10th June 2016, 03:51 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,835

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

In reference to the limitations: Then I suggest to just hook the button for selecting the CAR screen. I feel this can be possible, and we use this event to trigger some intent. Please, think that sending one intent is by far more simple that printing on the screen. So, perhaps the first goal can be hook the AA UI for sending events to other Apps. You agree?

That shouldn't be too hard to do.

Just out of curiosity, what intent did you have in mind? Or what is your use-case going to be? I'm trying to think of something I would want to do on the phone without any feedback on the headunit while driving and I can't think of anything.

10th June 2016, 07:34 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I noticed in google maps, when in park i am able to type an address as soon as i move to,drive even fully stopped the text field turns to a mic and i can no longer type. Is this able to be changed? It seems google maps is using another hook to find if the car is in park or not.
10th June 2016, 07:42 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyguy128

I noticed in google maps, when in park i am able to type an address as soon as i move to,drive even fully stopped the text field turns to a mic and i can no longer type. Is this able to be changed? It seems google maps is using another hook to find if the car is in park or not.

This is part of the CarSensors class most likely. I couldn't test any of it, as I don't have an integrated headunit (it seems only the built-ins use this for now).

If you're up for some testing, I can throw together a package that will do some logging of values. I'd need to have you go through some scenarios (shifting between park & drive, ebrake up/down, drive + ebrake up (not moving of course)) to know which methods to override, and what values.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
10th June 2016, 07:44 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Sure man, i can do so to help others and yourself
11th June 2016, 03:17 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I didn't run into any bugs using this on my Droid Turbo 1 running stock w/xposed. I just had much higher battery drain than usual that day. I wasn't even using my phone, it was just sitting at my work desk. I disabled it the next day and battery was back to normal. I still really appreciate the work you've put into this!

Would it be possible to add a feature that lets you use side loaded apps? I've got TuneIn Radio Pro from Amazon Market, but it doesn't register on AA even though TuneIn Radio from GPM does.
11th June 2016, 07:59 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinad

I didn't run into any bugs using this on my Droid Turbo 1 running stock w/xposed. I just had much higher battery drain than usual that day. I wasn't even using my phone, it was just sitting at my work desk. I disabled it the next day and battery was back to normal. I still really appreciate the work you've put into this!

I'm not sure that this module could impact battery, as it only hooks methods within the Android Auto process and overrides integer and float values. Android Auto could possibly not exit/background properly though, or keep the GPS active when it shouldn't be.

Quote:

Would it be possible to add a feature that lets you use side loaded apps? I've got TuneIn Radio Pro from Amazon Market, but it doesn't register on AA even though TuneIn Radio from GPM does.

This can be done via adb. There's a post about it here. Changing the install vendor might break how the Amazon Market validates the app is able to run on your device though, so take note of the install vendor first.
11th June 2016, 04:50 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Just out of curiosity, what intent did you have in mind? Or what is your use-case going to be? I'm trying to think of something I would want to do on the phone without any feedback on the headunit while driving and I can't think of anything.

Sure! My idea is send and capture "any intent" with an external App. For example, one of my first goal is "enable/disable wifi hotspot".
Any kind of automation is welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to manos78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manos78 Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 06:45 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm experiencing about a 50% success rate with this Xposed mod. Just seems to suddenly work on it's own. Had my phone plugged in and kept getting the message about hitting my limit on screen presses. Unplugged and then re-plugged in the phone and got the same message. Try again a few minutes later without touching the phone and suddenly the mod is working. Not sure if it's the mod or if I'm just doing something dumb and not realizing it. GravityBox mod is working without a hitch. Any ideas?

Nexus 6P with 2016 Honda Civic.
13th June 2016, 06:56 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhow

I'm experiencing about a 50% success rate with this Xposed mod. Just seems to suddenly work on it's own. Had my phone plugged in and kept getting the message about hitting my limit on screen presses. Unplugged and then re-plugged in the phone and got the same message. Try again a few minutes later without touching the phone and suddenly the mod is working. Not sure if it's the mod or if I'm just doing something dumb and not realizing it. GravityBox mod is working without a hitch. Any ideas?

Can you enable debugging, reboot, and provide me the Xposed Installer log after you've tried it out a few times? It's possible I've missed overriding something.

Also, in your Civic, does it have a built-in Android Auto headunit? Or are you using an aftermarket one? There's still some work that needs to be done for built-in units to cover all of the different car sensor inputs.
13th June 2016, 07:01 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Debugging is enabled. where can I find the log?

I'm using the built-in head unit. Touring model Civic, if it matters.
13th June 2016, 07:13 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhow

Debugging is enabled. where can I find the log?

I'm using the built-in head unit. Touring model Civic, if it matters.

In Xposed Installer->Logs. Use the 3-dot menu to save it or send it to yourself, and then attach it to a post here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, xposed module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)