FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][Xposed] Statusbar Gestures - Launch apps and shortcuts from the statusbar

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello

This Xposed module allows you to add various gestures to your statusbar.
You can either launch an app or a shortcut. This is interesting for stuff like Tasker-actions for example.

Quote:

Supported gestures are:

  • Tap the statusbar once
  • Double-tap the statusbar
  • Tap and hold the statusbar
  • Swipe left on the statusbar
  • Swipe right on the statusbar

Screenshot:
statusbar gestures

Video:

( http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...sbar-gestures/ )

Compatibility:
Quote:

Confirmed working:

  • Nexus 5, Stock 4.4.4
  • Galaxy S4 i9500, PA 4.43 (Android 4.4.4)
  • Galaxy S5, Omega Rom v7.0
  • One Plus One, Stock Rom
  • Galaxy S4 I9505, CM11 M9
  • Galaxy S Advance i9070, 4.1.2 Stock
  • Galaxy S Plus, Mokee 4.4.4

Please post in this thread if it works for you, so i can add the device here in the future

Changelog:
Quote:

0.1 PREVIEW

  • Initial release

1.0
  • Can now launch shortcuts
  • Reworked settings activity

1.0.1
  • added: option to disable haptic feedback (vibration) for the statusbar
    (only shows if you have haptic feedback enabled)

1.0.2
  • fixed: Should now work (again) on more ROMs and devices
  • added: You can now tap the same item again from the dropdown lists

1.0.3
  • fixed: Wouldn't show the app/shortcut-picker dialog on some devices
    (if you have no problems with the app, you don't have to install this)

1.1
  • added: Advanced settings
  • added: Option to launch shortcut in a floating window (needs Halo)

Download:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.chrisxe.xposed.xstatusbar

If somehow you really like this module and want to support me, a donation would be much appreciated
This keeps me motivated for the future. You can buy a donation package on Google Play or buy me a coffee via paypal.
(Please note that the package on Google Play is just a donation. It has no function.)



Alternatively you can click here to donate via paypal
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to MythosXe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MythosXe Ad-Free
 
 
27th July 2014, 06:50 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
Nice module, good job.
A few notes
-the app list needs time to load but you are not showing a loading icon. At first I thought the app was broken, but when I clicked 'launch app' a few seconds later it showed up.
-why are you using gingerbread drop down list?
-if you don't need the v4 support library (which is included automatically) you should remove it and your app size will go down by 200 kb

Looking forward to the shortcut option.
The Following User Says Thank You to DHM47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DHM47 Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 07:19 PM |#3  
MythosXe's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHM47

Nice module, good job.
A few notes
-the app list needs time to load but you are not showing a loading icon. At first I thought the app was broken, but when I clicked 'launch app' a few seconds later it showed up.
-why are you using gingerbread drop down list?
-if you don't need the v4 support library (which is included automatically) you should remove it and your app size will go down by 200 kb

Looking forward to the shortcut option.

-i know it needs some time to load. mentioned it in the OP. also the app list is not yet sorted and stuff and basicly just ugly.
i will rework that soon. as this is just a preview, i didnt focus much on the settings activity yet.

-i thought they might look a bit better, but if people hate them, i will change them

-thanks, will do that
The Following User Says Thank You to MythosXe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MythosXe Ad-Free
27th July 2014, 07:59 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythosXe

-i know it needs some time to load. mentioned it in the OP. also the app list is not yet sorted and stuff and basicly just ugly.
i will rework that soon. as this is just a preview, i didnt focus much on the settings activity yet.

-i thought they might look a bit better, but if people hate them, i will change them

-thanks, will do that

-sorry I was in a hurry to try the app I didn't read the OP carefully
-it looks better, but the orange glow looks bad

And I forgot I'm running PA 4.43 (Android 4.4.4) on galaxy s4 i9500
Also why don't you use a preference screen and make each one a list preference? (PS it's now deprecated but works)
27th July 2014, 08:25 PM |#5  
Saltwarehouze's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
I would like to see this being developed further hence I've purchased the donation package on Google Play.
This module works on my S5 Omega Rom v7.0
👍👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Saltwarehouze For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saltwarehouze Ad-Free
28th July 2014, 01:58 PM |#6  
MythosXe's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your feedback
I updated the first post and uploaded version 1.0 to the repo.
You can now launch shortcuts as well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MythosXe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MythosXe Ad-Free
28th July 2014, 02:32 PM |#7  
Saltwarehouze's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythosXe

Thanks for your feedback
I updated the first post and uploaded version 1.0 to the repo.
You can now launch shortcuts as well!

Thanks for the update. Launch shortcuts works without any problem. Is there any way to disable the haptic feedback when touching the status bar?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 02:35 PM |#8  
MythosXe's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwarehouze

Thanks for the update. Launch shortcuts works without any problem. Is there any way to disable the haptic feedback when touching the status bar?

I don't know. Check your ROM Settings, since i don't have any haptic feedback on my statusbar.
28th July 2014, 04:29 PM |#9  
Saltwarehouze's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
When I disabled your module, there is no haptic feedback but once enabled the haptic feedback is there. Anyways great job man!

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th July 2014, 04:40 PM |#10  
MythosXe's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltwarehouze

When I disabled your module, there is no haptic feedback but once enabled the haptic feedback is there. Anyways great job man!

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You are right. When i enable haptic feedback in my settings, i also get a vibration on the statusbar.

__edit:
i will post an update in a few minutes, where you will be able to disable haptic feedback
The Following User Says Thank You to MythosXe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MythosXe Ad-Free
28th July 2014, 05:30 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Does not work on my Samsung note 3.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes