This Xposed Module removes the message "Unauthorized device - Your device is not compatible with this app." from HTC BlinkFeed/Sense Home and other Sense apps.
It makes it possible to use Sense apps with any ROM, and integrates Sense features into pure AOSP ROMs.
An Android 5.0+ ROM.
For Sense Home to work properly on Marshmallow, you need to manually install it and the HTC Service pack to /system/priv-app (move folder from /data/app using a root explorer program.
However, for some features, an AOSP ROM is needed.
Removal of "Unauthorized" message:
HTC Themes (feature of Sense Home)
My HTC/Login app
The currently supported social plug-ins are:
- Facebook for HTC Sense
- Twitter for HTC Sense
- Google+ for HTC Sense
- LinkedIn for HTC Sense
- Instagram for HTC Sense
All of them in their newest version from Sense 7/Android 5.1 (7.00.4xxxxx/7.00.5xxxxx).
- Camera: Allow saving to external storage.
- Gallery: Allow accessing/modifying different storages.
- Themes: Use HTC Themes to theme your AOSP system!
- Theme editor: You can edit existing HTC theme colors, and theme your systemUI without using HTC Themes.
- IME: Use the newest version of the Sense Keyboard.
AOSP Themed Apps:
- Google Keyboard (WIP)
- Play Music (WIP)
You can download this module from the official Xposed Repo page.
Version 3.0 pre1
• Complete UI Redesign. Added navbar, new sections, material animations, and launch screen.
• Add option to create HTC Permission file needed for play store downloads of HTC Apps.
• Add quick restart for Sense home to apply some settings.
• Added "quick reboot" and "reboot" options to app menu. "Quick reboot" tries to f/c hooked apps, and is not a real or hot reboot. Usually good for previewing themes, etc. "Reboot" provides regular and hot reboot options.
Complete overhaul of theme section:
• If themes are enabled, after selecting a HTC theme, Sensify will launch, allowing you to customize theme pallete colors.
• There are now FOUR color options. These correspond directly to HTC Theme elements.
• Each color option has a custom-designed color picker preference.
• Add option to generate theme pallete from currently applied wallpaper.
• Add option to automatically take current theme and write it to HTC theme. Allows for customization of HTC theme values like never before!
New Downloads section:
• Due to some devices not ever being able to download HTC APK's from play store, we have added a custom download section. This will automagically search APKMirror for the latest version of the specified HTC APK and download it. No need to go anywhere else.
• "Show log" section themed to match Material UI.
• Added "Save and send log" feature, allowing easy collection and sharing of Sensify logs.
Sensify now enables the following HTC Apps:
• Sense Home and widgets (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram)
• HTC Clock
• HTC Weather
• HTC Input (and language packs)
• HTC Gallery
• HTC Camera
• HTC Browser
• HTC Scribble
Additionally, the following applications will be themed by Sensify (some still WIP):
• Google Dialer
• Google Contacts
• Google keyboard
• Google Music
- Add support for HTC Sense 7 keyboard.
- Fixed a problem with BlinkFeed Facebook plugin.
- Fixed some UI problems.
- Add more helpful logging.
- Added ability to rotate Sense Home (has some small UI bugs currently, but works perfectly besides that).
- Added support for external storage for Camera and Gallery.
- Added support for HTC Themes for AOSP system apps!
- Added Play Store install support for HTC apps.
- Changed app name from "HTC Authorizer" to "Sensify".
- Added support for the most recent Play Store version (status 07/2015) of HTC Sense Home.
- Added support for Sense social plug-ins. The following are supported:
(but older versions may also work).
Because of the nature of this particular plugin reporting bugs is going to be quite tricky. To help with this, we ask that you provide the following with a bug report:
1. What type of device are you using. Please specify carrier, manufacturer, model, and currently installed ROM and Android Version.
2. What HTC application are you having an issue with?
3. Describe what happens. Please don't say "HTC Music doesn't work". That is not informative, and we will most likely ignore you. Try, "HTC Music is giving an error stating "Not authorized: This application is not compatible with your device.". Often times, we can find the source of the "incompatibility" by using specific error messages to trace back to the originating method...so being specific helps.
4. Attach a logcat. Again, this often makes the difference between "kinda" having an idea of where to look and knowing exactly what is causing the problem. We have logging built into the module, so if something somewhere is complaining, this is where we will be able to see what and why.
5. Be patient with us. We are just two regular people on opposite sides of the planet working at this because we enjoy the challenge, and because there's no good reason why these programs shouldn't be used by everybody. We don't have every device on the planet to test on, so it's up to you to provide us the information needed to help fix your issues and make this module as awesome as possible.
Mad props to Xspirit, who's excellent apps can be found below. Without these, a lot of what we've been able to accomplish would have been a heck of a lot harder to do. He did the initial work of sorting through the various apps and finding what needed to be tweaked to make them work.
Captain_throwback, for helping test and being meticulously patient.
HTC, for making awesome apps and breaking them for no reason.
Developed by @Woalk & @DigitalHigh
Licensed under GNU GPL v2.
A copy of the license can be found in the GitHub repository under `LICENSE`.
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This application comes AS-IS. The USER HIMSELF is RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE to his software, device, even while it is very unlikely that such a thing happens with this small app.
Additionally, this modules is in no way created, developed, or associated in any way with HTC Corporation, HTC United States, or any of it's affiliates. No HTC code was used in the making of this module, and no support or warranty should be considered in the use of this module in conjunction with any HTC products or software. This module is developed for research purposes only, and any and all activities outside of these purposes may potentially constitute a violation of the HTC Terms-of-service (TOS). This module does not modify any HTC Code, and does not in any way change or modify any part of the HTC Sign-in process. This is facilitated by the installation of the MyHTC Application, which is freely obtainable in multiple locations on the internet.
Sensify, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)
Source Code: https://github.com/woalk/HTCAuthorizer
Xposed Package Name: com.woalk.apps.xposed.htcblinkfeedauthorizer
Current Beta Version: 3.0 pre1
Beta Release Date: 2016-02-12
Last Updated 2016-02-12