch (right now, just demo screens).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
10th June 2016, 08:08 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:

EDIT: Upon further investigation, it seems that this isn't doable right now. Those entries under the "Car" screen are services that have to be defined in the manifest. AFAIK, you can't inject service entries (and their associated metadata tags) into an app via Xposed. I think at some point, Google may open up that restriction for OEMs, and allow them to just apply a specific xml description tag to indicate that a particular app can be shown/used in that screen.

I can try and see if I can hook the layout inflation of those entries, and modify their titles there. I can also try and override what they currently launch (right now, just demo screens).

Hi agentdr8,

Thank you for your efforts! Good work!

In reference to the limitations: Then I suggest to just hook the button for selecting the CAR screen. I feel this can be possible, and we use this event to trigger some intent. Please, think that sending one intent is by far more simple that printing on the screen. So, perhaps the first goal can be hook the AA UI for sending events to other Apps. You agree?
The Following User Says Thank You to manos78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manos78 Ad-Free
10th June 2016, 03:51 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

In reference to the limitations: Then I suggest to just hook the button for selecting the CAR screen. I feel this can be possible, and we use this event to trigger some intent. Please, think that sending one intent is by far more simple that printing on the screen. So, perhaps the first goal can be hook the AA UI for sending events to other Apps. You agree?

That shouldn't be too hard to do.

Just out of curiosity, what intent did you have in mind? Or what is your use-case going to be? I'm trying to think of something I would want to do on the phone without any feedback on the headunit while driving and I can't think of anything.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, xposed module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)