3rd May 2019, 05:26 PM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,843

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcamp

I'm using the Magisk version of Xposed. It did have a newer version. Upgrading it is not an experience I'd like to repeat. That and the new installer broke everything. Eventually I had to uninstall all modules and both apps, wipe cache and data and restore all apps and settings from backup.

So now Android Auto works as long as it isn't plugged in to the head unit. Xposed Installer sees Xposed and loads the SAAX module. But Android Auto is back to flashing on and off. In notifications, Maps is repeatedly loading and unloading. The Xposed installer log sees SAAX being loaded every few seconds at the same time that AA is flashing.

Log attached.

As it happens, I have SAAX versions 1.3, 1.5, 1.7.2, 1.7.8, and 1.8.8 stored on my computer. If any of those are ones you are missing, I can send them to you.

Thanks for the log. It seems like it isn't finding the method that I'm overriding, but if that's the case, I should be getting that error on my test device too.

Just to verify, you have AA 4.2.591434 or 4.2.591444 installed? I downloaded both APKs again from APKMirror, decompiled, and ran a diff to make sure the code is the same between them.
5th May 2019, 11:47 PM |#502  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Thanks for the log. It seems like it isn't finding the method that I'm overriding, but if that's the case, I should be getting that error on my test device too.

Just to verify, you have AA 4.2.591434 or 4.2.591444 installed? I downloaded both APKs again from APKMirror, decompiled, and ran a diff to make sure the code is the same between them.

Version 4.1.590934. That's the most recent one I could use that didn't go crazy connected to the head unit. 4.2 flashes the display as Maps loads repeatedly. Matched with v 1.9.1 of SAAX. This is stable but I get the "Use voice search while driving" error. When I was trying to get 4.2 to work, it was whatever the most recent version is on the play store.
6th May 2019, 10:01 PM |#503  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcamp

Version 4.1.590934. That's the most recent one I could use that didn't go crazy connected to the head unit. 4.2 flashes the display as Maps loads repeatedly. Matched with v 1.9.1 of SAAX. This is stable but I get the "Use voice search while driving" error. When I was trying to get 4.2 to work, it was whatever the most recent version is on the play store.

Is that the exact verbiage of the error message? I couldn't find a string in the AA package with that phrase, and usually all error texts are localized in strings.xml. If you could snap a pic of that error, and where it occurs, it might help me to locate it in the code.
7th May 2019, 01:03 AM |#504  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:

Is that the exact verbiage of the error message? I couldn't find a string in the AA package with that phrase, and usually all error texts are localized in strings.xml. If you could snap a pic of that error, and where it occurs, it might help me to locate it in the code.

It is probably not the exact text as I'm recalling from memory. It was something like "voice search only while driving." I'll write it down the next time I'm driving.

I could recall if I posted a log after I settled a stable, if not functional, installation. So I made a new one today.
Attached Files
File Type: log xposed installer error.log - [Click for QR Code] (113.3 KB, 6 views)
8th May 2019, 03:25 PM |#505  
Flag Atlanta

More
Quote:

Here is the exact text: Search by voice while driving. It occurs whenever you start scrolling down a list. It disappears as soon as you stop moving, making it difficult to take a picture.
9th May 2019, 01:36 AM |#506  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Ok great. I've located that string in the package, and also in the code. Now to figure out how to get around it being displayed.
13th May 2019, 11:32 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Hi! It seems the module stopped working again after latest Google update. Thanks for keeping up!
18th May 2019, 06:49 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Any news on an update? 😊
18th May 2019, 10:01 PM |#509  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Just got back from a business trip. Will hopefully have some time this week to take a look.

EDIT: It seems there were some subtle differences between 4.2.591434 released on April 19th and 4.2.591444 released on April 25th that likely broke the module. Previously, only changes at the minor revision and above seemed to greatly change the underlying code, but I guess now I'll have to be more specific about matching the module to the specific patch/maintenance versions as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 12:52 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
I've posted an updated version to the OP. As you'll notice, the versioning has changed to mimic AA versions. This will help clarify which versions of the module work with which versions of AA.

I tested both Vanagon (AA running on phone) and Projection (AA connected to headunit emulator) and it seems that it should be working to override input limits in all cases. If you find this isn't the case, please document as best you can the conditions in which it isn't working, any text (verbatim, please) messages it pops up, and what sort of input you're using (touch, rotary knob, etc). This should help me track down what area(s) to look in during troubleshooting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
21st May 2019, 10:20 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thank you for updating, will test in one hour on my way to work and will report back to you 😊

UPDATE:

absolutely ZERO issues with this version, works like a charm, thank you so much.

Tested on HTC U11 with Android 8.0
The Following User Says Thank You to thxcertified For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thxcertified Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, xposed module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)