Thanks Meter: 93

Post Reply Email Thread
14th January 2020, 07:26 PM |#281  
Flag Brampton, ON
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikanoshi

What Android are you on? I don't know how original can work with enforcing SELinux at all, it reloads preferences from whichever process retrieves package info, and SELinux should not allow unprivileged processes reading files owned by another app, otherwise it will be totally useless.

I do know how to make everything work by making settings reload on the fly using ContentProvider instead of a file, but that has its own complications. Most important one is that there are many hooks in this mod and they are being called hundreds of times, sometimes multiple times a second, querying content provider so frequently can have a performance hit that is actually noticeable, because such calls are synchronous.

I'm using the final release of the Pixel Experience 9.0 Plus (Pie) custom ROM on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred) global version phone.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/red...ience-t3830197

Edit: Depending on which root checking app I use, I get different results for the SELinux status. However, when I type in "su" on the first line and "getenforce" on the next line of the Terminal Emulator app, it says that SELinux is enforcing.
15th January 2020, 04:39 PM |#282  
Flag Soviet ☭ Russia
Thanks Meter: 4,470

Donate to Me
More
https://github.com/Mikanoshi/SudoHide/releases
Version 1.28.4
App list mode should work a lot better now (just changed target SDK from 28 to 27, it's an SELinux problem on Android 9+).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mikanoshi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mikanoshi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
privacy, xposed, xposed apps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)