[MOD][Xposed] SkypeX - Version spoofing for Skype app

3,610 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,857

Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2014, 01:40 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Smile Thank you :)
Thank you for making this, but seems have some things to debug, I'll send you a link of my whole xposed log
Tested on 4.0.0.17847 v20b inverted & not working, according to logs it seems to think I'm on skype <== 3 & throws some java errors after that, on my stock rooted TW 4.2.2 MF9 SGS4 SPH-L720.

But I'd like to point out that theos0o didn't spoof anything (other people posted spoofed versions of his great mod), theos0o moded skype to do things like video chat on more devices, selectable notification sounds, bluetooth tweaks & other nice things.

In the app its not clear whether to select the version your trying to spoof (installed) or what your trying to spoof it as (newer version that MS allows to connect).
29th August 2014, 02:19 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquilaChill

Thank you for making this, but seems have some things to debug, I'll send you a link of my whole xposed log
Tested on 4.0.0.17847 v20b inverted & not working, according to logs it seems to think I'm on skype <== 3 & throws some java errors after that, on my stock rooted TW 4.2.2 MF9 SGS4 SPH-L720.

But I'd like to point out that theos0o didn't spoof anything (other people posted spoofed versions of his great mod), theos0o moded skype to do things like video chat on more devices, selectable notification sounds, bluetooth tweaks & other nice things.

In the app its not clear whether to select the version your trying to spoof (installed) or what your trying to spoof it as (newer version that MS allows to connect).

It's possible that particular version of the Skype app uses a different getVersion() method (or d() method in the old <= 3.x).

I can add clarification to the preferences so that it's clearer regarding what exactly the module will do.
29th August 2014, 04:06 AM |#13  
Flag Iasi

More
I try to keep 2 versions simultaneus. Latest version,for Wifi,and v.19.1,for 3G connection. For that I modified 19.1 package name in Androidmanifest.xml (com.skype_mod.ryder).That is the reason for I can't sign in,but in other device,only Skype 19.1,with your Skype X module,work fine. Thank you sir for your great work. It is possible keep two Skype versions in same device ? Skype 19.1 is more smooth for 3G connection. Thank you again, and sorry for my poor english. I'm romanian. Best regards.
29th August 2014, 06:47 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristicaras

I try to keep 2 versions simultaneus. Latest version,for Wifi,and v.19.1,for 3G connection. For that I modified 19.1 package name in Androidmanifest.xml (com.skype_mod.ryder).That is the reason for I can't sign in,but in other device,only Skype 19.1,with your Skype X module,work fine. Thank you sir for your great work. It is possible keep two Skype versions in same device ? Skype 19.1 is more smooth for 3G connection. Thank you again, and sorry for my poor english. I'm romanian. Best regards.

I can add a preference to allow you to type in a custom package name that you've altered in the manifest. Then it would apply the spoofed version to both the official com.skype.raider and com.skype_mod.ryder package.
29th August 2014, 06:52 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I got your logs and downloaded the inverted v20 from theos0o's thread. When I tested it with the module, my log shows:

Code:
[2014-08-29 09:44:40] SkypeX: Installed Skype version is >= 4
[2014-08-29 09:44:40] SkypeX: setting version to 5.0.0.49715
And proceeds to log me in using my Skype login. Did you at some point have a 3.x version installed prior to the 4.x version? Try clearing data for the SkypeX module, which will wipe the preferences file. Open the module prefs and reselect your settings. Then try your Skype 4.0.0.17847 and see if it works.

Your preferences file located at /data/data/com.dr8.xposed.skypex/shared_prefs should resemble the following:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<map>
    <string name="skypever">4.0.0.17847</string>
    <string name="manual_version"></string>
    <string name="version">5.0.0.49715</string>
    <boolean name="debug" value="true" />
</map>
29th August 2014, 08:08 PM |#16  
Flag Iasi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

I can add a preference to allow you to type in a custom package name that you've altered in the manifest. Then it would apply the spoofed version to both the official com.skype.raider and com.skype_mod.ryder package.

Oooo !!! Thank you in advance. You are the best !
29th August 2014, 10:51 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oooo !!! Thank you in advance. You are the best !

Give the latest version a try and let me know if it works for you.
30th August 2014, 07:39 AM |#18  
Flag Iasi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentdr8

Give the latest version a try and let me know if it works for you.

Thank you very much sir for your work. I installed SkypeX v1.1, but I can't sign in with Skype 19.1 modified. I don't know why. Other modification in Androidmanifest.xml ? I don't know. That is ! Your module is great. My gratitude for you . Best regards.
30th August 2014, 06:16 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you very much sir for your work. I installed SkypeX v1.1, but I can't sign in with Skype 19.1 modified. I don't know why. Other modification in Androidmanifest.xml ? I don't know. That is ! Your module is great. My gratitude for you . Best regards.

You enable the dual app mode, then type in the package name of your 2nd Skype app into the field below the switchbox. You said it was com.skype_custom.ryder or something of that sort? Can you enable debugging and send the xposed error.log to me?
30th August 2014, 06:24 PM |#20  

More
your right I did have 3.2 & seems it did stick that in the prefs, perhaps have it check the installed version when you open the settings (orig thought it did) or a button to do so?

I need to reboot for v1.1, will test sooner or later
30th August 2014, 06:57 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cowtown, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

your right I did have 3.2 & seems it did stick that in the prefs, perhaps have it check the installed version when you open the settings (orig thought it did) or a button to do so?

I need to reboot for v1.1, will test sooner or later

I've updated it so that every time you launch the prefs it checks which version(s) of Skype you have installed and write them to the prefs file.
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdr8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift agentdr8 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)